forum

What is the main component of streaming?

posted
Total Posts

What is the main component of streaming?

Tapping
76.77%
Aim
23.23%
Total votes: 99
show more
Yolshka

KanoSet wrote:

tbh for someone like me who have turtle fingers even good aiming won't help me to survive that much
i guess it's more about what you are capable of
What does that mean? Turtle fingers. That stream seemed really good.
Confused.
Mahogany
I'm guessing he means he's a slow streamer

Like me

That map he played is like 154/156bpm
chainpullz

Endaris wrote:

Polls fail to reveal truth about things that can be discussed with proper arguments and examples.
I should open a poll whether 1+1 is 7 or 4.
Clearly the answer is 4. Should pick a tougher question next time.
Yuudachi-kun
2+2=5
KanoSet

Mahogany wrote:

I'm guessing he means he's a slow streamer

Like me

That map he played is like 154/156bpm
yup

Khelly wrote:

2+2=fish
ftfy
ZenithPhantasm

KanoSet wrote:

2+2=pantsu
8-)
DeathHydra
Both are so important that I can't say which one is the main component of streams
Drezi
"Which side of a rectangle defines it's area more?"

Both tapping and aiming are required and important of course, but most of the time tapping will be the bottleneck that keeps one from being able to SS harder streams, as most strreams are relatively easy to aim. There are crazy spaced streams too of course, where BPM might not be the issue, but extremely precise and even tracing is required aim-wise, in those cases aim becomes the bottleneck (and "more important" in that sense).
chainpullz

Khelly wrote:

KanoSet wrote:

tbh for someone like me who have turtle fingers even good aiming won't help me to survive that much
i guess it's more about what you are capable of
"turtle fingers" are irrelevant because we're talking about streams that you individually feel comfortable with bpm wise. Whether that's 160 or 200 or 250 whatever. How about streams where speed is a non-issue?
146bpm the dream hnnnng....
ithgyu
Both are essential elements. Tapping can be argued to be more important because without being able to physically stream fast enough, no matter your aim, you will miss, whereas with aim you can luck out
Yuudachi-kun

II Jelli II wrote:

Both are essential elements. Tapping can be argued to be more important because without being able to physically stream fast enough, no matter your aim, you will miss, whereas with aim you can luck out
I'd argue that this component of tapping is trivial and not really too much to worry about because all you need to do is vaguely approximate the stream's bpm. If you're playing to your bpm level, it doesn't matter at all really. Then comes aim as the main element of streaming followed by being able to SS streams.
Topic Starter
B1rd
Who would have thought, despite the angry G&R mob the large majority of people still agree with me :^)
I Give Up
Stream = more tapping. Jump = more aiming. Wow complicated.
Yuudachi-kun

B1rd wrote:

Who would have thought, despite the angry G&R mob the large majority of people still agree with me :^)
Who would've thought that b1rd can't think of how wording the question and providing more information changes responses.

E.G, Kanoset's assumptions

KanoSet wrote:

oh i thought you guys were talking about 5.5* and above 200bpm crazy stuff only
well if it's in a range that i can tap comfortablly then aiming is streaming i would say
but i don't believe bird assumed that either
Mahogany
Yeah, anyone can completely change the question being asked to get others to agree with them.
Saphirshroom

B1rd wrote:

Post your amazing FD4D FC, make another poll with options "agree"/"disagree" that says

B1rd wrote:

Streams are about tapping and hand synchronisation. Spaced streams are not hard to aim, all you need to do is move your hand at a constant rate to hit a spaced stream.
The reason why people are disagreeing with you is because you say that, then post a fucking Relax Freedom Dive FC to support your argument and go on claiming you have experience with what makes streams hard.
N0thingSpecial

B1rd wrote:

Damn son you have people that agree with you, your parents must be very proud *slow clap*

Talking about search for acceptance this guy is desperate af
Topic Starter
B1rd

Khelly wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Who would've thought that b1rd can't think of how wording the question and providing more information changes responses.

Mahogany wrote:

Yeah, anyone can completely change the question being asked to get others to agree with them.
I don't understand how anyone can possibly misconstrue my argument as anything other than 'tapping and not aim is the main element of streaming', but I knew people would which is why I made a new thread to phrase the question in absolutely the most simple form possible.

Now, if you want to try and backpedal and say' hey, that's not what we were arguing about!' then tell me what we were arguing about so I can go back and explain in detail the meaning of my replies. Otherwise, accept that you are wrong or have a contrarian opinion and stop being so salty about it.

KukiMonster wrote:

Stream = more tapping. Jump = more aiming. Wow complicated.
Oh hey, someone here is using common sense, am I dreaming?
piruchan
I'd say tapping except for spaced streams, those things are evil.
-Makishima S-
TL;DR:

By b1rd logic main problem with streams in Dragonforce maps, Blue Zenith, Ice Angel, Babymetal is tapping, not aim.

You - Are - An - Idiot

This whole poll is as stupid as it's creator because comparing burst stacks to spaced streams is like comparing a bike to a exclusive car - fuckin retarded.

Very fuckin funny that i can 99% acc 170 bpm stack for over 1 min but i cannot properly aim Ice Angel streams.
Very fuckin tapping problem, ayyyy lmao.

Yo b1rd, who the fuck boosted your acc with pp? With who you shared your account?
I barely see anyone who played long time, got over 3kpp and spreading such dumb fucked theories.

EoT.
deletemyaccount

[Taiga] wrote:

TL;DR:

By b1rd logic main problem with streams in Dragonforce maps, Blue Zenith, Ice Angel, Babymetal is tapping, not aim.

You - Are - An - Idiot

This whole poll is as stupid as it's creator because comparing burst stacks to spaced streams is like comparing a bike to a exclusive car - fuckin retarded.

Very fuckin funny that i can 99% acc 170 bpm stack for over 1 min but i cannot properly aim Ice Angel streams.
Very fuckin tapping problem, ayyyy lmao.

Yo b1rd, who the fuck boosted your acc with pp? With who you shared your account?
I barely see anyone who played long time, got over 3kpp and spreading such dumb fucked theories.

EoT.
I notice you always seem to insult people when you disagree with them.

is it really necessary to accuse someone of multi-accounting just because they have a different idea/opinion to you?

anyway, back to the topic. The argument of whether the main component of streaming being either aim or tapping is fundamentally flawed because some streams are spaces and some are not while some are longer or higher bpm. It's situational.

But I will say that for the most part, tapping is more important than aim (if we are talking about getting good accuracy here) since you need to be able to tap fast enough or slow enough while your aim can be slightly worse off and you would probably be okay since the cursor only needs to be on the circle.

at least that's my opinion
-Makishima S-
I notice you always seem to insult people when you disagree with them.
Then you don't keep up on all my discussions, i tend to discuss a lot even if i dont disagree.
This case is just plain stupid.

is it really necessary to accuse someone of multi-accounting just because they have a different idea/opinion to you?
It's hard to believe that 4k pp player is missleading others with bullshit theory that aim is minor impact of streams and tapping is everything.

Tapping is main component of stacks, close stacks. Whenever stream start to be spaced, in other word stream is not stacked - aim takes same place to tapping, in case of weirdly shaped / high ds streams, aim have even higher impact than tapping.

Not mention jumpstreams / moderated distyance snapping like in for example 8-bit princess where aim have way higer impact on streaming acc than tapping.

Pls, nobody will tell me that for example Cookiezi don't FC Road to resistance HR becouse of tapping...
Deva
Even tho Taiga is a dick most of the times hes 100% right here and what he stated now isnt an opinion but a fact.
deletemyaccount

[Taiga] wrote:

Then you don't keep up on all my discussions, i tend to discuss a lot even if i dont disagree.
This case is just plain stupid.
My bad, I just got blinded with all the slander :(

[Taiga] wrote:

It's hard to believe that 4k pp player is missleading others with bullshit theory that aim is minor impact of streams and tapping is everything.

Tapping is main component of stacks, close stacks. Whenever stream start to be spaced, in other word stream is not stacked - aim takes same place to tapping, in case of weirdly shaped / high ds streams, aim have even higher impact than tapping.

Not mention jumpstreams / moderated distyance snapping like in for example 8-bit princess where aim have way higer impact on streaming acc than tapping.

Pls, nobody will tell me that for example Cookiezi don't FC Road to resistance HR becouse of tapping...
Alright, I read this thread in more detail and the other thread. I understand what you mean. We're actually both right (at least in my head we are) in the sense the the question is actually so convoluted and that 'streaming' doesn't actually imply whether the stream is spaced or not.

But assuming that you are referring to higher levels of play (5+stars?) you are definitely correct in saying that the importance of aim surges opposed to tapping. I might have gotten too muddled in the semantics of the question, sorry.
Mahogany

B1rd wrote:

Now, if you want to try and backpedal and say' hey, that's not what we were arguing about!' then tell me what we were arguing about
We were arguing that stream requires aim

B1rd wrote:

'tapping and not aim is the main element of streaming'
This is not what we were arguing about in the original thread

You're changing the question immensely by forcing people to choose between tapping or aim. That was never part of the discussion. The discussion was that you said streaming did not require aim. It was not a comparison between the importance of tapping or aim, you just included tapping so that you could get people to agree with you and stroke your ego, instead of actually trying to have a discussion about this. You actually know nothing about the subject, so you're just trying to get people on your side by changing the topic and asking misleading questions, and when pressed, to just say that most people agree with you, and that you're right, which is pretty pathetic.

Also, you're showing you really know absolutely nothing by trying to use a RELAX SCORE to prove your point. RELAX SCORES mean nothing, at all. I also seem to remember you saying you can't stream at all, from a while back. If you can't even do streams, what makes you qualified to talk about them? Especially when you're arguing with Khel, who is a freak when it comes to doing streams.

I'm just going to leave this here. LOL STREAMS DONT REQUIRE AIM
-Makishima S-

B1rd wrote:

DeathHydra
Easy to aim (stacks) -> tapping is main component
Easy to tap (comfortable bpm) -> aim is main component

Why is this so hard to understand....

[Taiga] wrote:

That DT by rrtyui....
Topic Starter
B1rd
lol I can't be bothered reading these blocks of text right now,

But I never said that streaming didn't require aim. I said that streaming does require aim in some form but tapping is more important.
-Makishima S-

B1rd wrote:

But I never said that streaming didn't require aim. I said that streaming does require aim in some form but tapping is more important.
v

B1rd wrote:

B1rd wrote:

B1rd wrote:

B1rd wrote:

You are an idiot, one more time.
There is countless amount of examples where aim and not tapping is main component of streams.
Mahogany

B1rd wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Spaced streams are not hard to aim
p/4922735

B1rd wrote:

Khelly wrote:

Streaming IS aim.
No it's not.
p/4922648
Saphirshroom

B1rd wrote:

lol I can't be bothered reading these blocks of text right now,

:|
Topic Starter
B1rd

Mahogany wrote:

B1rd wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Spaced streams are not hard to aim
p/4922735
Would you be content if I said that streams are somewhat hard to aim depending on how spaced the stream? Even though spaced streams increase the tapping difficulty increases as well? Because most streams still require better tapping skill than aiming.

Mahogany wrote:

B1rd wrote:

No it's not.
p/4922648
Are you trying say that I meant that streams require no aim whatsoever? Because I was meaning is that streams are more about tapping instead of being all about aim.

[Taiga] wrote:

B1rd wrote:

v

B1rd wrote:

B1rd wrote:

B1rd wrote:

B1rd wrote:

You are an idiot, one more time.
There is countless amount of examples where aim and not tapping is main component of streams.
Well done, you repeated the thing I've been arguing about this whole time. Are you trying to imply that the quote means stream require no aim whatsoever?
Baka94
I personally value accuracy more than aim. Not just in streams. In every aspect of gameplay I think accuracy is more important than a high combo. I still can't personally stream for too long and I usually fall behind in long streams, but it really makes me happy when I see that I completed a long stream almost perfectly. seeing the stream full of 100s and 50s doesn't really make you happy even if you can survive it.
Deva

Baka94 wrote:

I personally value accuracy more than aim. Not just in streams. In every aspect of gameplay I think accuracy is more important than a high combo. I still can't personally stream for too long and I usually fall behind in long streams, but it really makes me happy when I see that I completed a long stream almost perfectly. seeing the stream full of 100s and 50s doesn't really make you happy even if you can survive it.
Once you become capable of getting all 300s on most of streams you will see just how important aim is.
-Makishima S-
Are you trying to imply that the quote means stream require no aim whatsoever?
So far you didn't said anything else except trying to recover from shitty position when people prove you that aim can be way more important while streaming than 'tapping'.
Yes, it's what i understand from your mumbling.

Because I was meaning is that streams are more about tapping instead of being all about aim.
That's still pure bullshit.
Over/understreaming is in most cases an aim issue.
It's way easier to tap streams in your comfortable bpm than aim them if it comes to weird shapes / spacing / jumpstreams.
Be fuckin clear with what you say and just admit you are talking about STACKS, not pure streams. I cannot call stack a stream, it's more like burst stack since it require zero or almost zero aim.

Anyway, i am done talking to you, it's pointless since Khelly, Maho also tryed to prove you that aim is very important, yet you created completly idiotic poll for whatever reason and still claim that 'tapping' is more important while... yes - we have here already videos proving that AIM is more important than tapping.
N0thingSpecial
can someone just lock this, this is so pointless, as if there was an main component in the first place.
Deva

N0thingSpecial wrote:

as if there was an main component in the first place.
Its brain, you need it for both aim and tapping :D
-Makishima S-

HK_ wrote:

N0thingSpecial wrote:

as if there was an main component in the first place.
Definitly +1
N0thingSpecial

HK_ wrote:

HOW COULD I NEGLECT SOMETHING THIS IMPORTANT WHILE I PLAY, I CAN FINALLY SHIT OUT 600PP PLAY LEFT AND RIGHT. HK_ YOU DA REAL MVP !!111!!111111!!!!!!!
Kunino Sagiri
just be yourself
show more