forum

Need help with hitting notes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bence
Hello!
My problem is that sometimes I can't hit the notes even if I aim them correctly.
This might sound dumb but let me explain: my cursor reaches the circle but leaves it way too early so when I click to get a 300 my cursor already left the circle.
This happens on any kind of patterns but mostly on faster crossjumps and monstrata patterns.
Here are a few screenshots to explain it further:
Reaching note 1
Hitting note 1 (good so far)
Reaching note 2
Hitting note 2 but cursor left already
Same thing on next note:
Reaching note 3
Missing note 3

I know the general solution is "play more" but that only works if you actually know how to fix your problem. You see this has been happening to me for the past 6 months and I have hoarded about 15k PC during that period, yet I still keep shitmissing because of this. I tried playing lower AR, tried playing Hidden, tried changing skins, tried about everything to fix this but nothing worked. These missing are the worst on Highscore [Another] and such maps because of the high bpm.

Can anyone help me out?

Here is my general snapping if that helps
tfg50
This kind of mistake is common actually. The difference is you are aiming too fast and not adjusting your tapping to your aim, most players with this problem actually tap according to the aim and end up going too fast+hitting tons of 100s on jumpy sections. The kind of player that does that is the player that usually has trouble playing high od+low bpm maps because they go too fast.

Idk the reason for your misses tho, it could be reasons like your aim isn't fast enough to reach the circles properly so you go straight from a circle to the other to compensate the lack of speed and the timing for the tap is really small or your snapping is bad or even you aren't used to that kind of bpm/don't have enough speed. It could be even that you don't have confidence in your aiming skills and delay your tapping unknowingly. Try to aim->stop cursor->tap->aim for next circle, the stopping part 70% of the snapping, the other 30% is going straight from a circle to the other.

If you give me a replay I'll watch it and try to tell you the problem ^^.
Topic Starter
Bence
Replay: http://puu.sh/nkL4z/db0d91af85.osr
Map: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/190045

The reason might be that I used to fc maps with low acc and I rather got a 100 instead of missing a jump so I just rushed through harder jumps so I have enough time to fix it if I misaim the next note. That was about 6 months ago, I have fixed my accuracy (more or less) since then but the fast cursor movement is still there, so I end up missing just like in pics/replay.
I tried playing slower maps like Killer Song and fully concentrate on every note but I still ended up having 1 miss, so it didn't help that much, and I know for a fact that I wouldn't be able to follow every note on a 200 bpm map.
Kunino Sagiri
It's just a problem with reading. As usual, even without asking as long as you play more, it should fix itself.
Topic Starter
Bence

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

It's just a problem with reading. As usual, even without asking as long as you play more, it should fix itself.
While I do agree that playing more fixes issues (I fixed my accuracy, stamina, etc) but I was rather patient with 6 months so I was just wondering if anyone had the same issue and maybe they can help me out.
I Give Up
Don't think. Push button. Believe.
Deva

KukiMonster wrote:

Don't think. Push button. Believe.
This is what lead you to your problem. Please dont do that, ever.

You need to play easier maps and pay really close attention on actually hitting notes. You also need to spam the hell out of doing that. It took me a month to somewhat fix it so dont expect instant improvement.
Railey2
alternating could help with that, possibly.
winber1

Bence wrote:

I know the general solution is "play more" but that only works if you actually know how to fix your problem.
no

Bence wrote:

I was just wondering if anyone had the same issue and maybe they can help me out.
yes, play more

forcing yourself to play more hr can potentially help on things actually not piss easy. i.e. at least like 4.5*+
sometimes you think it's your cursor that fucks you up when in reality half the time its also your inconsistent accuracy
Saphirshroom
You have bad hand synchronization. Listen to the rhythm properly, improve your reading on patterns (focus on every single note) or snap more. The first two are advisable to do anyway; Do the last one only if you want.
kurodahatsuharu
I think that's because you play DT too much, it's make you aim faster but not really makes you tap better.