forum

what should i do first

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iderekmc
i suck at streaming and i suck at hr, which should i practice first?
Yuudachi-kun
Streaming is the most fun
KanoSet
personally i would go with streams first
trebby
tfg50
Why not both? You just need to be a perfectionist and play hr a lot while aiming for high acc, eventually both your hr skills and streaming skills will get better.
Deva
I have really hard time understanding how you people who are sub 5k still cant stream...
chainpullz

HK_ wrote:

I have really hard time understanding how you people who are sub 5k still cant stream...
Thank you Mr. Monstrata.
Yuudachi-kun

chainpullz wrote:

HK_ wrote:

Thank you Mr. Monstrata.

His last map is such good stream practice
Railey2
Streaming. You'll need to be decent at streams for most HR maps too, so that is sort of the base-skill here.
chainpullz

Khelly wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

Thank you Mr. Monstrata.

His last map is such good stream practice
A lot of his maps have streams these days tbh but you can't deny hes a large reason for the static spacing triangle spam mapping meta. The funny thing is he was never a triangle mapper. People were just too dense to see that all the triangles formed a hexagrid and that was the heart of his mapping style.

For reference this map afaik was made in mockery of monstrata's style:
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/718032
Yuudachi-kun
I havent noticed that meta, but most of his maps are fun for me to play//practice at the same time so I really son't give a fuck about the complaints.

Shiranai monogatari celestial remains my favourite dt map
Deva
I dont really play his maps so i have no idea what do you mean but whatever...
DeathHydra

HK_ wrote:

Play his maps then. You will reach 10k rank if you can FC most of his maps, which is not a very hard thing to do if you are quite good at jumps. The hard thing is acc, because usually the OD is high
Yuudachi-kun

DeathAdderz wrote:

HK_ wrote:

Play his maps then. You will reach 10k rank if you can FC most of his maps, which is not a very hard thing to do if you are quite good at jumps. The hard thing is acc, because usually the OD is high
So basically you can get 10k rank by being good at acc and aim.

WOW, WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT YOU NEEDED SKILL TO GAIN RANKS.
otoed1
I got to 8k off of pure aim before I stopped trying to be good at this game, aim is clearly too OP. Streaming is harder than aim imo.
Yuudachi-kun

otoed1 wrote:

I got to 8k off of pure aim before I stopped trying to be good at this game, aim is clearly too OP. Streaming is harder than aim imo.
Streaming IS aim.
Deva
wtf if i worked a little bit on my aim id be shitting pp
why did nobody tell me earlier about that??
DeathHydra

HK_ wrote:

wtf if i worked a little bit on my aim id be shitting pp
why did nobody tell me earlier about that??
Because you never ask
B1rd

Khelly wrote:

otoed1 wrote:

Streaming IS aim.
No it's not.
Deva

DeathAdderz wrote:

Because you never ask
:/

B1rd wrote:

Khelly wrote:

Streaming IS aim.
No it's not.
Then pls explain why is there so many people who can deathstream 222 bpm but there are so few FCs on FD4D?
Mahogany

HK_ wrote:

If I SSed my current top rank or 3rd top rank they would be worth 270pp.

And I'm capable of doing that if I tried for long enough

So that's how

B1rd wrote:

No it's not.
Lol streaming requires aim
Deva
wow list of 250pp plays i can get with enough tries expands so much with introduction to monstrata :o
Yuudachi-kun

B1rd wrote:

No it's not.
B1rd, I hate you, but I know you're not completely retarded. Do you actually have experience playing streams? Like, actual fucking experience on harder streams? The harder a stream is to aim, the harder a stream is to maintain acc, stamina, and combo on. Streams that are stacks or straight lines are massively MASSIVELY easier than spaced streams that require more aim. The harder and more curvy a stream is due to mapping and spacing, the harder it is to concentrate on the streaming itself because more of your focus is on the aim.
Kunino Sagiri

Khelly wrote:

Streams that are stacks or straight lines are massively MASSIVELY easier than spaced streams that require more aim. The harder and more curvy a stream is due to mapping and spacing, the harder it is to concentrate on the streaming itself because more of your focus is on the aim.
Depends. The opposite could be true. There are times that you'd be more at ease at decent spaced streaming than w/o or too little.
Yuudachi-kun

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

Khelly wrote:

Streams that are stacks or straight lines are massively MASSIVELY easier than spaced streams that require more aim. The harder and more curvy a stream is due to mapping and spacing, the harder it is to concentrate on the streaming itself because more of your focus is on the aim.
Depends. The opposite could be true. There are times that you'd be more at ease at decent spaced streaming than w/o or too little.
Assuming the bpm is the exact same, no. I don't think so.
B1rd

HK_ wrote:

Then pls explain why is there so many people who can deathstream 222 bpm but there are so few FCs on FD4D?

Khelly wrote:

B1rd, I hate you, but I know you're not completely retarded. Do you actually have experience playing streams? Like, actual fucking experience on harder streams? The harder a stream is to aim, the harder a stream is to maintain acc, stamina, and combo on. Streams that are stacks or straight lines are massively MASSIVELY easier than spaced streams that require more aim. The harder and more curvy a stream is due to mapping and spacing, the harder it is to concentrate on the streaming itself because more of your focus is on the aim.
wow I must have pretty god tier aim then if streams are so hard to aim.

Streams are about tapping and hand synchronisation. Spaced streams are not hard to aim, all you need to do is move your hand at a constant rate to hit a spaced stream. If a stream is more spaced, your cursor is only over each circle for a very small amount of time so if you're not streaming absolutely perfectly, you will miss.

Streams still require aim in some form depending on how spaced they are, but the primary component is tapping. Streaming can be on stacks which require no aim whatsoever.

And yes Khelly, I have plenty of experience on hard streams, and I can aim them fine but I always fail because of finger control. That's why I know this.
Deva
lol wtf even i can get score like that with relax
more like anyone can

Ok now i get it
you have absolutely no experience with streaming
Yuudachi-kun
Bird, you played that on relax. What the fuck is that shit? You seriously cannot separate tapping at the same time as aiming. I can full 300 those streams with relax DT sometimes. What does that prove?

B1rd wrote:

Spaced streams are not hard to aim, all you need to do is move your hand at a constant rate to hit a spaced stream. If a stream is more spaced, your cursor is only over each circle for a very small amount of time so if you're not streaming absolutely perfectly, you will miss.
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/648081

Try the second half of this map. Moving your hand at a constant rate to hit a spaced stream requires aim. It's a harder kind of aim. It's literally aim.

I'm saying the primary component of streams is aim because as the aim gets easier you can more focus on tapping at the required rate and accing the stream as opposed to not being able to follow the stream full stop.
Deva
Khelly why are you even bothering?
chainpullz

B1rd wrote:

HK_ wrote:

Khelly wrote:

wow I must have pretty god tier aim then if streams are so hard to aim.

Streams are about tapping and hand synchronisation. Spaced streams are not hard to aim, all you need to do is move your hand at a constant rate to hit a spaced stream. If a stream is more spaced, your cursor is only over each circle for a very small amount of time so if you're not streaming absolutely perfectly, you will miss.

Streams still require aim in some form depending on how spaced they are, but the primary component is tapping. Streaming can be on stacks which require no aim whatsoever.

And yes Khelly, I have plenty of experience on hard streams, and I can aim them fine but I always fail because of finger control. That's why I know this.
You missed 13 times.
Yuudachi-kun

HK_ wrote:

Khelly why are you even bothering?
For other people's benefits.

I'm also going to add that if hand syncronisation were the primary aspect of streaming, then you should have no problems on Blue Zenith 4 dimensions vs the earlier difficulties because they're both 200 bpm streams. They're both notes that are the same time distance apart.
Mahogany
Lol you're completely retarded if you think relax fully represents aim difficulty
Kunino Sagiri

Khelly wrote:

Try editing every streams in every map that has spaced streams into stacks but don't touch the jumps ofc. Will you at least get the exact same performance? You could do it at some maps of course but you're expected to do way better since there's zero stream aim. Maps like these https://osu.ppy.sh/b/668662 but with a higher bpm would be a good start.
Yuudachi-kun

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

Khelly wrote:

Try editing every streams in every map that has spaced streams into stacks but don't touch the jumps ofc. Will you at least get the exact same performance? You could do it at some maps of course but you're expected to do way better since there's zero stream aim. Maps like these https://osu.ppy.sh/b/668662 but with a higher bpm would be a good start.
But then that just turns the stacks into a different form of jumps rather than a smooth flow of streams. It's better to change every stream into a straight line with minimal spacing.
show more