forum

Can and should i play hardrock only?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Angwar
I really love the mod and have way more fun playing everything with it. However i wonder if it is going to hinder me getting better in osu and if it would be better for me to learn to play AR 9 aswell. I've stopped playing AR9 completely maybe 1-2 weeks ago. Just so you know it's already gotten to the point where i will play EVERY song better with HR than without. Doesn't matter how difficult it is. Trying to play AR 9 again would take some time and would not be very fun for me since i am really bad at playing it right now. So i am asking is it worth it or even necessary to be able to play AR 9 aswell or would you say fuck it if you have more fun with HR and play better with it then do so it's not gonna hinder you?
Endaris
No. To the title question.
Mahogany
If you can play AR10 OD10 absolutely fine and find it more fun than nomod, there's nothing really stopping you, but I'd advise you to balance your HR play with your nomod play, so that you can learn more complex maps more easily, so you don't hit a wall and end up unable to practice stuff that you can't do.

That said, your top ranks are more nomod than HR. Try your top ranks with HR and see how you compare.

Also jesus christ fix your accuracy lmao. Maybe work on that before you continue with HR.
Kunino Sagiri
If you play HR only, you'll get better at it and suck at AR9
If you play AR9-AR9.X only, you'll get better at it and suck at other ARs
If you play both, it'll take you longer than normal to achieve anything but at least you can play both.

This should be obvious right from the very start
-Makishima S-
With 89% global acc i wish you good luck on HR which require skyhigh acc on range minimum 97-98% acc to give ANY reasonable pp.
Additionaly bro, you NEED to learn AR9 perfectly, it's mandatory skill to ever progress into higer level maps. Without it forget and quit right away.
Yuudachi-kun

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

If you play both, it'll take you longer than normal to achieve anything but at least you can play both.

Why does sucking at ar9 matter if you only play HR
Deva
You get better scores on ar10 than ar9 because your reading is shit and you are playing whack a mole. Learn to read pls.
Bauxe
If you are getting accuracy like that you suck at hard rock.
ithgyu
yes you can
absolutely no you shouldnt even play it at all yet
Railey2

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

This does not address OP's question. As Khelly pointed out, if he only plays HR why does it matter how well he does at other ARs?

If you want to get good at this game, then it is too early for you to pick up HR. Your rank indicates that you didn't progress to a difficulty-level where the patterns get a bit more complex (past 4*). You probably can't stream accurately yet or singletap/alternate higher BPMs, your reading is lacking, your accuracy is bad, your sense of rhythm is most likely underdeveloped in comparison to players that are 80k ranks above you. All of these things are needed if you want to get good at this game, and they are really hard to pick up on if you keep playing only HR. The most effective way is to grind your way up with nomod and slowly adjust your AR and OD upwards.

Playing HR excessively at your level will not be beneficial in the long run. I didn't start playing HR until I was around 6k.
Kunino Sagiri

Khelly wrote:

Why does sucking at ar9 matter if you only play HR
I didn't imply this at all but I haven't seen someone who got better or at least retained their original skill at playing AR9s when they quit playing it.

Railey2 wrote:

This does not address OP's question
It does.
Yuudachi-kun

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

Railey2 wrote:

This does not address OP's question
It does.
No it doesn't. Ar9 is irrelevant when talking about hr.
Topic Starter
Angwar

Mahogany wrote:

Also jesus christ fix your accuracy lmao. Maybe work on that before you continue with HR.

I've only recently found out that i have played with massive audio delay for my entire playtime which is the main reason for my shit accuracy. That was like 4 days ago and my accuracy has already gone up by almost 3 %
Kunino Sagiri

Khelly wrote:

No it doesn't. Ar9 is irrelevant when talking about hr.
OP asks the question "Should I play HR or both HR and AR9? Would HR only/not learning AR9 just hinder me?" so it does include AR9. I gave him an answer.
Topic Starter
Angwar

Railey2 wrote:

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

This does not address OP's question. As Khelly pointed out, if he only plays HR why does it matter how well he does at other ARs?

If you want to get good at this game, then it is too early for you to pick up HR. Your rank indicates that you didn't progress to a difficulty-level where the patterns get a bit more complex (past 4*). You probably can't stream accurately yet or singletap/alternate higher BPMs, your reading is lacking, your accuracy is bad, your sense of rhythm is most likely underdeveloped in comparison to players that are 80k ranks above you. All of these things are needed if you want to get good at this game, and they are really hard to pick up on if you keep playing only HR. The most effective way is to grind your way up with nomod and slowly adjust your AR and OD upwards.

Playing HR excessively at your level will not be beneficial in the long run. I didn't start playing HR until I was around 6k.

Thank you this was the most helpful answer in this thread that wasn't just bashing me :) I will listen to your advice.
Railey2
no problem and good luck with picking up on AR9 again! You'll be able to relearn it way faster than you think. Keep at it :)
Floob
No.

Play only hidden+hardrock
Yuudachi-kun

Floob wrote:

No.

HDHRDT
chainpullz

Khelly wrote:

Floob wrote:

No.

HDHRDT
Real men HDHRFL.
-Makishima S-
Real men HDHRFL.
Someone call Bikko, he is expert in this.
Topic Starter
Angwar

Bauxe wrote:

my accuracy with hardrock is fine. I usually get like 95%
My average accuracy is so bad mainly because i have been playing with massive audio delay until recently and never noticed.
chainpullz

Angwar wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

My average accuracy is so bad mainly because i have been playing with massive audio delay until recently and never noticed.
95% on od6+HR hard is garbage tier. Even on od10 95% is pretty shitty tbh. There are only a handful of maps I'd consider 95% decent on and only with HDHR and you wouldn't even be able to pass them nomod.
ithgyu

Angwar wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

your accuracy is utter trash. Dont think that it isnt. If you cannot at least (absolute minimum) get 97% on basically everything that you get close to fc, then you have dogshit hardrock acc. Sorry if this comes off as harsh, but you obviously dont get it. Do not play hr yet if you want to get remotely good at this game
N0thingSpecial
Do wt ever you want, but preferably I advice you be a balanced player and learn both ar 9 and ar 10
When I say learn I mean get good acc and be reasonably consistent with that acc, and when I say good acc I mean at least 97%
winber1
you guys all forgot to scale his accuracy to the in class curve, which would make it a 99.5% accuracy

silly gamers
Myles

Khelly wrote:

Floob wrote:

No.

HDHRDT
play only HDDT pls
Yuudachi-kun
But then how will I learn to be Axarious?
Topic Starter
Angwar

II Jelli II wrote:

your accuracy is utter trash. Dont think that it isnt. If you cannot at least (absolute minimum) get 97% on basically everything that you get close to fc, then you have dogshit hardrock acc. Sorry if this comes off as harsh, but you obviously dont get it. Do not play hr yet if you want to get remotely good at this game

Got it chief, you are right.
BuzzNoobOrPro
what does happens if i use hard rock?
Endaris
All map parameters get multiplied by 1.4, meaning that circles will appear later and approach circles will be faster, circles will be smaller, the hitwindow for 300s gets smaller and health drain becomes stronger.