forum

Playing with middle and ring finger?

posted
Total Posts
show more
DeathHydra

TMiracle wrote:

so what if I main middle finger? Is it bad in the long run? like if I ever attempt to triple/double digit rank? .___.
Should I relearn to main index? O___o
Able to use both is the best but I don't think it will be bad.
silento
I play middle and ring. It's harder to spam with it while also sharing a tendon, which makes it "supposey" harder to improve on.

Any competent mania player laughs, and it is just a matter of playing and practicing more to improve. It's just preference, nothing more.
Mahogany

TMiracle wrote:

so what if I main middle finger? Is it bad in the long run? like if I ever attempt to triple/double digit rank? .___.
Should I relearn to main index? O___o
Noo, you're lucky if you can easily main middle finger
TMiracle
I never even realised that most people use index, I thought everyone uses middle - just because it feels so natural for me, lol.
Out of curiosity I jsut tried maining index, and missed almost every note, impossibru XD
the more you know.
Mahogany
I'm so much faster and more accurate with my middle finger but I can't into triples or streams from it

Then again I'm trying to learn alternate so who knows where I'll end up
Yuudachi-kun
Singletap normally index
Long fast single sections middle
Consecutive slider or slider note slider patterns alternate

8-)
TMiracle

Mahogany wrote:

I'm so much faster and more accurate with my middle finger but I can't into triples or streams from it

Then again I'm trying to learn alternate so who knows where I'll end up
triples and 5-ples (dunno how you call them) are my biggest problem .__.
I'm sort of getting the hang of it slowly, but they are a nightmare to deal with.
Mahogany
I think 5-streams are called quintuples :D

Yeah, they're fairly annoying to learn.

This map really helped me with them. Try it and see if you think it's worth practicing?
Yuudachi-kun
4's are harder
Mahogany
4s are rough and unintuitive but since I've been learning to alternate they've gotten a lot easier

Khel how are you on doubles
Yuudachi-kun
Getting better, but they're still harder.

boozehound dt had nasty doubles because of a pattern that went like single double single double single in a flowy jump pattern.
TMiracle

Mahogany wrote:

I think 5-streams are called quintuples :D

Yeah, they're fairly annoying to learn.

This map really helped me with them. Try it and see if you think it's worth practicing?
Thx!

Dat moment when you 100% acc the beggining and drop to 88% after triple/quintuple part. x_x
Mahogany
Acc on that map is a bitch at first because trying to burst the streams is very difficult if you don't have the necessary speed but the fact that it gives you the breaks between them also means that you actually learn to do the speed instead of mashing and petering out and not learning anything so yeah great map for learning how to play streamy stuff. Also OD8.5 is slightly more difficult than most maps which have 7/8
I remember the time endaris sightread FCed that in multi with like 88% acc

Khel you should play Algebra the doubles in that are great
TMiracle

Mahogany wrote:

Acc on that map is a bitch at first because trying to burst the streams is very difficult if you don't have the necessary speed but the fact that it gives you the breaks between them also means that you actually learn to do the speed instead of mashing and petering out and not learning anything so yeah great map for learning how to play streamy stuff. Also OD8.5 is slightly more difficult than most maps which have 7/8
I remember the time endaris sightread FCed that in multi with like 88% acc

Khel you should play Algebra the doubles in that are great
After playing few more times I actually remembered that I had this map before, but deleted it after rage-quit lol.
Guess I gonna spam this for a while then. x_x
Mahogany
Just don't burn yourself out on it and kill your muscle memory, remember to vary it up a bit and put highest priority on having fun
TMiracle

Mahogany wrote:

Just don't burn yourself out on it and kill your muscle memory, remember to vary it up a bit and put highest priority on having fun
My strategy to learning is:
I got 12k maps and set difficulty filter to 4.35 - 5.00* (my acc and speed is high enough to 95%+ some of 5*, aim and streamy bits are the only thing holding me atm x_x)
And after every song/instead of retry - I just press F2 and play random ones.
Mahogany
Good attitude :D
Sayorie
Yeah. Good 7K mania players have great finger-independency with their ring finger. Heck they can do 1/4 jacks with most high-BPM maps. I guess it works with just training your finger.
piruchan
I used to play with middle and ring because I feel my index is too short. Single tap was on middle, but I start streams/triples with ring. Recently switched to middle/index, single tap and start streams/triples with middle finger. From what I've noticed middle/ring gives more control, but middle/index gives more speed it's also easier to mash with middle/index.
7ambda
You just made me want to learn this playstyle.
NinjaNick
I play index and ring finger if anyone's curious. It really comes down to preference. Don't change to the majority just because it's exactly that, the majority. Play your own style and you'll improve at your own pace.