Total Posts
show more
dNextGen

KRZY wrote:

Lrn2keep up with time
ok
Topic Starter
Lunah_old
Subject: Re: Top 5 players 2010 (osu! standard)

keep the theme please
sh0gu1nga0n
Cookiez - for insane-nous - numbeh 1 style
taNa - also for insane-nous, SS style
Shaggon - insaneinsanenous - insane style
Lybydose - I've never seen him without any mods on lol
Rucker - K-ON - Don't say lazy(full) by DJPop, good enough reason
Mastodonio
Cookiezi
Rucker
Shaggon
Lybydose
Bikko
Topic Starter
Lunah_old
so guys, thank you for tips, here the list

• 1st ~ Cookiezi
he got 27 points, absolutely a legend as lesjuh said, he is the best player in all mods, the fastest and the most accurate, he can take what he wants

• 2nd ~ ShaggoN
he got 19 points, without discussions he was the best player before that cookiezi came, he has a great self-control and can SS songs without problems, awesome skill in flashlight and in normal mod

• 3rd ~ Rucker
he got 18 points, Rucker is an awesome player, he is very good with Hidden and Hardrock + Hidden mod, he get record in few try, what a pro!

• 4th ~ Doomsday
he got 16 points, Doomsday is one of best player with mouse, is fast and precise, a perfect player!

• 5th ~ Lybydose
he got only 6 votes but i want add him not only because he is my favorite player, but for how he engage for get Flashlight records

these players will be added in the video. but i'll mention too the others :

• 6th ~ tANa
    7th ~ SnowWhite
    8th ~ sprosive
    9th ~ KRZY
    10th ~ Lesjuh
    11th ~ GladioOl
    12th ~ LemonWater
    13th ~ KanbeKotori
    14th ~ Lunah
    15th ~ ReimuSS
    16th ~ estel
    17th ~ White_Wolfl
    18th ~ Kuburaczek
    19th ~ TKiller
    20th ~ Bikko

Some players lost few place for "inactivity". i'll post he video when finished , thank you all for help

you can still vote if you want /o
Wishy
Why do people hate tablet players?
Topic Starter
Lunah_old

Wishy22 wrote:

Because they think is easier play with tablet, but they're wrong :3
kaxaru
Cookiezi
Shaggon
Rucker
Bikko
TKiller
KRZY
ilu Lunah <3
Wishy

Lunah wrote:

Wishy22 wrote:

I see, it's really sad that they do, since this game was originally played with a touchscreen and well, in that way mouse players are the ones using the most strange stuff. xd
Waryas
Cookiezi - He's crazy.
Rucker
KRZY
Flute - Some of his DT replays are like *_*, surprised no one mentionned him.
Doomsday
TKiller
Yeah, Flute is pretty fast and he surely made it very quickly to the top 20.

Should've also noted SilentWings, though sad that his rhythm skill is not yet as brilliant as his control skill.
anonymous_old

Lunah wrote:

Wishy22 wrote:

No, I'm right.

I played tablet and was able to spin faster and play more patterns than I usually do with the mouse. And most people who watch me play mouse think I'm a tablet player anyway.

And that was after just hours of playing tablet. (I had a tablet for one day so I played osu!. ;P)
Wishy
Saying something using as a basis your two hours experience isn't really trustable. I used to spin faster with mouse than I do with tablet, and I think the fastest spinners around there are done by mouse players, and I think that one month playing with mouse and almost two months of playing with a tablet are a more worthy experience than some hours of tablet. Maybe you didn't notice something at all, but after some hours of playing with a tablet you already somehow reach your mouse level, it isn't like by playing for a week you become godlike when compared to mouse. When I first got my tablet I was playing like one hour a day, and three days after I got my tablet it was already as comfortable as my mouse, afterwards there wasn't any epicly fast progress. You'd know that if you played osu! with a tablet for an extended period of time.
anonymous_old

Wishy22 wrote:

QQ
I'm well aware of all that. I was just pointing out that I was better at some things with a tablet with only a few hours of experience.
Topic Starter
Lunah_old
strager you know that i use a tablet .. and you know how i play, I suck at jumps ..
Many players that i know spin 200-220 with tablet

Tablet doesn't mean "YOU ARE PRO" , i know like 2-3 italian people that use a tablet but they can't finish a easy

another thing, tablet hurts fingers when you hold it .. mouse doesn't .. trust me is more relaxing play with a mouse
Vpalach
and here comes reasonable question: if mouse is better, then why would u use tablet instead?
OzzyOzrock
stuff that's batshit insane with a mouse I guess
anonymous_old

Lunah wrote:

strager you know that i use a tablet .. and you know how i play, I suck at jumps ..
Many players that i know spin 200-220 with tablet

Tablet doesn't mean "YOU ARE PRO" , i know like 2-3 italian people that use a tablet but they can't finish a easy

another thing, tablet hurts fingers when you hold it .. mouse doesn't .. trust me is more relaxing play with a mouse
?

I said I was better using a tablet than using a mouse.

I never said using a tablet made you pro.

Vpalach wrote:

and here comes reasonable question: if mouse is better, then why would u use tablet instead?
I use it because (1) I have it and (2) I like to play with mouse over tablet.
Waryas
No fucking tablet playing faggots getting in my top 5.
You were being rude to tablet users..
SilentWings_old
There is nothing wrong with tablet. Yes it does make it so that you can get excellent cursor control with less practice than with mouse, but excellent cursor control with mouse is equally possible; just takes more practice time. Also, some tablet users like Cookiezi have insane stream abilities. Being a tablet user does not mean you can automatically stream 250 bpm+. It takes practice.
eddieee
-cookiezi (it's true)
-rucker
-shaggon
-h1ko (just wait you guys)
-Flute
-lesjuh
-gladi
-henkie
-snowwhite
-cyclone
-doomsday
-krzy
-etc
-etc

too many imba players man x_X
Wishy

Vpalach wrote:

For the same reason I bought the guitar shaped joystick for Guitar Hero, it's way more fun.
Wishy

strager wrote:

Wishy22 wrote:

QQ
I'm well aware of all that. I was just pointing out that I was better at some things with a tablet with only a few hours of experience.
Good for you, most people spin slower with tablet than with mouse, and some people need weeks to get used to use a tablet, plus you don't usually are better with a tablet because of no reason. That may be your case, but I've got friends who really had a hard time getting used to it, and yes, some feel it's easier to spin with a tablet, such as I feel it's the other way. Depends on each player it seems, but well, I'm now well aware you're one strange case that for no reason is better with tablet than with mouse, even when you just played with it for some hours, seriously, good for you. xd

Damn can't delete this double post.
SilentWings_old

Vpalach wrote:

You improve up to 3x as fast if you use tablet.
anonymous_old
Which is more believable?

Scenario A wrote:

<PlayerA> Hey, you're pretty good. Do you play with a mouse?
<PlayerB> No, I play with a tablet.
<PlayerA> =O!

Scenario B wrote:

<PlayerA> Hey, you're pretty good. Do you play with a tablet?
<PlayerB> No, I play with a mouse.
<PlayerA> =O!
Figuring that out, you can probably tell why most players believe tablet == instapro, etc. (Not to say I'm that shallow; just thought I'd point this out.)
Daru
Learning to read beatmaps is where a lot of the skill comes from as well.

For example, if you can read C800 speed in Stepmania, you'd probably be able to read C800 speed in ITG/DDR, despite the two having different control mechanisms. A person who can AAAA every song in the Otaku's Dream packs will pick up playing on a pad far faster than someone who just started playing, and would probably be passing 10-steps in a day or so (assuming requisite physical capabilities are there).

By the same token, if a tablet player for a year picks up a mouse, they'll be far ahead of a person who's just picked up the game with the mouse. Likewise for a mouse player picking up a tablet.

My .02.
deepsea
Tablet does make you play better(for most people, not all), but tablet only makes you from pro to more pro or sucky to less sucky. Tablet can't make you from sucky to pro.

Also btw, Sprosive switches back to mouse again, he plays much better with mouse.
[/late]
SilentWings_old

strager wrote:

<PlayerA> =O!
Always get asked this. XD
Galkan

strager wrote:

Which is more believable?

Scenario A wrote:

<PlayerA> Hey, you're pretty good. Do you play with a mouse?
<PlayerB> No, I play with a tablet.
<PlayerA> =O!

Scenario B wrote:

<PlayerA> =O!
Figuring that out, you can probably tell why most players believe tablet == instapro, etc. (Not to say I'm that shallow; just thought I'd point this out.)
inb4 ShaggoN

Since I have new mouse, I try to play only with it, I tried tablet once but it's uncomfortable to me :3
GladiOol
mouse =/= mouse+keyboard.

Please keep that in mind also, because in my eyes people who use keyboard are also supportergots~~~~~~~~~~
LaceWingfield
Cookiezi
ReimuSS
Rucker
ShaggoN
LemonWater
those
How does one play with the tablet?

Anyway, I'm not so sure I know the players well enough to know if they play mouseonly, but I heard that's what Doomsday and Gladi do, so those two are definitely part of my Top 5.
SilentWings_old
Doomsday is mouse + keyboard from late 2009 up according to his blog.
[Sean]
I'm surprised no ones mentioned Lesjuh...

Before Cookiezi took the top maps #1's by storm, wasn't it Lesjuh everyone was obsessed with?
GladiOol

[Sean] wrote:

Before Cookiezi took the top maps #1's by storm, wasn't it Lesjuh everyone was obsessed with?
Rofl, ALOT of people mentioned Lesjuh.
You suck~~
[Sean]

GladiOol wrote:

[Sean] wrote:

Rofl, ALOT of people mentioned Lesjuh.
You suck~~
I read the first two pages, couldn't be bothered reading the others. Sorry if I assumed wrong then...
Sup A Noob
I wonder when this discussion became Tablet vs Mouse...

A friend once told me I play like Auto.
Zetta

strager wrote:

:( Why hate.
anonymous_old

GladiOol wrote:

mouse =/= mouse+keyboard.

Please keep that in mind also, because in my eyes people who use keyboard are also supportergots~~~~~~~~~~
Yes, I know.

Tablet ZL != tablet LZ != tablet ZX != tablet LR

There's the general tablet/mouse split for aiming. In general, keyboard is more helpful for streaming, but that mostly depends on how you move your cursor. For a high sensitivity player like me, with very hard-to-click mouse buttons, mouse LR is impractical; for someone like you (Gladi) who plays with a low sensitivity (and has a claw grip), mouse LR or LZ is more practical.

Zetta wrote:

strager wrote:

:( Why hate.
Already explained. Read the thread before you post?
show more