forum

Ever heard the saying "If it's not broken don't fix it."?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Zezin
Rather than a request to add something this is a request NOT to add things.

Seriously the UI changes like every other week and rarely for the better. The worst offenders being the new "Click the circles" song that defaults when you open Osu and the new popping sound when I scroll through the song list, it's so grating. I just can't stand this policy of "all ideas are good ideas." I also don't want to update Osu every time I play it.

I could go on like this for awhile but I think I've made my point. Just revert the UI back one to three years and I'm sure people will like it better. Not that anyone would recognize it because none of them last long enough to stick in our memory.
CXu
All new sound effects are skinable. Just make them silent yourself. UI changes are to be expected as more osu!next stuff gets integrated.

"I'm sure people will like it better. " Nice generalization based on nothing.

And it's osu! with lower case o and an exclamation mark at the end, but I assume you don't care.
FrzR
If you don't like the osu! theme when you launch osu!, you can simply remove the feature in the options.
Pawsu

CXu wrote:

All new sound effects are skinable. Just make them silent yourself. UI changes are to be expected as more osu!next stuff gets integrated.

"I'm sure people will like it better. " Nice generalization based on nothing.

And it's osu! with lower case o and an exclamation mark at the end, but I assume you don't care.
^
http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skinning_Sounds
Also, check out the options. There's a lot more than you think might be there.
abraker
To finish this off, here is a quote by peppy:

peppy wrote:

Prepare yourselves for more changes. I am not interested in maintaining status quo just to keep people happy. Going forward we will be making more changes to mods and gameplay in general!
Bara-
It's to prepare us for osu!next
You can also just use Stable (Fallback) if you hate current things
Sea_Food
Somewhat agree. I dont like the new effect sounds at all either. Especially the pause song that plays even when you minimize osu! I know they are skinnable, and I actually think its a really good feature to have skinnable sound effects for all those things, but my God. Why does their have to be default sound effects? Not to mention how terrible they are. It just feels like bluename is trolling us all.

"I put a lot of effort into this, so if you want to enjoy the game without it, you must put a lot of effort to disable it aswell. Suck it!"

Also the not so new anymore options menu... I seen a lot of shit, but i must be honest. The options menu of this game must be the worst one of any program I ever seen in my life. Why cant it be full screen like it used to be? Way over desinged. And its not something you can skin or revert back to in any way.
Bauxe
If you don't want frequent updates use a different release stream like stable. (that is, if you aren't already using stable)