Mahogany
Lol I literally just did that

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4595416

Basically the exact same lmao
Vuelo Eluko

Mahogany wrote:

But you're forgetting the massive acc difference

99.71 vs 99.13
completely goes away with interest when you take into account the massive bpm, spacing, and overall hardness difference]

dont look at modless, one is od9 one is od8, artificial difference. lower od really makes it harder on a map like 4d

you are more likely to notelock and fail on freedom dive than you are on blue zenith because od8 222bpm vs od9 200, whereas the same mistake might just be a 100 on blue zenith
Mahogany
BZ is more consistently streamy though compared to FD which has more parts that aren't streams

Also, BZ has like one short break while FD has like 3 breaks that are longer

As for speed, idk. You're probably right about that, doesn't the system not properly take high bpm into account?
Yuudachi-kun

Mahogany wrote:

BZ is more consistently streamy though compared to FD which has more parts that aren't streams

As for speed, idk. You're probably right about that, doesn't the system not properly take high bpm into account?
Freedom dive probably gets close to blue zenith as a result of its 222 bpm, not blue zenith getting to FD's level despite it's 200 bpm.

E: Also I want to chime in and say 222 bpm isn't really that high, but getting into the higher 250+ bpms and there starts to be a problem. I think it was something about osu calculating difficulty based on how the notes were in a certain period of time and if you go fast enough there's less notes per time period or some shit I don't remember.
Vuelo Eluko

Mahogany wrote:

222 is well under the threshold where pp starts to fail

its like 250+ where it starts not knowing what is happening and 270 it just completely loses itself, particularly when it comes to long/low spacing
Yuudachi-kun
What do you mean starts to fail? Gives too much? Maybe it gives the right amount because those speeds are hard (Assuming high acc and a high diff map like we know top players are playing). And since they're rewarding people practice them more making them easier for those people just because they decided to uber train that skill.
Vuelo Eluko
gives too little tbh, take gayzmcgee's scores for example, if he is legit anyway those should be way higher as there is not a single player who even comes remotely close to what he can do. he's a solid 20-30 bpm ahead of anyone else in terms of what he can full 300.
Yuudachi-kun

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

gives too little tbh, take gayzmcgee's scores for example, if he is legit anyway those should be way higher as there is not a single player who even comes remotely close to what he can do. he's a solid 20-30 bpm ahead of anyone else in terms of what he can full 300.
The first time I saw gayzmcgee he recently submitted his HDHR of Forgotten and I thought he was a hacker about to get banned. He's pretty great.
chainpullz

Mahogany wrote:

Remember that low-medium level DT is basically simpler Nomod but with inflated PP gains

It only really starts differentiating itself once it reaches a...higher...level...idk, I don't play DT. Khel, what SR/BPM would you say DT comes into its own?
SR is irrelevant and BPM is only an indicator for high (low?) BPM maps because low BPM maps are either a joke or significantly harder than "medium bpm" DT.

It also very much depends on when the map was made. Most newer maps feature sliders where traditionally there would be circle(s) because they look nicer and aren't as harsh on newer players. Additionally, sufficiently old maps follow od=AR convention so they are either dense ar9 or od9.7.

With that said, be it DT, nomod, or HR, any map you request from tillerino is probably going to be over weighted as fuck.
Yuudachi-kun
No map is overweighted. Only opinions are. Besides, Tooth wasn't asking when does pp from DT become something different. He was asking me when I consider DT to become real legitimate DT as opposed to something most people can play for acc.
Setsuna

Pandr-Sama wrote:

Let's use Hvick225 as an example. A lot of their scores are Dt+HD scores. To get better at DT how would they have practised? Would they have just played DT and gradually progressed the speed of their aim or would they have played a mixture of DT and NoMod to progress there overall osu skills?
I'm still figuring this out ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yuudachi-kun
But we explained it¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I Give Up

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

the solution is to move some pp from the higher end to the lower end, it's basically gauranteed that the first 800 pp score is going to be hr right now. so many underrated hr plays and overrated ones at the same time, this would fix that.
I agree. 10% of song's pp in the top 99% acc is ridiculous. Acc bonus way too exponential.
Yuudachi-kun

KukiMonster wrote:

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

the solution is to move some pp from the higher end to the lower end, it's basically gauranteed that the first 800 pp score is going to be hr right now. so many underrated hr plays and overrated ones at the same time, this would fix that.
I agree. 10% of song's pp in the top 99% acc is ridiculous. Acc bonus way too exponential.

I don't; I think exponential gain on very high od reflects how much harder it is to go from 99% to 99.5 than from 98 to 99 or 95 to 98 etc.
I Give Up

Khelly wrote:

I don't; I think exponential gain on very high od reflects how much harder it is to go from 99% to 99.5 than from 98 to 99 or 95 to 98 etc.
That is true for maps with difficult patterns or hard stamina. But on most TV size maps where it is brainless effort to get under 80UR and +99% the acc bonus does not discriminate, you get a ton of OD10 pp. Why have an acc bonus if it is just to under-rank HR players who simply refuse to farm TV size? I guess its coz pp system is still being updated but oh well.
Yuudachi-kun

KukiMonster wrote:

Khelly wrote:

That is true for maps with difficult patterns or hard stamina. But on most TV size maps where it is brainless effort to get under 80UR and +99% the acc bonus does not discriminate, you get a ton of OD10 pp. Why have an acc bonus if it is just to under-rank HR players who simply refuse to farm TV size? I guess its coz pp system is still being updated but oh well.
I don't think OD10 tv sizes are brainless to get good accuracy on, but that's because I generally don't have the skill to get above 97% on those even if I really try.

Besides, why should you decide to care about people who decide not to play a certain type of map? Why should you reward players for NOT doing something rather than putting in what you consider to be 0 effort into something they can do. Saying that it underranks HR players who avoid those maps is saying the system should try to think about what people can do instead of just focusing on what they have done. How the hell is any system supposed to be omniscient enough to know more than what players provide for it?

If I was somehow 2x better than Cookiezi, should I be given rank #1 if I never play ranked maps? No.
I Give Up

Khelly wrote:

I don't think OD10 tv sizes are brainless to get good accuracy on
Most.

Khelly wrote:

Why should you reward players for NOT doing something rather than putting in what you consider to be 0 effort into something they can do.
These are players that make scores that other TV size players cannot replicate at same difficulty. It is very difficult to get 98% on say, bubble raver [INFINITE] due to finger control requirement, where as no title [Lust's Insane] +99% is very easy to achieve. But because of the pp curve, 98% on OD10 is heavily reduced pp, so the result is that it rewards less than no brain 99%. That annoys me for some reason.
Setsuna

Khelly wrote:

But we explained it¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Plz, Hvick and the top players are secretly hacking, you never know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kappa
chainpullz

KukiMonster wrote:

Khelly wrote:

I don't think OD10 tv sizes are brainless to get good accuracy on
Most.

Khelly wrote:

Why should you reward players for NOT doing something rather than putting in what you consider to be 0 effort into something they can do.
These are players that make scores that other TV size players cannot replicate at same difficulty. It is very difficult to get 98% on say, bubble raver [INFINITE] due to finger control requirement, where as no title [Lust's Insane] +99% is very easy to achieve. But because of the pp curve, 98% on OD10 is heavily reduced pp, so the result is that it rewards less than no brain 99%. That annoys me for some reason.
Bubble raver isn't even that hard to acc as far as technical maps go tbh. The only difficulty in the entire map basically is not choking the couple of stream jumps and that's more just having good cursor control and not going full retard on them tbh. I wouldn't consider easy short streams to be difficult to acc. I'm not annoyed at all tbh. If you have the cursor control for bubble raver you can probably fc no title 9/10 tries with decent acc (unless you are me and have fuduji acc regardless of map).
iderekmc

Mahogany wrote:

Lol I literally just did that

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4595416

Basically the exact same lmao
why in the second song that tillerino says the pp, he doesnt say the star rating and in the first one u can see its 7.48 stars
iderekmc

KukiMonster wrote:

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

i agree