forum

buying new tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ckln
Mahogany
Huion H420 is a great entry point if you're only going to play osu with your tablet
Topic Starter
ckln
Huion H420 looks good! But are there anything other good tablets under 65$?
-Makishima S-
Wacoom CTL-470 iirc
Topic Starter
ckln
Wacom CTL-470?
http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Bamboo-Conn ... B005HGBEYS
Are there any cheaper tablets than Wacom CTL-470?
If not i would buy Huion H420 :)
Lambykinz
The osu! tablet is the greatest tablet the world has ever seen!
Get your osu! tablet now at a great low price of 30 USD!
The osu! tablet... the tablet that makes n00bs into champions!

"I used to play with the mouse only... but even FC'ing Big Black with it was not enough. I needed something more. So I bought the osu! tablet, and now here I am."
- Cookiezi

"The osu! tablet is the greatest thing I've ever used. I could not have done my 100% acc FC on Big Black without it."
- rrtyui

What are you waiting for? Grab your brand new osu! tablet now! http://new.ppy.sh/store/product/1

This post is not sponsored by osu! or its staff in any way. The quotes are also fake. But the tablet is real. lol buy whatever you want
KanoSet
osu tablet is a Huion 420 with osu logo on it btw
Ohrami
get a Wacom anything. I prefer the 470 but that model was discontinued so that's why it's so expensive. Maybe look on eBay for a cheaper one or something
FrzR
Make sure the tablet you buy has replacement pens available to purchase just in case.

getting the genius i405x for less was a mistake
TakuMii
...those two tablets are exactly the same thing, just to let you know. There's no difference between the Wacom Bamboo and the Wacom One aside from branding.
Honestly, any Wacom tablet (models starting with CTL or CTH) will serve you just the same. Just make sure to avoid CTT tablets, since those don't even have pens.
Yuudachi-kun
Are there any tablets where you can see your monitor's display on the tablet.
FrzR

Khelly wrote:

Are there any tablets where you can see your monitor's display on the tablet.
I think those are the Wacom Cintiqs, but they're expensive.
Yuudachi-kun
I wonder how much harder or easier aiming would be on one of those.
FrzR

Khelly wrote:

I think it may or may not be easy, since if you are playing, the hand would block some of the areas of the tablet so there are blind spots.
TakuMii

Khelly wrote:

It's more natural to control (less problems with visual latency since you can see exactly where you're aiming), but it's a bit of a pain to play with your hand covering a portion of the screen. It's not too different from using a non-screened tablet with a bigger area and a bit of practice though.
Topic Starter
ckln
Thanks for help :D
Ohrami

YayMii wrote:

...those two tablets are exactly the same thing, just to let you know. There's no difference between the Wacom Bamboo and the Wacom One aside from branding.
Honestly, any Wacom tablet (models starting with CTL or CTH) will serve you just the same. Just make sure to avoid CTT tablets, since those don't even have pens.
I don't agree. I prefer the CTH models' pens because the erasers make them more top heavy which makes aiming more comfortable for me and makes it a lot easier to actually be able to "feel" where my cursor is rather than feel like I'm floating on air. Personal preference, really. You could always buy a CTL and buy the CTH pen.
felys
My wacom bamboo CTH470 broke today, I was kinda sad about it but heh 2 years of good work are something.
What really made me sad was trying out my sister's tablet, the new 490 model that you can find on amazon for 60 dollars, and finding out that it lags too much for my snapping, If I snap like I usually do I just miss for the input lag.
Man I don't really know what to do.
KanoSet

felys wrote:

My wacom bamboo CTH470 broke today, I was kinda sad about it but heh 2 years of good work are something.
What really made me sad was trying out my sister's tablet, the new 490 model that you can find on amazon for 60 dollars, and finding out that it lags too much for my snapping, If I snap like I usually do I just miss for the input lag.
Man I don't really know what to do.
if you use an area close to the huion 420 or less then go for it
Yuudachi-kun
The huion420 has costed me about 2.7 cents per hour I've used it so far. Good tablet.
Saphirshroom

Khelly wrote:

The huion420 has costed me about 2.7 cents per hour I've used it so far. Good tablet.
I like to rate tablets by pp per hour
it's like 0.01 for me
Yuudachi-kun

Saphirshroom wrote:

Khelly wrote:

I like to rate tablets by pp per hour
it's like 0.01 for me
Mine is 4.63pp per hour.
cheaptricks
get the CTL-471, it's pretty much just like the CTL/CTH-470 and it's about $70-80
TakuMii

Ohrami wrote:

I don't agree. I prefer the CTH models' pens because the erasers make them more top heavy which makes aiming more comfortable for me and makes it a lot easier to actually be able to "feel" where my cursor is rather than feel like I'm floating on air. Personal preference, really. You could always buy a CTL and buy the CTH pen.
If you want a top-heavy pen, why not try out one of the other brands (like Huion)? I've tried all sorts of pens, and I can say that the eraser tip on Wacom's batteryless pens barely make much of a difference in comparison to the weight of a AAA battery. Not to mention that Wacom changes its pen designs every generation, so the difference that the eraser makes is negligible.

(and personally, I've switched over to a Genius M508XA, simply because I found it waaay more responsive than the Wacom tablets. Too bad the configuration software is godawful, otherwise I'd be recommending it to people all the time)
iderekmc
this one is the best for the price 40 euros in spain http://www.wacom.com/en-in/products/pen ... ne-wacom-s