forum

Team Match

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,061
show more
Minsoo
The problem with "clipping" things -- or in general making it so that if the formula hits a specific barrier it does something instead... is that then the formula doesn't work for all situations. Also again, if a team decides to all put on no fail and get 0s, ln(0) = -infinity

You can't have a "if there is a big gap, use this formula, else use this formula".

This puts processing power to waste and also just mathematically does not look good.

You're also scaling it a bit weirdly, instead why not scale things with accuracy as well? I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "diff" (difficulty? -> because difficulty * accuracy doesn't make much sense...)

Something that would make a bit more sense with your formula would be

teamA = starDifficulty * Math.log1p(Math.e + 100*acc) * Math.log1p(Math.e + avgA)

and then you scale their points based off of teamA / total, and whatnot.
abraker

Minsoo wrote:

The problem with "clipping" things -- or in general making it so that if the formula hits a specific barrier it does something instead... is that then the formula doesn't work for all situations. Also again, if a team decides to all put on no fail and get 0s, ln(0) = -infinity
The clipping is supposed to fix the -infinity by not allowing the ratio to be less than or equal to 0.01. I am not sure what you mean when yousay it doesn't work for all situations.

Minsoo wrote:

You can't have a "if there is a big gap, use this formula, else use this formula".
This puts processing power to waste and also just mathematically does not look good.
That was my solution to what the OP wanted. OP wanted both, so I made it to have both. While I like the big gap formula better, I think the unpredictability factor in the small gap formula is not bad either.

Minsoo wrote:

You're also scaling it a bit weirdly, instead why not scale things with accuracy as well? I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "diff" (difficulty? -> because difficulty * accuracy doesn't make much sense...) and then you scale their points based off of teamA / total, and whatnot.
I don't use accuracy because it is the score part that is supposed to be equivalent to the measurement of the cumulative performance up to a point in time on a map. Also score is already influenced by accuracy, albeit much less than combo.
Minsoo
Either way, log(ratio) of whatever wouldn't be very good to use as a scaling factor because it varies easily and dramatically. Especially when it behaves near log(1).
abraker

Minsoo wrote:

Either way, log(ratio) of whatever wouldn't be very good to use as a scaling factor because it varies easily and dramatically. Especially when it behaves near log(1).
It is because of how it behaves I am using it. The reciprocal of a value (the ratio) would result in the negative equivalent result. Using this, it is possible to reward the winning team N number of points and the loosing team -N number of points logarithmically.
Topic Starter
Arrcival

abraker wrote:

That was my solution to what the OP wanted. OP wanted both, so I made it to have both. While I like the big gap formula better, I think the unpredictability factor in the small gap formula is not bad either.
Yeah, both isn't a good idea?

abraker wrote:

Minsoo wrote:

You're also scaling it a bit weirdly, instead why not scale things with accuracy as well? I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "diff" (difficulty? -> because difficulty * accuracy doesn't make much sense...) and then you scale their points based off of teamA / total, and whatnot.
I don't use accuracy because it is the score part that is supposed to be equivalent to the measurement of the cumulative performance up to a point in time on a map. Also score is already influenced by accuracy, albeit much less than combo.
Score v2 can be an idea, but idk if it's good for the formulas ^^'
Illya X Ram Li
I'm agree :d
Topic Starter
Arrcival
Thanks you...
But if u guys have any idea or correction please say! :p
EnDy_S
Still waiting for this one :( Any news?
Frozen_Rhythm
Obviously everyone loves it.
This feature needs a lot of work.
We will wait for your kind response peppy!
Topic Starter
Arrcival

EnDy_S wrote:

Still waiting for this one :( Any news?
I'm waiting too :(
No news for the moment...

Frozen_Rhythm wrote:

Obviously everyone loves it.
This feature needs a lot of work.
We will wait for your kind response peppy!
I wait for peppy too, why not contacting me? x')
-n1Ka
I Agree.
Topic Starter
Arrcival

-n1Ka wrote:

I Agree.
Thanks !
Maybe for +1000 priority one of the dev will see it? D:
AUS-teisciitb
Awesome idea! Have a star!
Luqanted
im waiting
Topic Starter
Arrcival

Luqanted wrote:

im waiting
I'M WAITING TOO AAAAAAAAAAAH

AUS-teisciitb wrote:

Awesome idea! Have a star!
Thanks !
iloveyou4ever
would give a star if I have vote...Very awesome idea :)
Combistein
I imagined a complementary add on your idea, which would be a "team ranking": you can get rank for your team while beating others team, and your team could get some match points if she win. So the team ranking would not use pp= performance points, but would use mp= match points :D
Topic Starter
Arrcival

Combistein wrote:

I imagined a complementary add on your idea, which would be a "team ranking": you can get rank for your team while beating others team, and your team could get some match points if she win. So the team ranking would not use pp= performance points, but would use mp= match points :D
That's already it... The ranking for the teams is based from Team Points

iloveyou4ever wrote:

would give a star if I have vote...Very awesome idea :)
Ahah thanks you!

1000 PRIORITY ACHIEVED, WAOW!
abraker
Wow 1000 <3
Topic Starter
Arrcival

abraker wrote:

Wow 1000 <3
Yeah, and thanks you again for the help!