forum

[Archived] Pen-Grip Problem / Improvement-Block

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
herrkamink
So since a few weeks I have developed a big problem with my pen grip on my right hand for my tablet. Sometimes I'm able to do some maps with 99% accuracy (mostly without high combo through sliderbreaks) and it feels completely normal to play - but most of the time after 30 seconds of playing a map my grip starts to change and my fingers and pen and up in a completely different position than when I started the map. This issue is not only something that makes e v e r y jump a wonky thing after ~45seconds into a map but also something that's always in the back of my mind now. As soon as I feel my grip and aim changing I think about the issue and it makes me kind of mad everytime. Full-comboing maps on some days feels like hitting the jackpot since hard parts to the end of a map are coinflips even if I've been playing the map over and over again for the FC finish. I've tried out other grips but the most comfortable one for me still is the pencil-ish grip but to the end of a map my fingers have gone upward the pen and the grip is completely different. I'm using an old Wacom Bamboo Tablet on 1/4 of the area for fullscreen and 1440x900 resolution - as I've said before - sometimes everything runs perfectly fine - I play - I get my FC's - regular routine.

Now after playing 20minutes I get frustrated and even though I keep trying to push on it all ends just in tilt caused by chokes and near-end-fails. I want to get this issue resolved to go back to being able to just sit down and improve on my gameplay rather than figuring out why I can't hold a pen right after 13 years of school ;).

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
My usually used grip: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbNx4tsWAAADzfa.jpg
My grip after playing a map: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbNx54mWwAEt9rE.jpg
(I know I suck at taking pictures)
As you see my fingers have travelled up a bit and the overall grip used in #1 doesn't work anymore since I'm not gripping as close to the base of the pen anymore.

If anyone knows about or has experienced this issue - I would gladly appreciate any help !

osu! version: 20160217.7 (latest)
furikuri
I'd recommend maybe making sure your hands are dry before playing, it might sound odd but it could work.
Do The Flop
Kinda have the same problem.

it's just hard to find a good grip (comfortable one)

im used to change the way i hold the pen in the middle of the song (While playing) because it feel uncomfortable.
(and break or end-fail/miss because of that)

so yeah, to fix that "problem", i grip at the pen base (close to nib) but after 20 minutes i do a break because my thumb usually start to hurt a bit.
Topic Starter
herrkamink
I've experienced it multiple times now in cases where I try out a bunch of new maps or maybe higher * difficulty and it's going well (or not) but I for the heck of it can not pass them because my grip is completely different and just this mental note of "oh your grip isn't right" and clenching while trying to develop a completely new playstyle for a shitgrip that you want to lose as soon as the map ends :/
Pawsu
I think this would belong in G&R better. :oops:
Topic Starter
herrkamink

Pawsu wrote:

I think this would belong in G&R better. :oops:
Hmmm, though I think the Pen-grip is more of a technical thing than Gameplay since the >Gameplay< I am able to provide >with< a working grip is fine - the problem is the Pen-Grip and if other people have had issues similar to that and I haven't been able to find a good answer in previous threads/other forums :I