forum

Which Finger?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PiMaster123
SPOILER
Dunno where to post, I nub, pls dun judge :(
Hi guys! As of recent, my left hand, which i use to tap, has been hurting more and more as I have been progressing to 4-6 star maps. I did a little research and it honestly seems as if its possible for me to get carpal tunnel, as I mainly use my middle finger to play. However, I am not sure if this is the case and if I should switch from middle to index just so i dont get carpal, what should i do?
-Pi
Railey2
if it hurts, don't play.
Mahogany
Maybe don't do retarded stuff like playing 6 star maps at your rank and your hand won't hurt

Play using whatever fingers you like, as long as they're not hurting
Yoeri
Guys I feel a slight pressure in my left hand am I going to die
Topic Starter
PiMaster123

Mahogany wrote:

Maybe don't do retarded stuff like playing 6 star maps at your rank and your hand won't hurt

Play using whatever fingers you like, as long as they're not hurting
I didn't mean that i actually played 6* maps by saying 4-6, i meant that they ranged in that area meaning stuff like 5.3
Mahogany
You should say what you mean then instead of saying something you don't mean because there's no point to that.

Secondly 5.3* at your rank is still retarded. I play 5.3* and I'm rank 6k. You're 84k.
Railey2
playing 5.3* with rank 84k is fine.
balldoowell
no its not
lol
play whatever fucking star map you want
if your finger hurts put a plaster on it and stop being a bitch
A Medic
just take a break when it starts to hurt.

or ice your hand after you play.
puccithecat

PiMaster123 wrote:

SPOILER
Dunno where to post, I nub, pls dun judge :(
Hi guys! As of recent, my left hand, which i use to tap, has been hurting more and more as I have been progressing to 4-6 star maps. I did a little research and it honestly seems as if its possible for me to get carpal tunnel, as I mainly use my middle finger to play. However, I am not sure if this is the case and if I should switch from middle to index just so i dont get carpal, what should i do?
-Pi
cut off your fingers. anyways your fingers will grow back
IppE

Yoeri wrote:

Guys I feel a slight pressure in my left hand am I going to die
Testicular cancer.
6 weeks.
ColdTooth
Wuxo
Even if you get some shit, there is higher chance to get rsi then cps. You tapping hand should be fine.
But you have to pay attention to your mouse/tablet hand because you move it repeatability all the time, any kind of repeative tasks may lead to RSI.

If it hurts, stop.
Last year I have played osu for like 10hrs straight that day and I have ignored the pain. At the end of day I barely managed to get my hand of the mouse, my wirst hurted so much so I barely moved my hand. After day and a half later everything was normal again.
So, take breaks and do not push yourself too hard, know your limits.

Edit:fixed Autocorrect
Topic Starter
PiMaster123
I appreciate all the helpful comments, I limited my playing as much as possible and my hand doesn't hurt as much :) thank you guys :D
Topic Starter
PiMaster123

Wuxo wrote:

Last year I have played osu for like 10hrs straight that day and I have ignored the pain. At the end of day I barely managed to get my hand of the mouse, my wirst hurted so much so I barely moved my hand.
I will definitely take this into consideration, as for I need my right hand for writing :?

Edit: Added in "for writing" for reasons
Yuudachi-kun
I always wonder why the people who shouldn't be experiencing hurting fingers seem to do so.