forum

Seven Lions ft. Lights (MitiS Remix) - Falling Away

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hiyori
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at 2:27:18 AM

Artist: Seven Lions ft. Lights (MitiS Remix)
Title: Falling Away
BPM: 142
Filesize: 3103kb
Play Time: 03:07
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (2.51 stars, 301 notes)
Download: Seven Lions ft. Lights (MitiS Remix) - Falling Away
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Find me in the sweetest oblivion.
Battle
mmmmm

[Hard]
So basically, you said to take a look at the map, so I'll give some general tips to improve on~
00:27:547 (2,3) - So basically, you should use a higher ds so that way when you map 1/2, it doesn't overlap
00:28:604 (4) - Be conscious of where you are putting 1/1 sliders, in this case, you put a 1/1 slider over the downbeat, leaving it unemphasized, try to avoid this
00:32:829 - Make sure you know that although red ticks normally don't have strong beats, they occasionally do, as in this example, there is a strong beat here that should be pressed, maybe try making two single taps instead of a slider?
00:56:068 - You should try to have a consistent rhythm going, having some gaps occasionally is okay, but sometimes it just seems awkward, only put a gap if you're trying to emphasize something, or if the beat isn't worth mapping (if it's really soft)
01:05:153 (4,5,6) - You should try to save stacks for as a way to make things that are similar to each other, say a syllable of a vocal, to be together, not randomly
01:14:871 (6,7,8,9) - Flow here is kinda awkward, as you lead players in one direction then lead them another in a sharp manner, so try to fix this
01:19:308 (6) - Make sure you end sliders in a good place, although I disapprove of this slider in general since you don't have 01:19:308 (6) - clickable and it's a strong beat, you should still end it at least there
01:20:153 (7,8,9,10,11,12) - Having everything perfectly ds'd makes it so that certain beats that are slightly stronger than others go un-noticed, for example, 12 should at least have some larger spacing since it's a downbeat, emphasis on downbeats can always apply with this, but if you emphasize things, make sure they're a strong beat
01:48:885 - I would recommend you do a mixture of the vocals and the current beat you're mapping, so the note density increases so things won't feel nearly as awkward as they do now
Also you should typically put NCs on downbeats or make it so ncs make sense, the current NCs that you've been doing is quite inconsistent

I think I covered all of the re-occurring things, so GL!