forum

osu! Six Nations & osu! Randomiser Discussion

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bubbleman
Opening this up to discussion, I have two ideas for tournaments which I personally think are good however I'm participating in a good amount of tournaments already so will not find time to host these right now. This post will be in two parts: The first, osu! Six Nations and the second, osu! Randomiser.

SO

We've all heard of the rugby six nations, haven't we? No?...

Six teams, England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, France and Italy. They all play each other round robin style over 5 weeks and then the overall winner is crowned. Generic tournament otherwise. Brackets won't work for this as there are so little teams.

Obviously this comes with the problem of United Kingdom players needing to be separated into their respective countries but that issue can be dealt with when I come to it.

The idea I originally had, Randomiser, relies mainly on people's good spirit and friendliness.

Three rank groups, 1-1000, 1001-5000, 5001-10000. 16 or 32 entrants into each. These entrants are then divided into either 8 or 16 teams depending on how many entrants we get, two players from each rank range.

For each map played, however, one player from each rank range must be present in the match at all times. This means that there will be differences in the scores from each player, however a team can be carried by any one of these players outperforming the other in their rank range or even the rank range above.

I will be keeping names of entrants secret to prevent players signing up just because another player did, and then whining when they aren't randomised into a team with them.

Normal tournament otherwise. 2 bans, nomod freemod yadda yadda yadda

Thoughts? Yes, I know this is extremely vague in places but I just wanted the ideas down without any fluff such as schedules, map pool plans etc
Proteus
Yes this sounds really good man!
Intelli
They both sound like pretty good ideas, but Randomizer sounds much better because

SPOILER
france would literally, and i mean LITERALLY, win every single game because tbh they are miles and miles ahead of Italy and Ireland in raw skill, so the UK would be the only competition for them, but then you split that up into 3 teams and well you get the idea

Randomizer would be awesome though
Flower Shop
Randomiser seems interesting. Would like to see it happen, and possibly help out with it too :D
Topic Starter
Bubbleman

IntelliTroodon wrote:

SPOILER
france would literally, and i mean LITERALLY, win every single game because tbh they are miles and miles ahead of Italy and Ireland in raw skill, so the UK would be the only competition for them, but then you split that up into 3 teams and well you get the idea
I agree. But when do you ever see Italy and Ireland playing in tournaments? At least people can compete for 2nd, either that or france can enter a watered down team if they so choose.

dgap wrote:

Randomiser seems interesting. Would like to see it happen, and possibly help out with it too :D
:D Sure, come join the fun

No criticism so far, I must be doing something right
Spare
goodluck \o