forum

New way to build speed/stamina for both streaming and ST

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
eliolias
and yes it will help improve at all levels, but this can only be used in a physical sense for your hand, it does not help with reading Higher AR or anything like that. I also forgot to mention it's very easy to put on your keyboard and take off of your keyboard, and extremely easy to put your hand in and take your hand out
A1R
You're talking about a device you can attach to your hand to help with warm-ups? Which acts as a resistor for finger joints?
I don't see how this would improve speed/stamina or i'm clearly getting a wrong picture.
Topic Starter
eliolias
nono the point of it isnt to help with warmups, but it can cut your warmup time a lot more as it will warmup your muscles a lot faster
Topic Starter
eliolias
the device itself doesnt help with speed/stamina when you use it, it improves your speed/stamina when you dont have it on
Matutetute
could you make a video showcasing it or something?
Yuudachi-kun

eliolias wrote:

the device itself doesnt help with speed/stamina when you use it, it improves your speed/stamina when you dont have it on

It's working for me right now
Topic Starter
eliolias
http://puu.sh/nfsyn/651d81f346.jpg For now as you can see in the picture i makeshifted this with a bunch of crap and am using rubber bands, but in the future if i develop this more i would use a wire mechanism in which the user would be able to adjust the tension applied to your fingers
Clappy

eliolias wrote:

http://puu.sh/nfsyn/651d81f346.jpg For now as you can see in the picture i makeshifted this with a bunch of crap and am using rubber bands, but in the future if i develop this more i would use a wire mechanism in which the user would be able to adjust the tension applied to your fingers
Everybody point and laugh
Jellyfish McGub

Khelly wrote:

eliolias wrote:

It's working for me right now
i lol'd so hard
I Give Up
play more
Jellyfish McGub
does attaching a rubber band to your finger really work?

i might have to bust out my old k'nex in the garage
pandaBee
Try clicking circles longer and faster.
LoliPantsu
hi mr miyagi
LoliPantsu

eliolias wrote:

omg i used to have those when i was a kid i forgot what they were called
ZenithPhantasm
N0thingSpecial
cool cool but I think I'll stick to my dragon force
RaneFire

eliolias wrote:

Hey, if it works for you... great.

But as seen in the image that Zenny posted at the top of this page, it is the extensor muscles that matter more in my opinion. There are very few ways to train them, as opposed to the many ways to train finger grip strength. The real stream speed cap for me is the speed at which I can lift my fingers. I also know of 2 players in my country who opted for black switches (higher resistance, but aids with lifting) and became very fast (225bpm+), so that kind of reinforces what I was thinking. Your rubber band contraption achieves a similar thing. Not to derail into switch talk tho...
Yuudachi-kun

RaneFire wrote:

very fast (225bpm+),
AHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHARHAHAHAHAHA

Change that to 270 because 225 is on the low end of actual fast maps.
Omega_iG
ahaha, great
Topic Starter
eliolias
Go ahead and laugh I made it when bored but it works pretty damn good and I don't have to play annoying DragonForce and you can use it while playing the game instead of anything else that you others posted
Topic Starter
eliolias
I see improvements daily from using this
RaneFire

Khelly wrote:

RaneFire wrote:

very fast (225bpm+),
AHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHARHAHAHAHAHA

Change that to 270 because 225 is on the low end of actual fast maps.
My standards don't change just because there's tons of fast maps these days. Tell me that when you can get 99% accuracy at those speeds. But oh wait, DT doesn't care about acc... PP is all that matters... sorry, forgot.

i.e. to each his own. I'm talking about accurate streaming.
Yuudachi-kun
Well I guess you're going tindiscount my 98-99% 240+ fcs which is still leagues above your supposed 225 "very fast"

The fact rhat you call it very fast lets me know you have no perspective to speed. and DT DOES care about acc. high acc dt is worth so god damn much.

Maybe you shouldve changed very fast to "accurate at 225+"
RaneFire

Khelly wrote:

Well I guess you're going tindiscount my 98-99% 240+ fcs which is still leagues above your supposed 225 "very fast"

The fact rhat you call it very fast lets me know you have no perspective to speed
Already being an elitist hey. Good. It suits you.
Yuudachi-kun
So what I'm saying is somehow wwrong and you're too good to respond?
RaneFire

Khelly wrote:

So what I'm saying is somehow wwrong and you're too good to respond?
No. It just means you don't relate to how others improve at the game. A large proportion of the player base cannot stream as fast as you say you can. A lot of them struggle despite hard work. It's not that anyone is wrong. It's only that you are limiting your perspective to the people who play at your level. That's all I'm saying. I don't really want to argue anymore, it achieves nothing. If I offend you, I'm sorry.
Yuudachi-kun
I think the proportion of the playerbase that can or can't stream at X+ (Though I was talking about bpm in general I'll still call 270+ Streams very fast), dorsn't matter when talking about speed specifically. I'll call 220 fast for nomod maps most play (Below 5.5?), but if you limit the scope to "very fast" and specifically DT, there's no way in hell it should be referred to as fast.
Topic Starter
eliolias
I enjoy your feedback RaneFire, pretty much all my contraption does is make playing a lot harder so that when you take it off playing becomes a lot easier, all it focuses on is the muscles and actions that are exactly the same as when playing the game normally, it doesn't do anything but help with stamina and speed and it would have to be treated like a workout at the gym, you can't expect crazy results right away but you'll get results faster because it forces you to place more effort into playing
Topic Starter
eliolias
And pretty much the whole point of the contraption is that you can use it and play normally with it
I Give Up
Zenith has the right idea, it's pretty easy to get burst speed but you need extensor muscle strength for longer streams.

eliolias wrote:

in the future if i develop this more i would use a wire mechanism in which the user would be able to adjust the tension applied to your fingers
I think its already been done?

Topic Starter
eliolias
LOL have fun playing osu! that on your hand, i guess it has been done but what i made is smaller and easier to use
E m i
What is that? To stretch the springs, you have to flex your fingers, not extend. ;w;

Like with this.
Houtarou Oreki
Then basically it's the same thing as with "practicing" on black switches, then "playing" on red ones.
So I'm not the only one who thought of something like this \:D/
Sayorie
It's more expensive to buy two keyboards, you know, unless you can find some switches.
Topic Starter
eliolias
its also a lot more effort than black switches and you only need 1 keyboard
dung eater
putting weights on your fingers would probably be bette., will make lifting them harder, too..

gloves, coins, adhesive tape should be enough. cut small holes for fingertips for better feel, use adhesive tape to tighten the gloves just enough to be most comfy when tapping
E m i

jaaakb wrote:

putting weights on your fingers would probably be bette., will make lifting them harder, too..

gloves, coins, adhesive tape should be enough. cut small holes for fingertips for better feel, use adhesive tape to tighten the gloves just enough to be most comfy when tapping
osmium coins?
Yuudachi-kun
So many people trying to find special ways to get better besides just playing.
I Give Up

eliolias wrote:

LOL have fun playing osu! that on your hand, i guess it has been done but what i made is smaller and easier to use
I never use devices to "improve" my skill. That picture is an adjustable flexor muscle rehabilitation tool for people recovering from injury. They are lightweight cusion padded, spring or cable mechanism like what you mention. Just remove the other tension springs just leave tapping fingers and you will get a much more advanced tool than yours that comes with RSI guard.

Personally I prefer just tapping normally.
E m i
okay but where the fuck are my shorter keys? 4mm is too much and everyone in this game is forced to learn balancing around the actuation point to truly get fast.
show more