forum

osu!next Skin (Janko's Interpretation) [All Modes || SD/HD]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Janko

Philosofikal wrote:

This skin has a ton of really strange alignment and proximity issues.
Could you clarify?
autoteleology
I won't give you an exhaustive list, but I will point out some of the most obvious errors:

1. Skip is not center aligned to the screen - actually, it's impossible to do for more than a single resolution anyways because of the way the skip image alignment is coded (I found this out the hard way)
  2. Ranking image on song select overlaps text
  3. Ranking image on score screen is in a bizarre spot (but maybe you wanted it that way for some reason)
  4. character spacing in "character-n.png" is too large and overlaps with song progress pie
  5. Spins per minute looks weird being double lined
  6. Unranked icon causes collision in Taiko and is kinda weirdly positioned anyways
Mamat

Philosofikal wrote:

I won't give you an exhaustive list, but I will point out some of the most obvious errors:

1. Skip is not center aligned to the screen - actually, it's impossible to do for more than a single resolution anyways because of the way the skip image alignment is coded (I found this out the hard way)
  2. Ranking image on song select overlaps text
  3. Ranking image on score screen is in a bizarre spot (but maybe you wanted it that way for some reason) What do you mean?
  4. character spacing in "character-n.png" is too large and overlaps with song progress pie What do you mean?
  5. Spins per minute looks weird being double lined
  6. Unranked icon causes collision in Taiko and is kinda weirdly positioned anyways
autoteleology
Both red bars are the same length. Element is clearly not screen centered. If you're playing on anything but 1080p, it will get even more off centered. I would probably just not bother making a center aligned skip image.

The ranking image is huge for the allotted space. Anything over 50px IMO is too wide, and even that is pushing it.

Why is the ranking image so far over to the left, when nothing else has been moved? It looks odd.

Reduce the width of your "character-comma@2x" and "character-comma@2x" because it's making your accuracy percent text awkwardly close to the song progress pie chart.

Topic Starter
Janko
wefawefaefgthargrtyhaergartha

Philosofikal wrote:

Both red bars are the same length. Element is clearly not screen centered. If you're playing on anything but 1080p, it will get even more off centered. I would probably just not bother making a center aligned skip image.

This is my area for centering (red lines not green)

The ranking image is huge for the allotted space. Anything over 50px IMO is too wide, and even that is pushing it.

"Ranking image on song select overlaps text". Where? According to me it's ok

Why is the ranking image so far over to the left, when nothing else has been moved? It looks odd.

I didn't want to mods impose on rankings.

Reduce the width of your "character-comma@2x" and "character-comma@2x" because it's making your accuracy percent text awkwardly close to the song progress pie chart.

ok
Unranked icon causes collision in Taiko and is kinda weirdly positioned anyways ok
I update skin tomorrow. Thx for opinion
longnguyen2004
Very great skin :) Thanks
Can you make a 4:3 (and possibly 5:4) version?
Oh and give me the health bar .xcf file plz?
Cryptonize
10/10 m8 would use again <3
longnguyen2004
Since Janko doesn't really care about editing this skin for 4:3 and 5:4 resolutions, I think i'll do it for him.
For now, I've resized the skip image and health bar for 1280x1024. More resolutions will come soon.

Here's the link:
http://puu.sh/oOTqq/10e1ac1143.zip (1280x1024)
Topic Starter
Janko

longnguyen2004 wrote:

Since Janko doesn't really care about editing this skin for 4:3 and 5:4 resolutions, I think i'll do it for him.
For now, I've resized the skip image and health bar for 1280x1024. More resolutions will come soon.

Here's the link:
http://puu.sh/oOTqq/10e1ac1143.zip (1280x1024)
Poor effect but thanks for the effort. How do I find the time (I do not know when) I'll make a version for you
- Mikutaku -
exelent project!! i love you
Topic Starter
Janko

mikutaku wrote:

exelent project!! i love you
hahah thanks :D
Remyria
It REALLY looks awesome, I'd totally play with it except the mania that I find horrible :x

oh, and the CTB ryuuta is not the good one, you should update it (after checking in folder, I saw the new is in a sub folder, you should invert them, though) :D
Karamatsu
I was looking all over osu! for this skin. ;-;
I lost it about a week ago. I MUST REDOWNLOAD....
I love your skin btw.
Karamatsu
The background for the spinner doesn't fit all the way.
And im just stating my opinion. Honestly, for the osu!mania in this skin I think its too lightly coloured.
I think it needs to be a bit brighter...
Maybe neon? Thats just my opinion tho, either way, I love it. Its very well put together.
Suteffu
this skin is so goooood <3
youre a great skinner holy damn
Lambroz
Nice skin <3
Manivanh
Really nice skin!
sakuraya
Nice skin, but.
STANDARD
· Hitcircles are not simple, transparent and clean, and it's too blue.
· Spinners are the same, too filled in.
I don't like this type of skin in gameplay because I don't play good with this, i get distracted. This is why i always play with clean skins.
Make sure the skin have the simplicity and clean for good plays or something :3

MENU
Well done, I really like that, but i saw the back button has a different font than other options like mods, random, options & mode. I don't like that.
Maybe looks well if you use the same font that other buttons.

SS, S, A, B, C, D ICONS
It looks like better if you apply a simple letter.
Karamatsu
You know what avatar would go good with this skin?
Like in replacement of pippi?

Topic Starter
Janko

TheOperator wrote:

If it weren't that it has a lot of elements associated with the Windows so maybe...
makemecool123

TheOperator wrote:

Internet explorer is shit try microsoft edge
Sycranet

Janko wrote:

TheOperator wrote:

If it weren't that it has a lot of elements associated with the Windows so maybe...
How about that ? Just made it

7ambda

Sycranet wrote:

HREZ
deadbeat

Sycranet wrote:

a - this would look a lot better if so much of the osu! stuff didn't looked forced. though that's an issue coming from the original image so not much can be done there sadly
b - any chance of changing the colours of the 4 squares on her collar? something more based on the 4 world cup colours(i'm being picky ;w;)
LERUfic
this skin is nice....
but i dont like the spin... the center is to big...
the cursortrail and follow point have same color... this is a little bit distracting

could you uplaode your "scorebar-bg.png"-template? I want to change "Player" to My Username :)
OsuMe65
GG copyright
Sycranet

deadbeat wrote:

Sycranet wrote:

a - this would look a lot better if so much of the osu! stuff didn't looked forced. though that's an issue coming from the original image so not much can be done there sadly
b - any chance of changing the colours of the 4 squares on her collar? something more based on the 4 world cup colours(i'm being picky ;w;)
Yeah, i know it look overloaded, i think the osu "button" where out of the place, so i changed them too.
For the color i did my best, but it's so tiny the diff is bearly remarquable, even after i took i bigger res than the op.

Topic Starter
Janko

OsuMe65 wrote:

GG copyright
?

LERUfic wrote:

this skin is nice....
but i dont like the spin... the center is to big...
the cursortrail and follow point have same color... this is a little bit distracting

could you uplaode your "scorebar-bg.png"-template? I want to change "Player" to My Username :)
I have something like this http://puu.sh/pI3Qf.xcf
With the rest yourself unless you can do it

Sycranet wrote:

Whoa. I like it. I can add this if this image is in a oryginal resolution (if no send me pm)
Sycranet

Janko wrote:

Sycranet wrote:

Whoa. I like it. I can add this if this image is in a oryginal resolution (if no send me pm)
Yes It's the original resolution
makemecool123
[/quote]

If it weren't that it has a lot of elements associated with the Windows so maybe...[/quote]

How about that ? Just made it

[/quote]
Much better :)
Corneliusw1
How can I remove the small mini triangles that come out after I hit a note?
Linku
Neitel
Cuuuuuuteeeew :3
-ExSayaKun-
wow, it's a like a GG skin
Karamatsu
the only thing I've seemed to notice with this skin is that the "a's and s's and b's and so on" are too close to the ranking panel. Other than that there's nothing else wrong I've noticed with the skin.
NaufalSenpai_old
whoa
Bumek
is there any way you can disable the "300" ? its annoying af in high speed maps
missyou1235435

Pyrozen wrote:

Woah this is really amazing
Furdek
i like it but the skin isn't update :(
Saffron2424
The future of osu.....

IS NOW!