forum

Iori Nomizu - Black + White (TV EDIT)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Annadine

Gratz hakupoi (≧Д≦)//
Shiirn
hey uh not to ruin your party but the number of neatness and aesthetic issues in the map make it look extremely haphazardly thrown together and lazy. Joker has dozens of patterns that are uneven and the mapper himself clearly states that he's just too lazy to make it neater rather than for it to provide some half-assed "style". It seriously wouldn't take much time to go through the map and actually sweep up the debris and after that is done this map would be, if fairly bog-standard and lacklustre, rankable. As it is right now I'm confused as to how anyone thinks it's okay for a map to be left in a state where it is intentionally left ugly for reasons purely related to laziness.

Joker, at least, has many completely screwed up blankets (yes ha ha shiirn talking about blankets shut up) that were clearly intended to be blankets, many patterns that were thrown together and then left to sit rather than making them neat (the many, many star patterns, with maybe 1-2 of them being actual perfect stars, which means that the mapper cleaned up one, or made one on purpose, but didn't bother doing it for the rest)

00:11:131 - this is timed wrong, the note is very clearly early. If you want something that is directly unrankable, and the above is not enough. Hell, the entire first section feels early.

I'd be happy to help you clean up the map if you're willing to swallow the sour pill of polishing, despite how mean I may sound.
Topic Starter
lit120

Shiirn wrote:

hey uh not to ruin your party but the number of neatness and aesthetic issues in the map make it look extremely haphazardly thrown together and lazy. Joker has dozens of patterns that are uneven and the mapper himself clearly states that he's just too lazy to make it neater rather than for it to provide some half-assed "style". It seriously wouldn't take much time to go through the map and actually sweep up the debris and after that is done this map would be, if fairly bog-standard and lacklustre, rankable. As it is right now I'm confused as to how anyone thinks it's okay for a map to be left in a state where it is intentionally left ugly for reasons purely related to laziness.

Joker, at least, has many completely screwed up blankets (yes ha ha shiirn talking about blankets shut up) that were clearly intended to be blankets, many patterns that were thrown together and then left to sit rather than making them neat (the many, many star patterns, with maybe 1-2 of them being actual perfect stars, which means that the mapper cleaned up one, or made one on purpose, but didn't bother doing it for the rest)

00:11:131 - this is timed wrong, the note is very clearly early. If you want something that is directly unrankable, and the above is not enough. Hell, the entire first section feels early.

I'd be happy to help you clean up the map if you're willing to swallow the sour pill of polishing, despite how mean I may sound. ohhh no you don't >:C
waaaaa. i gotta need a timing check on that silly intro part if this gets DQ about it

also, well i just feel like too lazy to create sth "aesthetically" for an unknown reason, but it looks good and playable enough, that's all
Shiirn
good and playable is a fine target, but it's rude and unethical to try and get lazy stuff ranked.
Topic Starter
lit120

Shiirn wrote:

good and playable is a fine target, but it's rude and unethical to try and get lazy stuff ranked.
everyone is imo

welp, guess that i don't want to create a drama here, so i'll take that words as an advice if i have sth to map with neat stuff
-Tochi
imo, it's just a preference when it comes to these kinda things; (star patterns and blankets etc.) I may agree on the note timed wrong lol, but the other things are actually fine and good enough for rank, as far as i've seen for other maps too this year (probably worse than this lol)...
His mapping style might just be like this, and there's not much to do about it than making him fix it to your preference, but i guess he decides himself if he wants to change those fixes to quickly get over complaints from you D:

No drama pls xd I needed to say my opinion before a declaration was done~
Haruto
Shiirn was right tbh
Congrats lit and others ;)
Anxient
congratz!
i thought a few maps for this song was dmca'd?
Shiirn
DMCAs are filed against osu! proper for distribution of copyright media. Upon recieving a DMCA (also informally called a "cease and desist" or C&D), osu! (and by that you might as well mean peppy) remove the ability to distribute the copyright media. Since this game is a platform, things such as the rankability and scoreboards are left completely alone as they are not part of the copyright. Maps simply are no longer able to be downloaded from the main servers as they have been taken down.

This doesn't stop new maps for said songs from being ranked as it is simply another entire point of origin for the copyright media. osu! is, in a sense, a file-sharing platform as well as a game platform and peppy legally has no control over what we upload. Reversely, it is also down to him to take adequate action against users for uploading copyright media, and his legal liability ends there.

tl;dr dmcas only stop downloads of the maps after a company or person submits a copyright claim. It doesn't have to be ranked to do so. They don't stop new ones from being uploaded or ranked.
Karen
I've mentioned your lazy patterns in a mod long time ago but seems you don't want to improve. It is rankable, but not enjoyable ^^
also every song is rankable (except songs with inappropriate lyrics) so copyright thing isn't an issue.
Topic Starter
lit120

Karen wrote:

I've mentioned your lazy patterns in a mod long time ago but seems you don't want to improve. It is rankable, but not enjoyable ^^
Welp, i'm just being lazy for making it neat =w=. I'll see if i can make it different than this one
hehe

xd
Karen
Topic Starter
lit120

handsome wrote:

xd
wtf?
Dilectus
You always say the last name first in Japanese names ;_;
Okoratu
Tag "and" i'm begging you
IamKwaN
why don't you listen to me ? ;_;

pm

IamKwaN wrote:

It should be Iori Nomizu as she has her name romanised as the name, surname format in all the official sources which I could find:

CD Cover:

Her Blog:

CD Cover of her album - Hat Trick:

PS: The Correct title should be Black † White(TV EDIT) and Romanised one Black + White (TV EDIT) as shown here. Also, Change the Source to 問題児たちが異世界から来るそうですよ?.

Please do grab timing checks from others and some mods polishing your difficulty.
Good luck.
Topic Starter
lit120
I thought that Nomizu Iori is ok, but whatever

I'll go for a mod hunt later

also, here's my self mod changes + KwaN's metadata check

All Diffs
  1. Changed the artist name

Joker (not in order)
  1. 00:42:709 (1,4) - stacked to 00:44:271 (3) - tail
  2. 00:47:709 (1) - fixed this blanket
  3. 00:53:646 (1) - changed the slider look
  4. 00:54:115 (2,3,4) - changed the note placement
  5. 01:12:552 (1,3) - fixed the blankets
  6. 01:19:584 (3) - stacked to 01:20:209 (1) - tail
  7. 01:19:427 (2) - moved
  8. 00:54:584 (5,6) - moved
  9. 00:16:146 (2) - moved a little for a blanket
  10. 00:31:146 (3) - curved a little for blanketing 00:32:240 (2) -
  11. 00:32:396 (3) - stacked with those triplets

Okorin wrote:

Tag "and" i'm begging you dude, seriously?
not updated yet!
Kibbleru
actually adding "and" to tag is a good idea, when i search for this somg, i tend to search "black and white" not "black + white"
so yea. pls do so :S
Doormat

Kibbleru wrote:

actually adding "and" to tag is a good idea, when i search for this somg, i tend to search "black and white" not "black + white"
so yea. pls do so :S
I agree!
MAH BASS CANNON
No more video? What happened? :/
Kyouren
I told you, baka!
Topic Starter
lit120
let me fix that video problem later since i changed the artist name yesterday :/
Dilectus
Topic Starter
lit120

lit120 wrote:

I thought that Nomizu Iori is ok, but whatever

I'll go for a mod hunt later

also, here's my self mod changes + KwaN's metadata check

All Diffs
  1. Changed the artist name
  2. Changed timing from Rumia-
  3. Added and to tags, since i now get it why

Joker (not in order)
  1. 00:42:709 (1,4) - stacked to 00:44:271 (3) - tail
  2. 00:47:709 (1) - fixed this blanket
  3. 00:53:646 (1) - changed the slider look
  4. 00:54:115 (2,3,4) - changed the note placement
  5. 01:12:552 (1,3) - fixed the blankets
  6. 01:19:584 (3) - stacked to 01:20:209 (1) - tail
  7. 01:19:427 (2) - moved
  8. 00:54:584 (5,6) - moved
  9. 00:16:146 (2) - moved a little for a blanket
  10. 00:31:146 (3) - curved a little for blanketing 00:32:240 (2) -
  11. 00:32:396 (3) - stacked with those triplets

Okorin wrote:

Tag "and" i'm begging you dude, seriously?
updated!!!
Doormat
i had an outdated beatmap on my computer with working video code and sent that to lit. video should be working now!
Topic Starter
lit120

Doormat wrote:

i had an olddated beatmap on my computer with the video code and sent that to lit. video should be working now!
thx man!

also, updated for all diffs cuz of video offset fix
Rumia-
np gl on re
Rizia
rebubbled
Bara-
Did it work?
I got a Pippi error when ranking this, and seeing this is still in Pending as of my post, and the qualification message saying "error"
Let's hope it is
-Tochi
It works
Battle
ayy lmao
Exote
yay ranked, awesome flow
Annadine
ayy finally ranked. Gratz hakupoi o/
Dilectus

Niice ^^
Bara-
Woow nice
Ozato Fumika
omg !!!! nice job with the 3/4 sliders!!! very consistent!!!
!!
!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!

sarcasm if you haven't noticed