forum

Suggestions for screen recorder (Mac)?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Karamatsu
Anyone know a good quality computer recorder?

Except

-BANDICAM ~can't afford~
~And that shitty quicktime player

Anyone know any good/free/mac/screenrecorders?

-If u do plz let me knowz. ^~^
Lunniet
Er...

Idk any free recorder, i normally use Action! or Bandicam, they can record at 1080p60, i prefer the Bandicam because i don't lose any FPS. However the Action being the most used I think.
Topic Starter
Karamatsu
plz don't tell me you'd have to pay once a month inorder to keep it.
do u?
Lunniet
That's R$120,00 (US$30,00), never i can pay this. Er... I have my methods ;-;

;-;
;-;

@EDIT: I searched and tested several but I didn't find any that actually works well ;-;
Piine
OBS?
Meah
If you're on windows 10 you can just use DVR.
Endie-
obs
Mahogany
OBS is great
roufou
OBS is probably better than a lot of screen recorders that cost money.

Bandicam has an acceptable free version but there isn't really any point in using it cause OBS exists, the biggest plus about Bandicam is that it gives you a ugly watermark in the video (assuming you're using free version) and you don't have to do anything, in fact you can't remove it on free version.

Also I believe you can't record for longer than ten minutes in one session with Bandicam free version, OBS has no limit that I know of. Also Bandicam is good if you're a weeb cause a lot of japanese videos have the Bandicam watermark, idk why.
Topic Starter
Karamatsu
I can't use obs.
or twitch.

My mac does not let me.
deletemyaccount
Get a PC.

this is the real solution
Endie-
throw the mac out the window and buy a pc
roufou
if you really want to record something on your mac I guess you could use QuickTime Player (most macs have it by default I think)

I have no idea if it is good or not but it should be acceptable, I actually don't know where your recordings go but I believe you have the option to upload them to youtube at least.

If you don't have QuickTime Player already I guess you could check if it is free, if the program isn't good enough for you or it isn't free...Well then you might have a problem.

Edit: obs isn't really linked with twitch, it allows you to save recordings directly on your computer or stream through streaming services, twitch being one of them.
Edit2: obs has a version that should work for Mac, called OBS Studio.
Vuelo Eluko
Fraps
worth it if you can handle the raw footage files, in terms of hdd space, re-encoding, and the actual recording. i wouldn't suggest it if you're on anything older than a core 2 duo e6750-e6850, it will literally lag during the recording and encoding will take ages if you're on a Pentium D or something..
Stefan
Bandicam worked better for me in osu!. Else, use OBS. It leaves you a lot of possibilities and options.
Lunniet
Just one thing: "MAC" + "FREE" + "RECORDER" cannot be together in the same sentence, I'm not saying it doesn't exist, just that it's hard to find.
roufou

agu wrote:

QuickTime Player
hard to find something that is already on most macs.

also again OBS has a multi-platform version called OBS Studio and it probably doesn't suck