1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Skinning
posted

Welcome to Simply Purple.

This is a skin I've been making over the course of 5 months or so, from scratch! (No, I didn't make the default skin elements that I left in on purpose... For example, ranking letters, sectionpass, sectionfail, ready 1/2/3/go) The aim of this skin is minimal elements, crisp gameplay, and extreme readability... And of course Purple. (bonus points if anyone gets this reference!)
CtB, Taiko, and Mania modes to be skinned in the future, no promises on when though.

Sound Design

Now, I didn't actually MAKE any of the hitsounds... BUT! I have spent around 3 months mixing and matching together different sounds until I found perfect amount of punchyness and audibility. Mixed with accuracy in mind! Also, I have taken all of the really obnoxious menu sounds and replaced them with silence. If you don't like this, you're always free to add your own menu sounds...

Customizability

I have made this skin and all of its elements with as many people in mind! A bunch of additional customization, and it's all modular (meaning you can copy/paste the contents of the folder(s) into the skins' folder and everything should work. No extra file creating or deleting necessary.

Skin Elements

Dots
(hitcircles also come with different opacity levels!)

Numbers
(I've also included Numbers for the people who hate dots.)

With Followpoints

Without Followpoints

With A Followcircle

Without A Followcircle

Black Keys with Purple Background (Only shows on Keypress)

Purple Border Keys with Black Background

STD Screenshots

Gameplay

Pause and Fail screens, respectively.

Song Select

Spinner

Mod Icons

Ranking Screen

Download Section!

Febuary 17th, 2016

Mega
posted
Very clean skin, nice to use if you don't like the clutter of very artistic skins.

The amount of effort Nosaaki puts into his skins really shows, and I expect many great skins to come of him in the future.
posted
Open Skin.ini and [Colours] - make a new Line with InputOverlayText: 255,255,255

Keytext is white and not black.
posted

Fatal3ty wrote:

Open Skin.ini and [Colours] - make a new Line with InputOverlayText: 255,255,255

Keytext is white and not black.
Yeah, I made the text black on purpose. It's part of the design. But you can change it yourself if you please!
posted
yeet
posted
ok here we go

- why default grades and ranking title?
- y u no lazer mode icons
- default ranking-perfect
- default scorev2 mod icon
- default comboburst
- blanked out all menu sounds, huh? why you didn't blank pause loop?
- why are you using slider slide sounds REEEEEEEEEEEEE
- I have a weird feeling that hc outer border is thinner than slider border
- default section pass/fail
- why mania mod icons squares?
posted

h3oCharles wrote:

ok here we go

- why default grades and ranking title?
- y u no lazer mode icons
- default ranking-perfect
- default scorev2 mod icon
- default comboburst
- blanked out all menu sounds, huh? why you didn't blank pause loop?
- why are you using slider slide sounds REEEEEEEEEEEEE
- I have a weird feeling that hc outer border is thinner than slider border
- default section pass/fail
- why mania mod icons squares?
I haven’t touched the skin in a long time, but eventually I will flesh it out more when I have access to a laptop; my current job situation doesn’t favor using electronics.

- default grades & ranking: I felt the default fit well enough for the aesthetic I was going for... +lazy lol.
- I’m not sure what lazer mode is..?
- default ranking-perfect: same reason of aesthetics being good enough and lazy.
- default scorev2: I made the skin before scorev2 was a thing, and I haven’t updated the skin in a while.
- default comboburst: I never use the comboburst so I never bothered to skin it, but for completeness, I really should find a solution for people that do use them..:)
- blank menu, no pauseloop: I couldn’t figure out for the life of me, how to get rid of that pauseloop sound! Believe me when I say I tried to :/.
- sliderslide: I used the sliderslide sound from cookiezi’s 2013 skin and that was more of a personal choice than a thematic one. Feel free to delete it if you’d like.
- default section pass/fail: used these because I used the default rankings; more cohesive.
- mania mod icon squares: more thematic (I thought), seeing as osu!mania notes are shaped like rectangles/squares.

This skin is pretty incomplete, I know, eventually I will fix these issues. I hope that these small problems didn’t take away from the playability of the skin, though. ^ ^’
posted
posted
Good skin but is it possible to get it in blue or red?