forum

[Archived] Osu! Installer issue

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LoopyDemon_old
Hello, everyone. Im new here. I just registered and downloaded the game but, guess what? at the installing attemp i got a little error over here. It says " there is a problem with this windows installer pakage. A program (that) runs as a part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contac your support personel or package Vendor.

i got some images as proofs:
SPOILER
The Issue

Guy-kun

soradg123 wrote:

To manually install osu!:
  • 1. Create a new folder.
    2. Download osume.exe and put it in the folder.
    3. Run it (as an administrator).
Topic Starter
LoopyDemon_old

Guy-kun wrote:

soradg123 wrote:

To manually install osu!:
  • 1. Create a new folder.
    2. Download osume.exe and put it in the folder.
    3. Run it (as an administrator).
Yeah, i did that before you post it here. Thought it could work but..

Also, it's on spanish cuz'...thats obious
Fabi
Topic Starter
LoopyDemon_old
i have .NET Framework 4 . Do i need to install an older version or restart the whole computer (all those fucking documents can get ownd and stuff and stuff)

What do i do first?
Torran
Downloads:
Carefully read and follow the instructions for each.
Windows Installer 4.5
.NET Compact Framework 2.0

After installing both, restart your computer and then attempt to install osu! again. If the install fails, attempt to run osu! manually again.
Post any and all errors you encounter during this process.
Topic Starter
LoopyDemon_old
i got the same errors. And also, when i try to download windows installer 4.5, no one of the vista versions works, because, simply, i don't have windows vista, i have windows 7 ultimate
Guy-kun
If you can't install windows installer, you're pretty much at a dead end. Your OS must be pretty messed up

Is this new/old and is it a dodgy pirated copy? (I won't tell anyone)
Topic Starter
LoopyDemon_old
no monney + country coin isn't Dollars + mom does not have credit cards + underage = a Windows 7 copy from SEVEN SEAS!

(PD: i also got a pirated windows xp and i played it before)
(PDD: Do not tell this to bill gates )
Guy-kun
>Implying that non-legit windows is a bad thing
I'm only bothered if its a really crap copy, which it seems to be.

It worked on XP before because that would've been a different version.

I'll try not to tell Bill, but you know what us mates are like...

It looks like your windows is just messed up, is it clean enough for you to consider a re-installation? You'll want to buy a new copy of it (not the same one you currently have)
Some components in windows must be messed up
(Unless someone knows what the issue is and will solve it for you)
Topic Starter
LoopyDemon_old
uhh, no. I'll try to tell my brother if i can re-install the pc (thing that i don't think he will let me)
if he let me well good for me :D
if he do not let me (most probably thing) i'm not gunna play osu for the rest of my life.

i don't know how such games can work in this machine and this one doesn't .__. . Thanks
Fabi
Run the osu! installer with administrator priviliges. Right click > Run as Administrator.
Topic Starter
LoopyDemon_old

Ever17 wrote:

Run the osu! installer with administrator priviliges. Right click > Run as Administrator.
i always do that :3
Fabi
I suggest to re-install again Netframework. And try disabling UAC. Also check before if you had netframework turned off (turn it on).

First uninstall your installed netframework and after that, install this one.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... etfx35.exe
Guy-kun
Shut up, you aren't helping.
Have you even TRIED reading this thread?

Loopydemon: If that doesn't work we can try googling for your issues...
And windows versions are different, very different, especially when they've been tampered with, could just be a single file that's corrupt, who knows.
Topic Starter
LoopyDemon_old
hm..thats true. Im going to update my anti-virus version. Then make a BIG SCAN all the day. Maybe defrag de disk and see whats up. im going to tell you the results
Guy-kun
Virus: doubtful, but sure, do it
Defrag: don't waste the time
Fabi
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22872&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20369

I suggest again to re-install netframework 3.5 as I said. But first uninstall the game as clean as possible.
Torran

Ever17 wrote:

I suggest again to re-install netframework 3.5 as I said. But first uninstall the game as clean as possible.
@LoopyDemon: Can you give us a screenshot of your installed frameworks so we know what's installed?

Example:

[Aside] At this point, I can only recommend a reinstall of Windows 7 or downgrade to Windows XP.
Topic Starter
LoopyDemon_old
yes i can:

SPOILER
just see the green squares or look around .__.

Fabi
Install netframework 3.5 and check if works. You dont have netframework 3.5 installed.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... etfx35.exe
Guy-kun
osu! doesn't target .net 3.5
It uses 2.0
Topic Starter
LoopyDemon_old
it doesn't matters, indeed, that .NET 3.5 it's just a executable .rar cuz' it doesn't even have an instalation.

anywaysit just still the same thing and my brother do not let me re-format the pc so... :cry:
Fabi
????? executable rar? Not even have a installation? OKEY.