forum

Akira Yamaoka feat. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn - Your Rain(RAGE

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zelos
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, December 20, 2010 at 11:54:52 AM

Artist: Akira Yamaoka feat. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn
Title: Your Rain(RAGE MIX)
Source: Dance Dance Revolution
Tags: Extreme Darcsol
BPM: 94
Filesize: 2165kb
Play Time: 01:22
Difficulties Available:
  1. animask's Rainy Don (4.96 stars, 301 notes)
  2. Darcsol's Rain (3.97 stars, 115 notes)
  3. Drizzle (1.79 stars, 75 notes)
  4. Hail (4.84 stars, 196 notes)
Download: Akira Yamaoka feat. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn - Your Rain(RAGE MIX)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Darcsol guest diff update.

more mods and stuff please.
Sleep Powder
[Drizzle]

mah-nizzle

01:01:929 (1,2) - Make sliders look nicer
01:22:355 (1) - Maybe silence the spinner at the end...

Decrease OD and HP Drain by 1?

[Darcsol's Rain]

00:59:057 (1) - Remove New Combo
01:00:334 (7) - Stack on previous slider
01:11:504 (1) - I don't think using Kiai time like that is allowed...
01:22:036 (1) - Maybe silence the spinner at the end...

[Hail]

01:01:610 (1) - x2 BPM....hmmm idk...
01:21:078 (7) - Make the slider look nicer
01:22:036 (1) - Maybe silence the spinner at the end...

Overall, I think that the sliders could use a little more work (Zelos). The beatmap seemed simple and nice to play. Though I disagree with the x2 BPM.

Starr'd
Darcsol

animask wrote:

[Darcsol's Rain]

00:59:057 (1) - Remove New Combo It's fine.
01:00:334 (7) - Stack on previous slider Fixed.
01:11:504 (1) - I don't think using Kiai time like that is allowed... Really? How so?
01:22:036 (1) - Maybe silence the spinner at the end... Actually I have overhauled the Hitsound volume.
Download: Akira Yamaoka feat. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn - Your Rain(RAGE MIX) (Zelos) [Darcsol's Rain].osu
Sleep Powder
vytalibus
Offset +15 ms, please.

I personally don't like Darcsol's difficulty. Those endless streams of sliders and notes feel more like I'm just continuing something instead of playing to the song. That's more of a personal tick than a grave error, though...
Topic Starter
Zelos

vytalibus wrote:

Offset +15 ms, please.

I personally don't like Darcsol's difficulty. Those endless streams of sliders and notes feel more like I'm just continuing something instead of playing to the song. That's more of a personal tick than a grave error, though...
well thank you for the timing though.
[ A r i e s ]
Star~~
ouranhshc
Folder
  • Delete the hitcircleoverlay(1).png, etc
Overall
Snap green timing sections, especially kiai

Rain - your combos seem a little on the long side
01:16:944 (2) - spacing

Drizzle
Lower AR
01:03:221 (2) - maybe make this slider less sharp
narakucrimson
Hi Zelos! Let's get onto the mod:

[General]

Nice timing! Though, the offset could be at where the first circle is.

I feel like there are too many claps, and few other hitsounds. I mean, you can do it better! Some soft whistles may fit very well at the begging part of the song.

[Drizzle]

23:008 (4) - I don't like how these 3 whistles (this one and the ones at 25:561 and 28:115) sound, I feel like they are kinda.. isolated. Maybe they would sound better if they were on soft instead of normal, although that would make that section of the song lack some "power".
1:01:944 (T) - Start the kiai here.
1:22:370 (SP) - Why silencing this? I'd like to hear something at least xD Not necesarilly a hitsound, but at least something.

[Darcsol's Rain]

The kiai is divided into two sections here. Why don't you (guys) use the same kiai for every difficulty? Personally, I like this one better :)

[Hail]

animask wrote:

Though I disagree with the x2 BPM.
I must agree with animask. I don't like that x2 section.

1:01:625 (T) - Start the kiai here. It's a little wrong, it starts slightly before 1.

So, here's my star. Keep up the work on this!
Topic Starter
Zelos

narakucrimson wrote:

Hi Zelos! Let's get onto the mod:

[General]

Nice timing! Though, the offset could be at where the first circle is.

I feel like there are too many claps, and few other hitsounds. I mean, you can do it better! Some soft whistles may fit very well at the begging part of the song.
my claps are fine

[Drizzle]

23:008 (4) - I don't like how these 3 whistles (this one and the ones at 25:561 and 28:115) sound, I feel like they are kinda.. isolated. Maybe they would sound better if they were on soft instead of normal, although that would make that section of the song lack some "power".i like how they sound
1:01:944 (T) - Start the kiai here.added
1:22:370 (SP) - Why silencing this? I'd like to hear something at least xD Not necesarilly a hitsound, but at least something.because silent sounds cooler

[Darcsol's Rain]

The kiai is divided into two sections here. Why don't you (guys) use the same kiai for every difficulty? Personally, I like this one better :)
i like his mapping style, not his kiai style.

[Hail]

animask wrote:

Though I disagree with the x2 BPM.
I must agree with animask. I don't like that x2 section.
DONT BE HATIN ON MY 2X SECTION :3
1:01:625 (T) - Start the kiai here. It's a little wrong, it starts slightly before 1.added

So, here's my star. Keep up the work on this!
thanks for the mod.
Topic Starter
Zelos

ouranhshc wrote:

Folder
  • Delete the hitcircleoverlay(1).png, etc
Overall
Snap green timing sections, especially kiai

Rain - your combos seem a little on the long side
01:16:944 (2) - spacing

Drizzle
Lower AR
01:03:221 (2) - maybe make this slider less sharp
why thank you ouran
Darcsol

ouranhshc wrote:

Rain - your combos seem a little on the long side It does, But it's fine.
01:16:944 (2) - spacing Fixed.
Download: Akira Yamaoka feat. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn - Your Rain(RAGE MIX) (Zelos) [Darcsol's Rain].osu
Mismagius
General
Sliders are glitched

Drizzle
Huh, the map's fine, but I didn't find it really fun to play. It's just my opinion though.

Darcsol's Rain
00:55:242 (3) - New combo
00:59:072 (1) - Remove new combo if you're doing ^

Loved this diff :D

Hail
00:12:476 (5,6) - Just to make the flow better, I'll be a little nazi: Don't overlap them :/
00:18:540 (1,2) - I can't see where (2) ends when playing :/
00:51:412 (1) - The spinner's 300 overlaps this note

Nice map.
nadihko-chan
Hehe Star~ :)
Rain Ftw
NaomiMinette
More DDR Extreme memories :P

[General]
I thought you needed a hitcircleoverlay (even if it's the default one) since you're using a custom hitcirle?

[Drizzle]
Fine~

[Darcsol's Rain]
Also fine~

[Hail]
The 2x sliders don't really seem to fit the song to be honest...

[animask's Rainy Don]
Renap all notes!

No kudosu for this post. ★~
Glass
[Overall]
The Kiai section should start on 01:01:944 since it's the beginning of the measure.
The metronome sounds wrong with the current offset, use -1,885ms.
Maybe add another inherited section on 00:51:253 to lower the volume since it seems to be a softer part than the rest of the song o.o

[Drizzle]
Is this supposed to be the easiest difficulty? I suggest using a larger circle size and lower Drain/Approach rate.

[Dracsol's Rain]
Seems fine.

[Hail]
00:15:987 (1,2) - Stack these sliders' ends, or separate the sliders in a way where the second slider's end won't be overlapped under the first slider.
00:18:540 (1,2) - ^
01:00:987 - 01:01:466 - You could use a stream here.

I don't play Taiko so I didn't mod animask's diff x:

That's all~ Have a star ;)
Topic Starter
Zelos

Glass wrote:

[Overall]
The Kiai section should start on 01:01:944 since it's the beginning of the measure.
The metronome sounds wrong with the current offset, use -1,885ms.
Maybe add another inherited section on 00:51:253 to lower the volume since it seems to be a softer part than the rest of the song o.o

[Drizzle]
Is this supposed to be the easiest difficulty? I suggest using a larger circle size and lower Drain/Approach rate.

[Dracsol's Rain]
Seems fine.

[Hail]
00:15:987 (1,2) - Stack these sliders' ends, or separate the sliders in a way where the second slider's end won't be overlapped under the first slider.
00:18:540 (1,2) - ^
01:00:987 - 01:01:466 - You could use a stream here.

I don't play Taiko so I didn't mod animask's diff x:

That's all~ Have a star ;)
thanks Glass.
Darcsol

Blue Dragon wrote:

Darcsol's Rain
00:55:242 (3) - New combo Fixed.
00:59:072 (1) - Remove new combo if you're doing ^ No I'm not.

Loved this diff :D
KRZY
Modding cuz we're bros XD

[General]
Darscol's idea of using two kiai times instead of one seems better, why not adopt it to [Drizzle] and [Hail]? XD

[Drizzle]
Consider increasing circle size by 1? Looks a tad bit too small for an easy diff. Otherwise fine~ Nice use of hitsounds :D

[Darscol's Rain]
Some of the sliders don't really make sense to me. Generally, I think you'd do far better to avoid putting snare drums on sliderticks. Otherwise, fine.

[Hail]
00:51:412 ~ 01:01:306 - Consider reducing the volume of the hitsounds in this section? Try, and you'll see why ;)
Some sort of warning SB for the slider velocity acceleration would be nice...?
01:20:455 (6,7) - Heh, these sliders could really do with some more symmetry... not really that important tho

[animask's Rainy Don]
00:30:987 (62) - Add clap
00:34:497 (77) - ^
00:37:051 (X) - Add a kat?
00:39:604 (X) - ^
00:42:157 (X) - ^
01:04:976 (14) - Remove note here and put two notes in 01:04:817 and 01:05:136, same goes for the rest of this type of note set

Star!
Sushi
Yo

[Skin]
I recommand make the border of the hitcircle completely white by making it into the overlay. the coloured border looks really really ugly with slider. (look at how it is done in the template skin)
You have some duplicated useless files (check your folder)
I suggest to make the lightning more transparent, too. it's very, very, very eye catchy. maybe a little smaller too.

I suggest using custom combo colours.

using such a negative offset is not necessary. you can put it to 668. notes before an offset are not a problem. negative offset is necessary only in some cases.

[Drizzle]
Nothing special to say.
Sliders could be prettier though.

[Darcsol's]
Raise that damn volume! I could barely hear the hitsounds! that's very important!
00:51:412 (TS) - WHY IS IT SO LOW the player can't hear if what he's doing is good or not :I
01:22:051 (1) - don't make the whole spinner silent, just the end.

[Hail]
Hurr... I don't like small circles...
Besides, the diff feels like old maps,.. no offence... this can be way better. atm it just feels like a path of small hitcircles very regularly spaced. you don't have a lot of fun with that.
besides, the 2x sections kills it, imo. combined with the small circles, the patterns and the spacing too makes it worse.

Btw, your 2x.png looks horrible (white pixels everywhere) and the way it is SB'd is hurr...

[Taiko]
01:04:976 (14) - sounds bad imo.
01:10:083 (14) - ^
and all following ones.
Spliting Kiai in taiko is not necessary. make the 2 kiais one please.
also, do not silence the final spinner.
Topic Starter
Zelos

Sushi wrote:

Yo

[Skin]
I recommand make the border of the hitcircle completely white by making it into the overlay. the coloured border looks really really ugly with slider. (look at how it is done in the template skin)
You have some duplicated useless files (check your folder)
I suggest to make the lightning more transparent, too. it's very, very, very eye catchy. maybe a little smaller too.

I suggest using custom combo colours.

using such a negative offset is not necessary. you can put it to 668. notes before an offset are not a problem. negative offset is necessary only in some cases.added

[Drizzle]
Nothing special to say.
Sliders could be prettier though.

[Darcsol's]
Raise that damn volume! I could barely hear the hitsounds! that's very important!
00:51:412 (TS) - WHY IS IT SO LOW the player can't hear if what he's doing is good or not :I
01:22:051 (1) - don't make the whole spinner silent, just the end.

[Hail]
Hurr... I don't like small circles...
Besides, the diff feels like old maps,.. no offence... this can be way better. atm it just feels like a path of small hitcircles very regularly spaced. you don't have a lot of fun with that.
besides, the 2x sections kills it, imo. combined with the small circles, the patterns and the spacing too makes it worse.
not offended. but i dont have much intent to change this. some people may find it fun. others wont. its inevitable.

Btw, your 2x.png looks horrible (white pixels everywhere) and the way it is SB'd is hurr...
so much as it gets the point across.

[Taiko]
01:04:976 (14) - sounds bad imo.
01:10:083 (14) - ^
and all following ones.
Spliting Kiai in taiko is not necessary. make the 2 kiais one please.
also, do not silence the final spinner.
thanks for the mod.
Darcsol

KRZY wrote:

[Darscol's Rain]
Some of the sliders don't really make sense to me. Generally, I think you'd do far better to avoid putting snare drums on sliderticks. Otherwise, fine.

Sushi wrote:

[Darcsol's]
01:22:051 (1) - don't make the whole spinner silent, just the end. Okay... :(
I'll admit, I rushed the map. I need to care more next time. :|

DJ Lightning
Darcsol´s Rain
remove the first 2 circles

Hail
^ Darcsol´s Rain

animask´s Rainy Don
00:03:221 add new combo
00:06:731 ^
00:17:582 ^
00:23:646 ^
00:27:157 ^
00:30:508 ^
00:34:497 ^
00:38:008 ^
00:40:561 ^
00:45:668 ^
00:48:699 ^
00:52:689 ^
00:55:880 ^
00:59:391 ^
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.