forum

OSU helps with my migraines?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Surrexi
I've had a migraine for the past three days and playing osu made me not feel it. Am I being distracted from the pain or is there something else happening? Anyone else have similar experiences? :?:
Mahogany
Uhhh you're just being distracted
Pawsu
I thought that would do the opposite...
Restore
Just don't try CTB, that shit will mess your eyes up and make your head go "whyyyy"
Wuxo

Close wrote:

Just don't try CTB, that shit will mess your eyes up and make your heads go "whyyyy"
I didn't knew that we have more then one head
Restore

Wuxo wrote:

Close wrote:

Just don't try CTB, that shit will mess your eyes up and make your heads go "whyyyy"
I didn't knew that we have more then one head
Yeh mobile typing is hard
abraker

Mahogany wrote:

Uhhh you're just being distracted
Pretty much this. Unless your migraine went away, you are likely to feel a bit worse after playing. Sleeping usually does the trick. Migraines don't last indefinitely and sleeping through it is the best way to ignore it.
trebby

Close wrote:

Just don't try CTB, that shit will mess your eyes up and make your head go "whyyyy"
You've probably never tried Taiko.
Jiroski_old
If I had a headache and played osu, I'd probably make it worse and maybe would feel nauseous afterwords.
Lunniet
I have headache playing Osu!Mania and Taiko, my eyes seem to explode.
Mvsk
If you can see it's not a migraine just a headache. Migraines basically make you go blind. The reason you probably feel better while playing Osu with a headache is this game can release a lot of adrenaline. (Which would block your pain for a while)
Babble

Mvsk wrote:

If you can see it's not a migraine just a headache. Migraines basically make you go blind. The reason you probably feel better while playing Osu with a headache is this game can release a lot of adrenaline. (Which would block your pain for a while)
This. Sometimes I play osu instead of drinking coffee in the morning as well.
Mvsk

Babble wrote:

Mvsk wrote:

This. Sometimes I play osu instead of drinking coffee in the morning as well.

hahaha nice idea. Hard to quit once you get started though no? 8-)
Babble

Mvsk wrote:

Eh, I try and only play easier songs so I don't go into the endless cycle of "hard map -> do badly -> escape/restart -> hard map -> do badly -> escape/restart...: etc.
Mvsk

Babble wrote:

Mvsk wrote:

Eh, I try and only play easier songs so I don't go into the endless cycle of "hard map -> do badly -> escape/restart -> hard map -> do badly -> escape/restart...: etc.
So your eyes probably aren't as strained either :)

I'm only beginning to understand how frustrating that is. I mean in the past where lower ranked maps often have difficult parts in the first minute it wasn't a problem but maps like this
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/219394?m=0
Can eat up soooo much time. Starts off easy than get progressively harder. Then out of nowhere insane jump and have to restart otherwise no pp x.x