forum

How does one git gud at spinning

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TMiracle
I use tablet, right hand, spin clock-wise, small circle.
I average around 250-280, rarely if I somehow go really crazy fast, I pull 300, but not consistent.
I attempted to do spin only maps, but it didn't help much.

How in the hell do you even reach 400+? and then maintain it?
ZenithPhantasm
Relax back muscles. I regained some of my spin speed by focusing on relieving tension.
Deva

TMiracle wrote:

clock-wise
I found your problem
Topic Starter
TMiracle

HK_ wrote:

TMiracle wrote:

clock-wise
I found your problem
How is that a problem?

out of curiosity I tried spinning counter-clock wise before and I get around 250 and it's ridiculously uncomfortable and sometimes I suddenly stop and unconsciously start spinning clock-wise again.
Deva
Do you spin with just your hand or your arm?
Topic Starter
TMiracle
I tried both, doesn't seem like there's any difference.
Usually just wrist though
ZenithPhantasm

HK_ wrote:

Do you spin with just your hand or your arm?
you're good at giving stupid advice
Deva
Just because it doesnt work for you doesnt mean its stupid...

I asked that because i tried to figure out why am i spinning slower with tablet.
I tried both hand only and arm only and figured out that when i tense my arm and relax my hand i can get shitty 300rpm
When i tense up my hand and relax my arm and spin with it i could get +30-50rpm over that
after that i tried spinning with both my hand and arm and noticed that if i could sync them correctly id get up to 400rpm without much additional physical strain
+1
Mahogany
Make triangle shapes
Topic Starter
TMiracle
so I noticed I start with around 320 if my hand is relaxed, but then gradually I tense up, to the point where even my legs are completely tensed ad at that point I drop around 270. (I keep playing that spinner map this evening, while posting here).
So I guess that's one issue, but I was ne ver even able to reach 350 let alone 400 regardless.
Jellyfish McGub
the most important thing about spinning is that you are actually spinning. make sure you are 100% spinning around the center and not going through it
Deva
Tense just your arm/hand not the celling and the floor along with the whole room :o
CXu
Focus on making good looking circles around the center of the spinner at all times, then slowly try to move your cursor faster while maintaining your circle. Doesn't help to try and go superfast if you're making weird shapes that don't look like a circle.
[ Koutei Monev]
I had the same "tensing muscles" issue lol

What I did was not focusing so much in spinnig, just getting them passed, even with a 50. Once you get comfortable with spinners, try spedding up. Never to the point of tension. With time, you'll spin well without stressing the muscles.

I spinn anti-clockwise, but there are some really great clockwise spinners, so I won't tell you how to spin. Just do it how you're comfortable with
winber1
Like CXu said, but probably better to start off with big consistent circles then slowly move inward, and i don't mean like full screen, but rather like a good 1 inch radius circle. You'll probably naturally get better/faster from there. After like 320RPM you really don't need much more at all.

The real question is why spin 400RPM when you can play 400BPM???

???????
Saphirshroom
Holy shit the grandmaster of shitposting has awoken from the dead
Mahogany
WINBER IS BACK
Topic Starter
TMiracle
Yeah, that's what happens - if I go relax mode, then I can do around 320.
But once I tense up my circles turn more and more into elipses, to the point where I start crossing center, so my speed actually drops down.
Guess I gonna try and take it slowly, gradually try to do it without tensing anything.

I heard that for the right hand counter-clockwise is better, but I'm not sure if I should bother changing it.
Since I developed a habit already, it would take a lot of effort and struggle to relearn it.

winber1 wrote:

Like CXu said, but probably better to start off with big consistent circles then slowly move inward, and i don't mean like full screen, but rather like a good 1 inch radius circle. You'll probably naturally get better/faster from there. After like 320RPM you really don't need much more at all.

The real question is why spin 400RPM when you can play 400BPM???

???????
There are some shit maps (ranked) that require 450 spin to survive.
Also with my speed I quite often get 100/50 on my spinners and because I tryhard, sometimes after spinners, due to tension I lose momentum and miss easiest notes in the world.m
Mahogany
Spin whichever direction you're comfortable with. If you can do well clockwise, continue to do so.
Deva

Mahogany wrote:

Spin whichever direction you're comfortable with
And stop playing happy30 maps
show more