forum

What you like to see in maps

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mahogany
Then go down in difficulty until you find stuff you can FC, and then work your way up from there.

HK_ wrote:

my point was that at some level you will need much more than just aim
You need aim as a skill before you need any other skill. You can get by with aim and speed, and aim and acc, and aim and reading, but you can't get by without aim.
Endaris

TMiracle wrote:

Mahogany wrote:

Literally every map will improve your aim

Play stuff you find challenging but FC-able and your aim will improve
that's the point lol, I can keep 98% acc on everything I currently play, but can't fc it lmao.
You're playing the wrong maps. Lagomorphic and Bad Day Nightcore Remix(maps i would think of) are bad examples of OD9 maps as the maps are easy to acc to begin with.
Try some actually hard maps like
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/372170 OD8
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/58243 OD9
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/290040 OD10
Deva
imo reading is much much much more important than aim
Mahogany
Reading won't get you anywhere if you're unable to actually hit the circles
Deva
You need to have shitty reading like me to realise just how important it is otherwise im just talking to a wall
Mahogany
Even if you can read the circles perfectly though it does nothing for you if you're unable to aim the circles and hit them

You need aim AND reading. That said, you'll get further with good aim and no reading than you will with good reading and no aim, because at least then you might hit SOME of the circles.
Endaris

Mahogany wrote:

Even if you can read the circles perfectly though it does nothing for you if you're unable to aim the circles and hit them

You need aim AND reading. That said, you'll get further with good aim and no reading than you will with good reading and no aim, because at least then you might hit SOME of the circles.
SS it for Baru.
KanoSet
HighScore -Till it's Over - one for all, all for one
these 3 maps helped me to improve my aim more than any one else did.. but everything will help tho
i just enjoy these
TMiracle

Endaris wrote:

You're playing the wrong maps. Lagomorphic and Bad Day Nightcore Remix(maps i would think of) are bad examples of OD9 maps as the maps are easy to acc to begin with.
Try some actually hard maps like
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/372170 OD8
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/58243 OD9
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/290040 OD10
alright, OD10 I can really feel the difference.
Too bad that map is 8.5AR, can't read anything lower than 9 - I actually really like the song :(

is HR OD10 = OD11 ?
Deva
OD10 with HR is OD10
OD10 with DT is OD11
KanoSet
if i got this right, od11 is only when playing HRDT
mfw od8 is easy too acc.. jumps are easy to do but can't streams for more than 5 notes
Yuudachi-kun
No, it's only when playing od10 + DT.

Od 6 + HRDT won't be od11.
KanoSet
well hrdt is somewhat ar10 + dt i guess
i never saw a song with OD6 for the past 8 months
i didn't know what od was when i played od6 and less i believe
TMiracle

KanoSet wrote:

HighScore -Till it's Over - one for all, all for one
these 3 maps helped me to improve my aim more than any one else did.. but everything will help tho
i just enjoy these
Thanks! I gonna spam the shit out of Highscore.

chainpullz
140-160bpm, lots of 1/4's, lots of stream jumps, lot's of syncopated rhythms.
TMiracle

chainpullz wrote:

any good examples?

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/490438
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/495541
is this something similar to what you meant?

EDIT: or should I just play the shit out of all Skystar maps, lol?
chainpullz
TMiracle
-JaZe-
@TMiracle: based on your top scores, you actually have a lot of room to grow, accuracy wise. For example, Runaway, your second score, should give around 130 pp for a near SS, but based on your acc, gives only 107. Accuracy around 98% is acceptable, but if you actually want to get pp for your plays, you want to be getting around 99-99.5%. That's what I've typically found is the most efficient place to get before moving on to more difficult maps. No sense in grinding out an SS (unless you're Raniemi :P ) but each % closer to 100% gives more pp than the last.

Just food for thought before you start spamming aim-heavy maps.
TMiracle

-JaZe- wrote:

@TMiracle: based on your top scores, you actually have a lot of room to grow, accuracy wise. For example, Runaway, your second score, should give around 130 pp for a near SS, but based on your acc, gives only 107. Accuracy around 98% is acceptable, but if you actually want to get pp for your plays, you want to be getting around 99-99.5%. That's what I've typically found is the most efficient place to get before moving on to more difficult maps. No sense in grinding out an SS (unless you're Raniemi :P ) but each % closer to 100% gives more pp than the last.

Just food for thought before you start spamming aim-heavy maps.

thanks, well I see your point, I will raise my acc standard in that case.
Though I don't think those few x100 are accuracy issue - almost all my x100 are from unfinished sliders, which I consider derp aim, in fact most of my misses are slider breaks :/
Also I actually Have around at least 20 98-99% maps or so, but no pp for them because of 1 or 2 misses, due to derp aim.Heck today I woulda have made 120pp play if not 1single retarded miss.
Mvsk
I like to see creative patterns that are well crafted.
-sev

chainpullz wrote:

More of this.
Saphirshroom
Every time chainpullz pulls (haha) a list of maps out of his sleeves like that I sacrifice a lamb to the gods that made wget.
TMiracle
I played, well tried to play all of those chainpullz maps... NotLikeThis
I wanna know how does one do all those obscure sliders/slider stream/ slider spam whatever the hell it's called things where you get ridiculous amount of short sliders in weird angles like Meikaruza etc.

Am I supposed to single tap them or alternate? Treat them as spaced streams? I got no idea how to approach them, it seems like I'm jsut mashing things.
WOuld be cool to know how to do them properly, so I can actually learn the technique then.
Saphirshroom

TMiracle wrote:

I wanna know how does one do all those obscure sliders/slider stream/ slider spam whatever the hell it's called things where you get ridiculous amount of short sliders in weird angles like Meikaruza etc.

Am I supposed to single tap them or alternate? Treat them as spaced streams? I got no idea how to approach them, it seems like I'm jsut mashing things.
WOuld be cool to know how to do them properly, so I can actually learn the technique then.
If you have a slider stream, just stream. Rest is preference. I usually singletap jumpy sliders and begin alternating if they're close (timing- and spacing-wise).
gregest

TMiracle wrote:

you aren't even supposed to play chainpullz's maps, if you want to play slider heavy maps play hw or fanzhen or hanzer or anyone idk
DeathHydra
Iirc, meikaruza is 300 bpm. High bpm like that is hard to singletap
Topic Starter
I Give Up
Deathstreams.
Kafein_old_1
I wanna see more maps with no streams. :roll:
TheRealNick24
Sliderstreams
Kimion
Full HD backgrounds and a neat Storyboard. We need more maps like this.
Yuudachi-kun

Hurriname wrote:

Those are really the least important things in a map; I forgot storyboards existed for a year
KanoSet

Khelly wrote:

Hurriname wrote:

Those are really the least important things in a map; I forgot storyboards existed for a year
what's storyboard
-sev

TheRealNick24 wrote:

Sliderstreams
Gross
Kimion

Khelly wrote:

Hurriname wrote:

For me, the most important thing.
Cant be so hard to find a bg for a map that is not something like 300x400.
Mismagius

Khelly wrote:

Hurriname wrote:

Those are really the least important things in a map

Not always
Endaris
ZenithPhantasm
Less spaced streams
Topic Starter
I Give Up

Hurriname wrote:

99% All players disable them v_v
ithgyu
streams kicksliders and interesting shit
show more