forum

Go Shiina - Dimension W Opening

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Leniane
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Boruma
Since this is your first time beatmapping, I'm going to try to help you at least a little. I hope I don't sound too critical.

Normal
1. Set AR to 5.
Ok... so first thing I noticed. You have your AR set too high for the difficulty. Based on the
ones around it, I would say setting the AR to 5 would be good.

2. CS to 2 or 3 (Preferred for beginners)
Second, even though there's nothing wrong with having the circle size at 5, it's preferred that you have that set to 2 or 3 so beginners can play it.

3. Use distance snap.
For easy and normal map difficulties, you want to use distance snap in order to make the notes properly spaced. Mainly, it's for teaching beginners how to deal with set spacing. Also, it makes it easier for the mapper as well. You won't have to worry about spacing as much unless there's too much distance between notes.

4. Slow down the slider velocity to the recommended 1.00 or less. People don't like when an easy map has too fast sliders. It just breaks combos and annoys people. If people want a higher slider velocity, they just put on DT.

5. Make grid level to 2 or 3 instead of 1. It allows you to make better sliders.

00:10:591 (1) - For this slider, I recommend breaking it into two sliders, but set on white ticks. Also, maybe start the first slider on 00:09:902 (1) - .

6. Break up some longer sliders and make more of them. It helps to make the map more interesting to the player who's playing it.

It seems you're not done mapping the normal though, so I'm going to stop there. Be sure to add more shorter sliders to replace some of the numerous hit circles.

Hope that helps.