forum

A mapping question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hawnta
So, I'm mapping a fair amount of songs (which can be seen here) and I thought to myself, "Well, this is gonna take a hell of a long time if I have to do the whole mapset by myself," so I wanted some guest difficulties in it. But then that raised another problem: how in the hell am I gonna request guest difficulties?? I'm not friends with ANY professional mappers, and to just PM them most likely wouldn't work. So this is my question:
Is there any way to get guest difficulties that aren't the above?

oh and also i might be putting this in the wrong place so im sorry if thats the case
KanoSet
technically it's not in the wrong place cuz you didn't ask for guest difficulties. you asked how to get them..nice
maybe it should be in GD but w/e
well i'm not a mapper so i'm not sure but maybe ask for it in the mapping fourm don't listen to me i didn't read the rules.. you better read it first
sry can't help much
Endaris
Yep, correct place would be here: 56

You can look in the modding queue subforum here: 60
Some people have queues for guest difficulties, you might want to try and get a slot there.
Last but not least, you might want to focus on one or two sets at the same time and at least map a second difficulty so you don't have to find as many GDers(working with many GDers can also be a pain if they don't respond anymore suddenly or don't have time or whatever).
Another thing you can try is associating yourself with people or kick your friends' asses even if they aren't mappers cause everyone started at some point, right?
Topic Starter
Hawnta

Endaris wrote:

Yep, correct place would be here: 56

You can look in the modding queue subforum here: 60
Some people have queues for guest difficulties, you might want to try and get a slot there.
Last but not least, you might want to focus on one or two sets at the same time and at least map a second difficulty so you don't have to find as many GDers(working with many GDers can also be a pain if they don't respond anymore suddenly or don't have time or whatever).
Another thing you can try is associating yourself with people or kick your friends' asses even if they aren't mappers cause everyone started at some point, right?
Yea, I knew this wasn't the place to put this. OH WELL ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Does "kick [my] friends' asses" mean make my friends make a GD?
And also, this may seem like the stupidest question ever, but does "associating [myself] with people" mean try and contact popular mappers and try and request them to make a GD on my map?
Kunino Sagiri
Be friendly and you'd just realize you're already in a circle full of amateur mappers like yourself and you can learn together.