forum

Cash Cash - Reach for the Stars (Intro Ver.)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ztrot
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, December 19, 2010 at 10:26:01 AM

Artist: Cash Cash
Title: Reach for the Stars (Intro Ver.)
Source: Sonic The Hedgehog
Tags: color Jean Paul Makhlouf Lilac James2250
BPM: 203
Filesize: 12545kb
Play Time: 01:20
Difficulties Available:
  1. Insane (4.98 stars, 234 notes)
  2. James2250's Normal (2.55 stars, 90 notes)
  3. Lilac's Hard (3.55 stars, 111 notes)
Download: Cash Cash - Reach for the Stars (Intro Ver.)
Download: Cash Cash - Reach for the Stars (Intro Ver.) (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
lol sonic colors
Jeffro
[Lilac]
00:15:692 (3,4) - Rhythmwise it's possible but I feel like the slow slider speed ruins this effect. It feels like you have to be pretty fast for the stack but the sliders are so slow that the whole flow of the map feels disrupted.
It also feels like the spacing between notes are much faster then the sliders :(
01:14:657 (4) - Maybe just have 1 reverse and then add a triplet or something? Or one of those doubles you like :P
01:19:239 (2) - Don't like how you did this.

[Insane]
00:46:874 (8,9) - Transition feels really weird to me.
00:54:707 (8) - Don't like this note stacked after a series of jumps.
00:57:958 (3,4) - Overlapping the old note with slider doesn't look so nice imo.

Thats it, good map nonetheless. Starred~
Doomsday
Yo

1. Timing looks pretty close. Maybe it's a few ms early (as in 2-4ms early. I settled on Offset: 5,056), but it's not much.
  2. Make an easy? Lilac's is pretty tough for the easiest :(
[LILAC]

Perhaps it could use 1+ to the OD? Apart from that, fun stuff.

[INSANE]

At first, it felt as if the part at 00:30:027 (7,1) had some dodgy spacing, as it was confusing me constantly, but it looked fine when I saw it in the editor, and I was fine after that. Perhaps it was the colours (no pun intended :V), but alas, nothing to be worried about.

'tis good stuff.

00:37:564 (6) - Switch the slider ends around? (So the start is just below the 5). It feels more natural to play that way I think (Move that beat under the other end too, of course).

Another fun ztrot map. Just needs an easier difficulty and a timing tweak and you're golden. ;)

I'll just drop this star here.
James2250
Not quite as easy as I would like but it can still pass for the easiest difficulty~ Name it whatever you want

Let me know if anything needs fixing (you can ignore it if you don't like it)

Download: Cash Cash - Reach for the Stars (Intro Ver.) (ztrot) [James2250's Normal].osu
Verdisphena
lol sonic colors
Lilac
Reaching for Stars!
dkun
I'm reaching for those stars, ztrot.
Krisom
I'm modding this.

General-
Maybe add MarioBros777 to tags?
Approach Circle?
Source: "Sonic The Hedgehog"? Look at the ranked sonic maps sources, imo, using sonic colors would be more accurate.
Suprised about the stack leniency being so low...

Easy-
00:31:065 (1,1) - too close for an easy?
00:38:455 (1,2,3,4) - Unstack (2) and (4)?
00:39:637 (1) - http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/41822 look at the timeline, fix it, ???, PROFIT

Lily-
No mayor problems were found

Insane-
00:19:538 (6) - clap at the start?
00:53:824 (5,6,7,8) - lol @ (6)/(7)
This is the only diff with the slienced spinner at the end. Maybe make them all the same? imo, a low volume finish would fit. for all diffs.

Crush 40 was way better ;x;!!!!!!!
Oh yeah, will recheck tomorrow or sunday for a bubbs. Getting a few more mods would not hurt anyone ;D

(also for god's sake check the other mods and give kudosu if you applied anything ._.!)
Topic Starter
ztrot

Krisom wrote:

I'm modding this.

General-
Maybe add MarioBros777 to tags?
Approach Circle?
Source: "Sonic The Hedgehog"? Look at the ranked sonic maps sources, imo, using sonic colors would be more accurate.
Suprised about the stack leniency being so low...

Easy-
00:31:065 (1,1) - too close for an easy?
00:38:455 (1,2,3,4) - Unstack (2) and (4)?
00:39:637 (1) - http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/41822 look at the timeline, fix it, ???, PROFIT

Lily-
No mayor problems were found

Insane-
00:19:538 (6) - clap at the start?
00:53:824 (5,6,7,8) - lol @ (6)/(7)
This is the only diff with the slienced spinner at the end. Maybe make them all the same? imo, a low volume finish would fit. for all diffs.

Crush 40 was way better ;x;!!!!!!!
Oh yeah, will recheck tomorrow or sunday for a bubbs. Getting a few more mods would not hurt anyone ;D

(also for god's sake check the other mods and give kudosu if you applied anything ._.!)
Done!
RandomJibberish
My god these lyrics are awful

General
You need an approachcircle, stick the default in there.
Move the offset as early as possible (326) to fix the main menu

Insane
00:19:538 (6,1) - New combo on six, remove on 1
00:32:987 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - IMO such a fast stream should be spaced a little closer. Your call though
00:42:888 (2) - New combo (and maaaybe remove new combo on 00:40:523 (1) - )

Lilac
Name it "Lilac's Normal" or similar? It'd fit in with the other diffs better
I'd also up drain and OD to about the middle tick
00:07:420 (3) - 1/2 shorta'

James2250's Easy
00:30:474 (5) - Not sure why this isa short repeat slider; IMO a non repeating 1/1 slider works better
00:49:390 (2) - Center?
00:57:666 (1) - Uh, what the fuck happened here

01:13:922 (1,2,3,4) - I don't reeaaally like clustering like this in an easy, but yeah

"Although they look pretty far" pfft

Edit: Coocoo'
Doomsday
Derp.

Well, I checked anyway. Couldn't find anything too major.
Lilac
LuigiHann ain't gonna be happy.

And I'm sorry, ztrot. T_T

Download: Cash Cash - Reach for the Stars (Intro Ver.) (ztrot) [Lilac's Normal].osu
Larto
Easy:
00:33:725 (1) - Ow, this is quite soon after the spinner. That's evil for an easy.
00:57:666 (1) - wat

Also, I'd be all for changing the diff names to Normal, Hard and Insane, because that's just more appropiate.

EDIT yo.
Andrea
[Insane]

00:33:060 (4,5,6,7,8,9) - This is the only stream on this difficulty and feels a bit weird. I suggest to changing it to a 1/4 slider with some repeats, or at least to change it like this.

Fix it and I'll rank.

EDIT: Ranked~
lepidopodus
I just think that maybe Sonic Colors would be better to be source cause in Sonic series musics are usually not used again. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh, and congrats for your new ranked map~
GabrielRKF
hoho sonic colors is awesome
and ywah, Sonic Colors would be better as a source
YuiiMugii
Just saying this right now.
The video is REALLY REALLY dark.
kendiquit
[/color][/color][/color][/color][/color]