forum

Touhou Upick 3 Game Over

posted
Total Posts
show more
pieguyn

Frostings wrote:

I don't like how MB is strongly pushing Jess

The majority of votes are there only for the sake of PL, and that should be the only reason required for the lynch
The fact he's now trying to defend his stance on Jess wagon seems highly unnecessary as town
There shouldn't be a need to overwhelmingly defend another person on D1 :roll:
you're joking, right
Frostings

metal sonic1 wrote:

the problem is if the doc doesn't die because ?WIFOM?

Scum can claim doc easily so we shouldn't rely on that. If we think no hitter is scum, lynch him. Unfortunately I just want a dead bird
Either we lynch NH now, or we lynch NH later

if scum choose to leave claimed Doc alone because ?WIFOM?, then town mostly benefits, because if Doc is able to stop at least 1 NK, that's an extra night for town PRs
Frostings
There's no real motive for extreme buddying when NH hasn't even been playing THAT town of a game
Frostings
The only thing I can think of is Daychat/Mason, and I doubt that's in the game
Frostings
^@ pie
pieguyn
holy shit I thought Navi was the IC and not you. <_>

"he has reasons for legitimately scum reading Jess and this isn't necessary as town" is really misguided reasoning. someone being a useless lurkfuck as both alignments doesn't mean there's no way to read them based on what they're posting when they _are_ around. in this case, I think MB's push is well reasoned. outside of the "sheeping popular pushes " point, I don't mind the meta observation that Jess only makes those kinds of sniping comments as scum. I don't really have experience to verify if it's correct (and I'm too lazy to meta lel), but I think the consideration is coming from a town POV.

"not needing to defend someone on D1" is also really misguided reasoning. if you have a strong town read on D1, as he stated he did with NH, then hell yeah, you should derail it. there's nothing incongruous or unnecessary there, and I'd like to know why you disagree.
pieguyn

Frostings wrote:

There's no real motive for extreme buddying when NH hasn't even been playing THAT town of a game
didn't see this before posting the previous post. why do you think your assessment indicates no one else can have a strong town read on him? do you disagree with his point about the B1rd interaction?
pieguyn
I worry what you're doing here is projecting your opinion of NH's play, and assuming other people necessarily should react the same way to it you are. which is fine if you're relying entirely on objective reasoning, but it's not a good idea in terms of vague judgement calls (MB saying it looks town vs. you saying it doesn't) unless you can break it down and get a better idea of where the disagreement is. if you or anyone gave a more in-depth explanation on this, link plz (I don't remember seeing one).
Frostings
I'm like 95% sure B1rd is town, and if he's scum, he's playing Irre-level scum, and I doubt anyone else can pull that off

I was kind of suspicious of NH before the whole B1-NH exchange, so when it happened, it just looked like scum pushing a weak post based on semantics. When it failed, he immediately jumped on Jess wagon instead.. The whole "anyone else but me" mindset seems like a pretty lame excuse

I also didn't like NH's panic claim, it was highly unnecessary. If he's Doc, all it does is give scum a free PR to NK. If he's town and fakeclaiming, that's extremely bad as it risks a CC from a real Doc and then we lose two towns from the inevitable lynch and NK.

If he's scum and fakeclaiming, he can:
1. bait the real Doc to CC and then scum finds their NK target
2. potentially stop his lynch and create WIFOM as he continues to survive despite claiming such a strong role
Frostings
Now that he's claimed though, it does seem a bit unnecessary to lynch him, as he'll be taken care of eventually...
But it doesn't help me that everyone I'm townreading is on the NH train, and everyone else null or nullscum is on Jess
Topic Starter
Sakura
-[Jess]- is being replaced
Deadline is frozen until a replacement is found.
MBomb
@Whoever gets the Jess slot

Claim, you're gonna get lynched.
MBomb
Gonna get lynched if you don't*

At this point I doubt anyone getting that slot will persuade me they're not scum, but it's worth a shot anyway.
MBomb
Also it's 4:40am and I'm having trouble seeing right now, so night.
MBomb
Oh also, anyone against the Jess slot claiming, please say why, with good reasoning.
NoHitter
Holy crap deadline extensions. Thank god.

Frostings, what would you have done in my situation then? You're about to be lynched as a doc and nothing else you're doing seems to be working.

Since when is self-preservation as an important PR such a huge scumtell?
Topic Starter
Sakura
Vote Count 1.18

-[Jess]- (4) - - Magic Bomb -, pieguyn, NoHitter, Navizel [L-3]
NoHitter (3) - notscience, beeboy123, B1rd
B1rd (1) - metal sonic1
notscience (1) - GuyInFreezer

Not Voting (3) - -[Jess]-, Frostings, Birdy

With 12 Alive it takes 7 to lynch.
Mod Notes: Searching for a replacement for -[Jess]-
Deadline is locked at 24 hours until a replacement is found.
Frostings
This game actually awfully reminds me of OJ 2
I think I need to start over on reads
MBomb
Guessing neither Frostings or NH disagrees, then? Anyone who does?
B1rd
Magic Bomb, what part of NH's interaction with me makes you think he's town?
pieguyn

NoHitter wrote:

Since when is self-preservation as an important PR such a huge scumtell?
fyi i don't consider your PR important since this is role madness; the only important PRs in role madness are the ones that are very, very noticeably more powerful than most other conceivable roles, which doctor definitely is not. but, self-preservation in that position isn't scummy (and is standard play) regardless of role.
Birdy
In role madness I do believe Doctor is a pretty solid fakeclaim, specifically because it is such a basic role e.g. I've seen this in ToS' "All Any" mode couple too many times.

Combine that with how panicked the claim came out, I'm not buying it.
beeboy123
Considering it was a policy lynch everyone on the Jess wagon is essentially "not voting" right now.
Birdy
Which is why I also find this very off-putting.

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

At this point I doubt anyone getting that slot will persuade me they're not scum, but it's worth a shot anyway.
metal sonic1
vote: no hitter

Sorry but bird seems to have the animal shelter behind it.
MBomb

NoHitter wrote:

B1rd wrote:

You know, what I was implying here is that is was somewhat annoying to have everything I said picked apart, but here you are doing just that.
You just backpedaled there. This was the context of that quote you made:
As you can see, the "annoying" you were referring to was about asking other people for the meanings of acronyms and the like. How it suddenly means what you claim now is a mystery.

Joking around like that only makes it more confusing. If you are town, kindly refrain from doing stuff like that again. Please.

2) "You better watch yourself or I'll FoS you" --> How is that not a threat? I suspected you and you replied with a warning telling me to "stop or else".
3) If I was intending to shift the heat to you from me, then why would I still be exchanging with NS?
All of the stuff I've left in leaves a very strong impression to me that NH is town.
MBomb
Should be quite obvious why, but if you want me to explain any section, I will.
MBomb

Birdy wrote:

Which is why I also find this very off-putting.

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

Oh, and yet you still don't disagree with it, as I've said voice your concerns if you don't want to, and you've never said she shouldn't, you've said the comment was offputting. I think I'm finding a different scum if Jess is somehow town...

FoS: Birdy
MBomb
When I say "she shouldn't" I'm referring to the roleclaim, by the way.
B1rd

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

Should be quite obvious why, but if you want me to explain any section, I will.
I don't see at all. This is pretty much my opinion:

Frostings wrote:

I was kind of suspicious of NH before the whole B1-NH exchange, so when it happened, it just looked like scum pushing a weak post based on semantics. When it failed, he immediately jumped on Jess wagon instead.. The whole "anyone else but me" mindset seems like a pretty lame excuse
Trying pushing hard on other people to save yourself seems scummy. Claiming doctor just before you get lynched seems very scummy. I'm actually very skeptical about the existence of a doctor, I looked at the other upicks and the majority of the roles are complex and multifaceted and not just rehashed vanilla roles. And also like I said, doctor doesn't seems to fit that well with his flavour claim. It doesn't convince me at all.

So I could be wrong but I don't think he's a doc, and keeping him around for a few days just potentially gives him the ability to use scum PRs instead.

I'm not sure yet about the validity of this Jess push, how do you ISO people?

metal sonic1 wrote:

Sorry but bird seems to have the animal shelter behind it.
Why are you still so salty? lol.
Navizel

B1rd wrote:

Trying pushing hard on other people to save yourself seems scummy.
is he?

B1rd wrote:

I looked at the other upicks and the majority of the roles are complex and multifaceted and not just rehashed vanilla roles. And also like I said, doctor doesn't seems to fit that well with his flavour claim. It doesn't convince me at all.
I don't know what kind of upick you looked at and what do you mean by complex and vanilla but for the most part roles are "standard" and are from the mafiascum wiki. Or maybe it's just the games I modded idk whatever

B1rd wrote:

I'm not sure yet about the validity of this Jess push, how do you ISO people?
1st page?

Frostings wrote:

Wasn't I part of that exchange? Why am I not included. Give me attention >:( Iirc you haven't given your townreads yet. Where is it?

I'll probably post less in the following days. College is hard.
B1rd
When I mean upicks I specifically mean the other Touhou upicks. And when I mean vanilla I mean standard Mafia roles. p/3507651 See, there isn't a single roll as simple as a 'doctor' or 'cop'.
B1rd
*say and *role before I get grammar nazi'd
NoHitter
B1rd, what do you call a role with the ability to save other people from being nightkilled?
So what do you say when you're trying to claim your role with the ability to "save other people from being nightkilled"?

Sakura likes given elaborate descriptions on the ability section, but that's basically it. You can summarize what the role is in one word. The flavor is "Purify" btw, if you're so interested.
NoHitter
*Sakura likes giving
NoHitter
Also Sakura, don't want to nitpick, but your Sample Town PM is missing a period at the end of the sentence describing the win condition. It's kind of a small inconsistency with the actual PM.
Sample Town PM
http://puu.sh/niNKq/b625e8b0c5.jpg
Topic Starter
Sakura
Vote Count 1.19

-[Jess]- (4) - - Magic Bomb -, pieguyn, NoHitter, Navizel [L-3]
NoHitter (4) - notscience, beeboy123, B1rd, metal sonic1 [L-3]

notscience (1) - GuyInFreezer

Not Voting (3) - -[Jess]-, Frostings, Birdy

With 12 Alive it takes 7 to lynch.
Mod Notes: Searching for a replacement for -[Jess]-. if the current PM from the replacement list reaches 24 hours i'll ask the next.
Deadline is locked at 24 hours until a replacement is found.
Navizel

B1rd wrote:

When I mean upicks I specifically mean the other Touhou upicks. And when I mean vanilla I mean standard Mafia roles. p/3507651 See, there isn't a single roll as simple as a 'doctor' or 'cop'.
If you actually read the role description, you would notice they are standard roles. Maybe except for a few ones. See p/4719997. I used League abilities for the role PM but the flips show the equivalent role instead.
Navizel
If you want a Touhou Upick example, here: t/189589
One of my abilities there is I am the strongest! but it's actually just a Gladiator.
Birdy

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

Oh, and yet you still don't disagree with it, as I've said voice your concerns if you don't want to, and you've never said she shouldn't, you've said the comment was offputting. I think I'm finding a different scum if Jess is somehow town...

FoS: Birdy
Sure I think the replacement could roleclaim, but while it was more of a policy lynch due to Jess' horrible play and less that Jess should have been a scum, the way you said the slot itself, no matter who the player is, is most likely scum in your eyes was very very off-putting.

I can't bring myself to care about a FoS from my top scumread either. :roll:
show more