posted
Total Posts
show more
Prince Zariel

X-Blade wrote:

NyanNeko03 wrote:

Can you remove my name?? because I don't expect that mappool gonna be 5 star xD
But, it's meant to be difficult...
It's supposed to bring out the best in a person and tell them "Yes you can" also, star rating isn't anything

I signed up before the map pool was released and I'm wondering if I should drop as well. I'm not the best player in the world, obviously, and I enjoy playing harder maps but I still think that these maps are a bit too difficult for the selected rank range. I think I'll at least try though.
Sayori-kun
When the match will be held? I mean the time. Like GMT +1 00.00.
RukiMukami
I think this map pool is pretty good, but since all player are around 100k in ranking, Algebra on hard rock might be a kinda way too hard... Its 6 stars, has ar10 and the sliders are pretty quick... I think the no mod version is better for this tournament considering and ranking of the players.... just saying ^.^

I'm saying you don't* (edit: whoops, left this out before) have to change it but even if it is in the "intended to fail" set of maps, its it might be difficult enough so some players simply can''t hit any of the notes. Or end up with a score of like 10,000.

I looked at the top 50 rankings that are on the left side of the osu client when you select a song that you want to play and only 3 people used to hard rock mode and got in the top 50s. Most of them didn't even use a mod lol
TheJimnebob
Oh no... The tiebreaker. I have PTSD of that map! TOO MANY SQUARES
Shizuoka
archived
Topic Starter
UtaXB

RukiMukami wrote:

I think this map pool is pretty good, but since all player are around 100k in ranking, Algebra on hard rock might be a kinda way too hard... Its 6 stars, has ar10 and the sliders are pretty quick... I think the no mod version is better for this tournament considering and ranking of the players.... just saying ^.^

I'm saying you don't* (edit: whoops, left this out before) have to change it but even if it is in the "intended to fail" set of maps, its it might be difficult enough so some players simply can''t hit any of the notes. Or end up with a score of like 10,000.

I looked at the top 50 rankings that are on the left side of the osu client when you select a song that you want to play and only 3 people used to hard rock mode and got in the top 50s. Most of them didn't even use a mod lol
As I've said to everyone else who has bothered themselves with that map.
Come with a suggestion and I'll check it out, because honeslty, I don't know of many famously hard HR songs.

The "intended to fail" on HR was one of the maps that was keeping the mappool from being released, so of course I DID pick it in panic.
I want a better HR pick myself, but I am quite busy, so I can't check it all the time.
It's enough trying to reply to all the forum posts and checking if people has gone past 65k yet.
But yeah, come with a suggestion, and I'll check it out. :D
Topic Starter
UtaXB

SayoriKirigaya wrote:

When the match will be held? I mean the time. Like GMT +1 00.00.
They will be decided a few days before matches are to be played, reason being that I will end the registration phase a few days before the tournament, so then I have all the players and can decide what times are best for them at that time.

More info: It will start with a group stage, top 2 (or 3 if we get lots of players) will advance to knockout stage.
Topic Starter
UtaXB

TheJimnebob wrote:

Oh no... The tiebreaker. I have PTSD of that map! TOO MANY SQUARES
All of them are super slow, calm and easy though.
Topic Starter
UtaXB

xdd1 wrote:

Zariel wrote:

I signed up before the map pool was released and I'm wondering if I should drop as well. I'm not the best player in the world, obviously, and I enjoy playing harder maps but I still think that these maps are a bit too difficult for the selected rank range. I think I'll at least try though.
Well.
Map-pool is a bit much for 150k dont you think?
Hm, well...uuhhh...you two can have that argument.
KnifeMeals
Player Name: KnifeMeals
Favorite Map: Panda Eyes & Teminite - Highscore
Something Random: Streams....
Kroma
Just asking but what will the prizes be, 'cause I don't see them in the thread (Sorry if I'm blind :( ).
Dodogreen17
Player Name: Dodogreen17
Favorite Map: Injection - Rise Against (mapped by pishifat)
Something Random: PP=Peppy Points
Aquiii
Um tiebreaker DT? There are only 8ish FCs with it.
Topic Starter
UtaXB

aquaman81696 wrote:

Um tiebreaker DT? There are only 8ish FCs with it.
That's if the players agree, if you get in a match, and you end up with the tiebreaker, the ref will ask for DT.
If no one says DT then it won't be DT, if one player says DT and the other doesn't then there won't be a DT (or we might change to !roll, not really decided yet) if both players want to play it with DT, then DT will be turned on.
Topic Starter
UtaXB

KromaRO wrote:

Just asking but what will the prizes be, 'cause I don't see them in the thread (Sorry if I'm blind :( ).
Not fully decided yet, but you can expect this:
1st = 3 months of supporter
2nd = 2 months
3rd = 1 month

We might change that, but hey, I'm a teenager, I ain't got money xD
There will be prizes though.
Aquiii
Okay and last question when is the brackets and tournament schedule getting posted or where are they at?
Kroma
Is it allright if I can beat one of the ¤ marked beatmaps with a decent combo? O_o
Kroma
This is the last thing I want to ask: Any chance of a profile badge for the winner? Kappa
YonaMaikeru
Player Name: YonaMaikeru
Favorite Map: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/145215 (insane)
Something Random: ripperino cheese
Topic Starter
UtaXB

aquaman81696 wrote:

Okay and last question when is the brackets and tournament schedule getting posted or where are they at?
They will be posted once I've made them (when the registration phase ends)

KromaRO wrote:

Is it allright if I can beat one of the ¤ marked beatmaps with a decent combo? O_o
This is the last thing I want to ask: Any chance of a profile badge for the winner? Kappa
Yes, that's fine, good for you.
I think those are for really big tournaments only, so I HIGHLY doubt it.
I don't even know if you'll get profile badges for Second Circle.
YonaMaikeru

X-Blade wrote:

Yes, that's fine, good for you.
I think those are for really big tournaments only, so I HIGHLY doubt it.
I don't even know if you'll get profile badges for Second Circle.
thank you owo
TheJimnebob

KromaRO wrote:

Which map is it?
TheMug
Player Name: TheMug
Favorite Map: Ni-Sokkususu - Blade Dance by Bearizm
Something Random: Ayyy lmao
Kroma

TheJimnebob wrote:

Which map is it?
It is KOTOKO - unfinished + DT, my friend.
-Donald Trump-
I'm willing to design a banner, if you still want it, send me a private message
Some of my projects are these:

Mordred
Player Name: Darquon
Favorite Map: Aiae (Alumetorz)
Something Random: I like jumps
Pickle
Player Name: Pickle
Favorite Map: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/289074
Something Random: Dong Here
koodiekieran3
Player Name: koodiekieran3
Favorite Map: Don't have one xD
Something Random: I like potatoes ^^

If its not too late, i would like to enter ^^
Hisoka Yuuji
Player Name: Hisoka Yuuji
Favorite Map: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/315375
Something Random: can't read over AR 9.5 but nvm I want to have fun!
zzzspaced
Player Name: Akira_sama0
Favorite Map: Marble Soda (I guess..)
Something Random: my first tournament
Xelias
Even though i'm not participating, i'm just asking some questions if you don't mind (You don't have to answer me if you don't want to :3).
  • Is the match going to be played as a Team Vs, or a Head to Head?
    If the above is applied as Team Vs.
    ¤-marked are special, very difficult maps that are meant to be failed, highest score counts, we’re just testing this, and if it gets negative feedback, it will not come back.
    Will you be putting no fail? Otherwise "team" fails would drop right and left.
The mappool looks good, and I wish you good luck! Also if you need referees, you can ask me unless I tell you i'm busy on that day or something. <--- the actual reason why I posted xd.
Topic Starter
UtaXB

Si1entKiTTeh wrote:

Even though i'm not participating, i'm just asking some questions if you don't mind (You don't have to answer me if you don't want to :3).
  • Is the match going to be played as a Team Vs, or a Head to Head?
    If the above is applied as Team Vs.
    ¤-marked are special, very difficult maps that are meant to be failed, highest score counts, we’re just testing this, and if it gets negative feedback, it will not come back.
    Will you be putting no fail? Otherwise "team" fails would drop right and left.
The mappool looks good, and I wish you good luck! Also if you need referees, you can ask me unless I tell you i'm busy on that day or something. <--- the actual reason why I posted xd.
It will be head-to-head, because if not, no-fail would have had to be forced, which in my opinion would just be stupid.
the tournament IS going to be 1v1 after all.
-Donald Trump-
Player Name: ivo2002
Favorite Map: Scoutellite - Surprise Buttsecks
Something Random: NO
-Donald Trump-
No free mod picks?
jord1
Player Name: jord1
Favorite Map: Jeff williams - Time to say goodbye
Something Random: ok
Nekoson
TheMug
Too much stuff to do so I am dropping as well.
Whip
not dropping
Kaeldori

RosonFR wrote:

Player Name: RosonFR
Favorite Map: ZUN remixed by Leaf - Resurrection spell I think
Something Random: Bonjour le peuple :D
Cool un belge o/
Topic Starter
UtaXB

ivo2002 wrote:

No free mod picks?
No, finding good freemod maps is quite difficult.
show more