forum

am I just cursed? .__. aka "let out your salt" mega-thread.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kunino Sagiri

jaaakb wrote:

if you pay more attention on cursor (with a low input lag/display delay) this doesn't happen
You don't know what you're talking about. There's more to osu than just moving your cursor, reading and tapping that influences a successful FC or lack thereof.
dung eater

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

jaaakb wrote:

if you pay more attention on cursor (with a low input lag/display delay) this doesn't happen
You don't know what you're talking about. There's more to osu than just moving your cursor, reading and tapping that influences a successful FC or lack thereof.
way to take it out of context. i did say that is _if_ i understood what people mean by a shitmiss.

if a shitmiss is a miss where you do not know if you hit it untill after you miss, being aware of your cursor would eliminate any such misses - you already know you are off the circle before you tap

to me, a shitmiss always meant a miss that was caused by a lack of focus on cursor, solution should be simple, to pay more attention to cursor c.c
Kunino Sagiri

jaaakb wrote:

solution should be simple, to pay more attention to cursor c.c
Paying attention is just one of those dozens of influences that lets you hit.

It's not simple. These numerous influences are also the reason that people only bother to advice on playing more instead of elaborating it. There's no way we'll know what specific factor/s you lacked during that specific play/s, no FC week etc.
dung eater

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

jaaakb wrote:

solution should be simple, to pay more attention to cursor c.c
Paying attention is just one of those dozens of influences that lets you hit.

It's not simple. These numerous influences are also the reason that people only bother to advice on playing more instead of elaborating it. There's no way we'll know what specific factor/s you lacked during that specific play/s, no FC week etc.
we might have a differend undertanding of what a shitmiss is, please share yours.

mine was that a shitmiss is a miss where you realize you missed after the miss, not while you miss. this can be fixed by being aware of the state of the game (knowing where your cursor is). you can then transform all shitmisses (in parts of song that are not too fast for you to follow/be aware of cursor) into normal misses (you know how you miss, when you miss), maybe fix your aim and hit a note a bit late or just play it perfectly

afaik shitmiss is a pretty new word/term used only in this game and it's not always very clear what people mean by it
Sayorie
Almost all my shitmisses come from blinking and OCD reflexes
Kunino Sagiri

jaaakb wrote:

afaik shitmiss is a pretty new word/term used only in this game and it's not always very clear what people mean by it
I don't use that buzzword. All I know is that if you missed/continuously miss on a map you should have FC'd/""""""can perfectly FC""""""/can SS, it's either your reading, or tapping or aim or state of mind or environment, etc. or innumerable combinations of those at that current moment.

Pointless to define what exactly causes your miss. And it cannot be fixed just by "paying attention" at your cursor.
DeathHydra

jaaakb wrote:

is it a shitmiss if you know where your cursor is or how you pressed your buttons wrong when you miss or is it only a shitmiss if you realize you missed only after you miss?
When I realize I missed only after I miss. A shitmiss is just a random miss that usually doesn't happen on normal state, and I think just by being aware where the cursor is won't fix it easily. There are too many factors that could cause a shitmiss.
Sayorie
I recognize something as a shitmiss if the cause isn't directly because of a reading/tapping/aiming mistake. Even if it's an unreasonable mistake, like missing on a very easy map, it's just my inconsistency. I call it a shitmiss if I missed because of me blinking, my hand or neck jerking, mosquito/fly attack, pen grip slipping or when something itches.
KanoSet
when i shitmiss it's usaully my cursor going a bit away from the circle - for whatever reason.. arm tensing up cuz of nervous or so - and that can be limited if you are aware where is your cursor is.. it will reduce the possibility for me to over aim
i agree with jaaakb on this.. but ofc you can't eliminate your nervous by that
you do it by playing more i guess or listen to shia labeouf, JUST DO IT
Fukita

tonystarks2 wrote:

I'm cursed on this map :o

Sorry for asking here, but what is your skin D: ?
Minhtam

Fukita wrote:

tonystarks2 wrote:

Looks like a Toradora themed skin to me.
_Indeketsu

Fukita wrote:

tonystarks2 wrote:

t/421272 :)
Lambykinz
Usually these kinds of misses happen when I'm nearing the end of the song and I'm like "OMG I'M GOING TO FC THIS SUPER HARD MAP AAAAAA" and then I miss. And then I try again and I screw up 10 more times because I'm just getting too nervous.

When this happens I just calm down, play maps I KNOW I can FC everytime, maybe take a small break from playing for a bit, watch some YouTube videos, and then go back. Then I'm able to finally FC.

Hope that helps.
efuru
The more you play the more chance you have at not shitmissing
N0thingSpecial

efuru wrote:

The more you play the more chance you have at not shitmissing
if you don't play at all your don't shit miss at all
Topic Starter
TMiracle
Deva
I lol'd
N0thingSpecial
So this thread is still going.

My S in my top ranks is slowly being replaced by As
Topic Starter
TMiracle

N0thingSpecial wrote:

So this thread is still going.

My S in my top ranks is slowly being replaced by As

Ye, I think it's a good place to shovel your salt and get it out of your system.
So you can get back with clear mind and get even more salt.

Should I rename the topic to ''1miss salt mine mega-thread'' or something? XD
Deva
I just came here to let out my salt

So i played maps i felt like playing and got this. Perfect answer to this topic.