forum

An Open Letter to the osu! Staff.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[TaikoTori]
Hey guys, first of all, i have no clue where to post this, so i decided General Discussion is as good as its going to get.

So, i have made a video talking about the recent Ranking Criteria chaos that ensued just a few hours ago. (For reference: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/420223&start=0 ) But it is not so much about the issue itself, but more about the way the staff works with the community. I am in no way insulting anyone, or salty. I just hope to clarify what i - and other people - think about the whole miscommunication issue that's been around for quite some time. I really do not aim to upset anybody with this, i am just pointing out a few things.

Also, this video was one take. I am not a native speaker, and i never do videos with scripts. Sorry for the few things here and there that were mispronounced.
But i included the Letter in the description to read.

Here goes nothing:
Jiroski_old

[TaikoTori] wrote:

I would have posted the [youtube] but it does not work for some reason.
try this [youtube]NhJbBNn7HGY[/youtube ]

but without that space at the end.
Topic Starter
[TaikoTori]

Jiroski wrote:

[TaikoTori] wrote:

I would have posted the [youtube] but it does not work for some reason.
try this [youtube]NhJbBNn7HGY[/youtube ]

but without that space at the end.
Done, thanks!
Jiroski_old
No problem and I've listened a bit from your video and I do have to say you remind me of creepymcpasta who voices over creepy pasta stories.
Thize
I totally agree with your position. Thank you for your effort, I unfortunately can't do more than appreciate it! :)
Babble

peppy wrote:

This has been released without consensus from the whole team. Not sure why.

Locking for now pending further internal discussion; we already have more than enough feedback in this thread (holy crap, fastest moving thread ever on the osu! forums?!). Rest assured we won't be pushing this on anyone just yet. I haven't even read the opening post here.
Don't get your panties in a knot. Also this topic should probably be in the development/ranking criteria subforums.

The optimism in your video is refreshing, however, I don't think you realize how big of a game osu! is. Gathering community input was a viable technique back in 2010-2011, but since Twitch came along osu! has garnered an enormous amount of attention. Changes will happen outside of the common playerbase's control. Granted, there can always be a mass opposition to change, like what is currently happening to the proposed ranking criteria (which I am opposed to, by the way). But at the end of the day, input via forum posts is the most that we as common players can offer. Perhaps it will change the proposition, perhaps not. And like the quote from peppy states, there was not a consensus among the alumni/staff regarding this change. Therefore, it is much too early to worry about it.

Just continue to play video games.