forum

Mapset and Spread Restructure (Proposed)

posted
Total Posts
show more
worst fl player
APRIL FOOLS

KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA
KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA
Trizept
im offended
Yuza
I'm just another player that'll probably have no impact in whether this goes through or not, but this is not the future of osu!
Timorisu
So in the past I've nearly always gotten complaints about my spread not being even enough. Now that I am actually working towards making the difficulty progression as nice and linear as possible, and create an ELEVEN diff spread with EENNHHIIXXX difficulties, you're telling me that the most logical and probably best approach to even difficulty spreads is not allowed anymore? Are you seriously telling me that in order to make this set rankable I have to delete more than HALF OF THE GOD DAMN SET???
This rule is about the worst thing that's happened to the ranking system in a long shot, if it isn't totally the worst thing I've come across yet.

The marathon rule is seriously stupid too. Some songs are just made to have extremely hard difficulties. Mapping anything under a certain treshhold wouldn't do the song justice and quite frankly even worsen the set.

Seriously the WORST decision this game has ever had yet. And I mean it.
Alyseka
Well everyone, ITS TIME TO GRAB YOUR PITCHFORKS
WE HAVE A WIDE VARIETY OF PITCHFORKS AVAILABLE TODAY

---E
---F
---€
------<
▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一E
︻̷̿┻̿═━═━E
▄︻̷̿┻̿═━━━╥━══E

AND FINALLY, OUR BEST SELLER

-----卐
Kimitakari

Squigly wrote:

How about, we don't do this. :)
Kaine
Just posting to let future readers know I was here
Deltmin
Everyone being so negative??? :^((
Someone should really thank our Osu!academy professor for knowing exactly what the problems are in the mapping community.
Thanks ztrot !!!
:DDD
CrimsonClaw
Please argue in an objektive manner and stop posting those passive-aggressive memes.

This is addressed to all reposters who keep shitposting.
Spy
Can we insert some osu meme here
zyoi
actually rank maps are slowly decreasing
and this rule will cause no rank map xd
Enkidu
t/420229

Assuming this is what the council is for, instead of posting memes let's just fill their inboxes with our concerns. That's why they're part of congress on the Council, right?
Maruyu
I completely agree with these changes!

As a newbie player, I really hate these really good, fun-to-play, creative maps, so I really need a lower difficulty to play :D

On top of that, I play on a really low resolution, so when mappers map a lot of diffs, they make me scroll a lot on my beatmaps and that annoys the fuck out of me :c

Good job, osu! staff, I think the community will love this in time!!!!!!!!!!!! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Anxient
dear osu!academy principal,

dont fix things that arent broken
xLolicore-
End me
Bence
no
Natsu
in first place this is a community game, WE DONT NEED A COUNCIL, we need open discussions about new rules, I hope this big disagreement, between your council and the community make you step back guys. This rule do more bad than good, listen to the comunity thanks.
Zerss
500 posts incoming
i hate pp

CrimsonClaw wrote:

Please argue in an objektive manner and stop posting those passive-aggressive memes.

This is addressed to all reposters who keep shitposting.
To be honest I feel like if I gave any insightful feedback or a good argument, it would just go ignored anyways.

This was a rule that was made out of the blue and it doesnt seem like anybody at all knew about it before hand considering the amount of QAT's and BN's getting upset over it.

The least he could have done was give a warning or make a discussion post on it whether to make it official or not
UwU Gaming

Strykerto wrote:

---E
---F
---€
------<
▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一E
︻̷̿┻̿═━═━E
▄︻̷̿┻̿═━━━╥━══E

-----卐
What about the Torches
Hullahopp
I demand democracy
joolomasta
All this does is limit the use of different mapping styles even further.

People have been complaining about "pp mapping" and that most of the newer maps are mapped with the same style which uses a lot of repeated back-and-forth jumps and a high OD. It's kind of relevant, because if you look at the insane difficulties in recently ranked songs, you will see that most of them fall into this mapping style.

Then there are maps that have several insanes. Often these GD insanes are mapped in a different style, which gives people of different skill levels the opportunity to enjoy the map. With the new rule, the mapper is essentially forced to delete the GD insanes and rank the map with his "pp mapping" style insane, because that is the difficulty that will get played the most. This leads to most maps having the same style insane.

TLDR: Enjoy playing the same map 100 times with a different song in the background.
RePhantom
I bought Some Pitchforks
----卐
----卐
----卐
----卐
----卐
haha5957
wow i left a post here!
DeletedUser_3886246

Hullahopp wrote:

I demand democracy
Let's make a petetion
Pronounta
Peppy, FYI, it's valentines day in Japan, not april fools day.

Decided to make a straw poll. The results show that this certainly was the best decision regarding osu ever made. http://strawpoll.me/6805999
wailord2700

Natsu wrote:

in first place this is a community game, WE DONT NEED A COUNCIL, we need open discussions about new rules, I hope this big disagreement, between your council and the community make you step back guys. This rule do more bad than good, listen to the comunity thanks.
Deltmin

Anxient wrote:

dear osu!academy principal,

dont fix things that arent broken
Bara-

TheBestName wrote:

Strykerto wrote:

---E
---F
---€
------<
▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一E
︻̷̿┻̿═━═━E
▄︻̷̿┻̿═━━━╥━══E

-----卐
What about the Torches
Not enough
Dea ex machina
HOLy
Chewin

Natsu wrote:

*gives medal*
Ace3DF
my nips are semi hard from all of this
GIDZ

NO MORE MEMES GUYS GIVE IT UP
Kimitakari

Ace3DF wrote:

my nips are semi hard from all of this
same
Ideal
everyone ·︻̷̿┻̿═━一 new criteria
Pen on fire

Azer wrote:

Yauxo wrote:

Did anyone actually notice this?

This literally takes all the "community" out of the "community game". Why would you even want to do that.

What the actual fuck
no fucking way this is true.. holy fuck how can anyone think this is a good idea
Zerss

G3m4sSt4ffLP wrote:

Hullahopp wrote:

I demand democracy
Let's make a petetion
I can make a petiton about the fact that we should make a petition!
Kiss of Life

Natsu wrote:

Exactly, thanks.
Suisei XYousoro
Just leaving it here as well to sum up my reaction in a nutshell.

Lex TheGayOtter
no
show more