forum

Mapset and Spread Restructure (Proposed)

posted
Total Posts
show more
dong
Syph

Rumia- wrote:

you guys instead of let your emotions controls you , better date me for valentine dude , its been 47 mins and i dont have gf sad
i will date u 4 valentine

I honestly don't understand why we need these changes
Buttercup

just no
Raediaufar
my map is NHH diff and if I do NHI the I will be overmap what should I do aaaaaaa

I hope this is just a meme
Ideal
this is probably a huge prank gone wrong in the hood :^)
ZTH
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Sylvette

Nhawak wrote:

just no
Arf
Everything I wanted to say has been said already but I mean, what were you thinking guys? Who does this benefit? I don't really mind the approval rule, but one diff per icon? As others have said, this doesn't benefit players, who now have less variety, it kills mappers and GD mappers who want to express the song their way, and if, as you said, the mapper must make a new mapset for more diffs, doesn't that create more work for the BNG and QAT? Work that is unnecessary since you could just have all the Insanes in one mapset? I don't understand, to be perfectly honest.
RePhantom
Rip OUWSUU 2k16 we Will Never forget
gregest

Rumia- wrote:

quick add me on skyp b4 u get 400h silence !!1 xd
ok bby wats ur name we can fug
Raediaufar
do post as f
Slim James
just dumb...
Zerss
I remember when someone talked with me about some ideas of rules that we could add. They told us that we should ask to the community what they think about our ideas of rules.

AND YOU ADD THIS LIKE THAT WITHOUT LETTING THE COMMUNITY THINK ABOUT IT?

is this 1st April?
Raediaufar
yea
Shirona

i've never seen before
forum is burning
thx for xxxxx and xxxxxx
you make it
Chromoxx
kill it before it lays eggs
Swash
To be honest, I wrote an entire essay and the osu website froze up when I tried to reply so I'll just keep this short. I probably should have saved a draft.

Removing the ability to create multiple insane difficulties and stating you want to add variety is the most stupid thing I've ever heard. I want to play multiple insane difficulties on a map I like, especially as the start difficulty raises. People would have to add variety this way by mapping the same song over, and over again.

I was going to finally upload a map I was actually going to try to rank, and I have no reason to now. It has multiple of the same difficulties, so what's the point? I have to remove my hard work? Thanks.

I would go into more detail. Afraid to lose all my wording again.
toybot

appleeaterx wrote:

It's really heartwarming that almost the whole community can finally agree with something for the first time; this new rule is bullshit!
xLolicore-
I still can't believe this
Sylphi
the answer is simple. stop thinking and say no.
[TaikoTori]

ZTH wrote:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
listen to this person!

also, apparently many people would like to eat ice cream right now. I should open an ice cream factory.
Chewin
Isn't it a bit early for April fool?
Kamikaze

Rumia- wrote:

you guys instead of let your emotions controls you , better date me for valentine dude , its been 47 mins and i dont have gf sad
yo Rumi sex me tbh
Chemistry
meow
Sylvette

Flamie Spidlow wrote:

i've never seen before
forum is burning
thx for xxxxx and xxxxxx
you make it
Ayy lmao
Doomsday is Bad

Chewin wrote:

Isn't it a bit early for April fool?
Konomi_old_1
Actually, I wanna eat ice cream now because I don't have a gf on the Valentine's Day.
Agka

-Kamikaze- wrote:

Rumia- wrote:

yo Rumi sex me tbh
lets make that a 3way
Broccoly
you know something's fucked up when 2 pages of comments appear every minute
Hula
One thing I'm confused about is that insanes are restricted to one per set. So why has light insanes now been totally forgotten? They exist, they're like entry levels to insanes between hard and what a stereotypical insane feels like.

The most unenjoyable mapsets come from sets which jump from Hard -> very hard insane and nothing inbetween the two, a lot of players play a lot of the light insanes and middle ground insanes on mapsets before even considering the extras.

Also, does my star icon which I got from Irre on my Sigma set t/248186 void it from this new ruleset? It's such an old set now and I don't see the problem with me trying to get diffs which fill in gaps. What I don't understand is that this set is now unrankable yet each diff is easier/harder than the other, so the spread is going to be more immaculate than new sets, also I'll be sad to remove diffs.

I appreciate the idea behind this new ruleset, the problem is, why did you implement it before discussing it on the forums? It's inherently going to have issues like you missing out easy hards and very hards, light insanes and insanes. Who decides what's an extra and what's not, it's clear what insanes are.

An example of entry level light insane would be - https://osu.ppy.sh/b/654453&m=0 Without this diff, the mapset would be inaccessible to a lot of players, and Aiceo's diff is far from an Extra.
Nozhomi

Zerss wrote:

I remember when someone talked with me about some ideas of rules that we could add. They told us that we should ask to the community what they think about our ideas of rules.

AND YOU ADD THIS LIKE THAT WITHOUT LETTING THE COMMUNITY THINK ABOUT IT?

is this 1st April?
If only dude, we all hope it is ^^'
Surono

Raediaufar wrote:

my map is NHH diff and if I do NHI the I will be overmap what should I do aaaaaaa

I hope this is just a meme
meme in valentine day, or this stuff make ppl for pathetic. or bla
Shohei Ohtani
Shout-out to everyone suddenly being an activist and talking about poor staff communication skills when i literally talk about it all the time but people are like "lmao shut up Reditum"

Like im just going to go ahead and link the post I made where, when promoting activism and involvement in the development of an effective modding system, to where I was told "hahah just wait patiently for what master feeds us instead of sharing your opinion and expressing concerns", and nobody reallt seemed to disagree except for me and a few others, but now everyone is vehemently acting as if theyve been in support of activism for as long as theyve been alive: p/4797100

Mini-rant aside, While it would have been nice to have had this announced a little bit before being put into place, i think theres some benefits to this.

I think for this to be effective, there needs to be an acknowledgement of a more diverse spread of difficulty in terms of insanes. Because i agree that having like 2 hards is fucking retarded, but there are instances when 2 insanes act as logical stepping stones to difficulty, and i think they should be defined by two different difficulty names rather than excluded.

I entirely dont agree with the approval category rules. While it doest affect me much as i tend not to reach past insane difficulty in my maps, there is a lot of validity of having 5 minute intense-only mapsets. Especially seeing as i come from a time where you could get ANYTHING approved, it makes no sense to limit things.

Im curious to see how this turns out. I think that this actually tackles a lot of issues that have been "taboo" to discuss (aka. Cramming maps with difficulties, spread issues, etc), but id hope that it could be a dynamic system, and that we would someday receive either changes to rules that the majority of the community seem to disagree with, or there are explanations as why this seems to be the beat course of action.
worst fl player
DONT MIND ME JUST TAKING MY NAZIS FOR A WALK
Rumia-

CptBlackBird wrote:

Rumia- wrote:

quick add me on skyp b4 u get 400h silence !!1 xd
ok bby wats ur name we can fug
@nikamirulhamzah looo thx
Poi Panda

Broccoly wrote:

so accurate
Sylvette
Someone make a petition to remove these rules.

Will get 325,000 signatures in a minute.
MEGAtive
Maybe this whole thing is a Valentine Fool since April Fool is not here.
Ascendance

Rumia- wrote:

hi<3
UndeadCapulet

Broccoly wrote:

How many pages will we reach before they revert the rule?

My money's on 50!
show more