forum

Mapset and Spread Restructure (Proposed)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Side

Shiguri wrote:

rip lazy mappers
ya rip
Len
HEY MOM!!!!!!!! IM MAKING 129073109237901232130971630912739021STAR DIFF NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
WITH 1*EASY 2*NORMAL 3*HARD 4*INSANE 5*EXTRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MJGHD
This sounds purely useless. You're restricting the amount of difficulties for the sake of it.
Nemis
What the fuck is this...
worst fl player
GIDZ - UR MUM
Cellina

Len wrote:

HEY MOM!!!!!!!! IM MAKING 129073109237901232130971630912739021STAR DIFF NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
Keada
Rip approval maps \.-./
toybot

Come[Back]Home wrote:

mintong89 wrote:

This is ridiculous then how we can balance the gap the hard is too hard or something like that? make more easier? that is not a solution
Well, there are still Light Insanes, Hard+ etc. shouldnt be a problem.
these rules make light insanes and hard+ extinct
Ideal
I swear, if this isn't a troll, RIP osu!.
Really hoping this is.
Community poll anyone?
Sylvette

[MJGHD] wrote:

This sounds purely useless. You're restricting the amount of difficulties for the sake of it.
wailord2700
This is a very interesting idea!
Nozhomi

Come[Back]Home wrote:

mintong89 wrote:

This is ridiculous then how we can balance the gap the hard is too hard or something like that? make more easier? that is not a solution
You don't get it lol you just can't have a Hard+ with a Hard because they're both Hard.
(Sry if your post was ironic)
xLolicore-

L-a-m-e-y [ B ] wrote:

GIDZ - UR MUM
Mum? qq
Poi Panda

Len wrote:

IM DYING
- Hakase -
It is unnecessary. >.>
Meg
no sense
[TaikoTori]

Ascendance wrote:

Spy wrote:

lmfao
also, http://www.strawpoll.me/6805738
Suisei XYousoro
This is terrible if difficulty spreads are required for Taiko/CtB/mania mapsets that have no easier diffs including marathons and compilations.

Looks like the future Taiko maps that I worked on will never materialize as single diff mapsets.
MEGAtive
Hot topic here

For rules regarding approvals, I don't really mind since it means there's more people playing the mapset.

For rules regarding one diff one map, I don't find any problem on it since I already applying this for a long time. But what'd I say is that pattern's difficulty are pretty subjective. I stumbled across many mappers that considers hard to execute patterns as normal patterns. Aren't that means Mapper A's Hard is considered as hard as Mapper B's Normal?

And,
If you wish to get your mapsets with multiple difficulties of the same level ranked, we advise you to split it off into a new mapset.
Are you telling mappers to rank an exactly same song twice or more if he got many styles to express?
Sylvette

Len wrote:

LMAO
JamesHappy

Side wrote:

PLz n0 k1ll m4pp3r sp1r17
DeletedUser_1574070
O K D A D!
Akitoshi

Rizia wrote:

rip osu

worst idea ever
I can't agree on the 1diff per Icon :(
Mafumafu

Come[Back]Home wrote:

mintong89 wrote:

Light Insanes and Hard+ are not allowed due to the new rule
Koiyuki
ye the rc has already changed, very wonderful idea staffs, and i hope the game would be much better and better in the future!
antondan
  1. First rule seems stupid. However, since I still am not sure if I've understood correctly I wont comment more about it. (Are these gaps star rating?)

2. The second rule is ridiculous, please reconsider. Doing that not only will annoy most(all) players but it will also greatly hurt mapping. We're going to end up having our favorite song with a diff we dislike as an Insane/Extra diff (I do have many mapsets with multiple maps on Insane/Extra but I usually like only one or two of those difficulties). Also players that can play light insanes wont be able to find maps nearly that easily. (Since many light insanes are accompanied by higher star insanes -which are very popular-).
    Applying this rule will only increase the amount of mapsets!!! Can you imagine how annoying it will be having to search through 50 maps of the same song just to find the one you like? Because if someone can't make a second guest insane diff on a mapset he'll just do it on another mapset. The result will be tens of mapsets ready for approval.

3. I'm fine with the 3rd rule.
I really wish this is just a prank....
UwU Gaming
This is absolute nonsense who came up with this
Rumia-
i need hook up for valentino
Zeraph
this change is so genius you've created possibly the largest shitstorm over a change and have absolutely no one from your special little group to come up with a remark to please your distressed community. great fuckin work mateys. really outdone yourselves this time.
Zerss
Okay then, I'm out of the beatmapping community.
Goodbye.
FOREVER
i hate pp
Was this even brought up with anybody higher up in the community?

Even the QAT's and BN's heck the GLM don't like this change.
Sylvette
15 pages of people disagreeing and they still haven't changed...
Flower
I recon this as a good idea. Obviously ranking routine will be greatly simplified because nominator team never need to judge the gap between Extra to OMFGITSSKYSTAR when they are in doubt or incapable to play the difficulty. Plus mappers will have to decide which difficulty to keep, a better GD or a just-so own made diff. This will greatly increase the overall quality of qualified maps. If players want to play other mappers' difficulties, they could choose to play unrank maps, like what currently Taiko mode players do.

In other aspect, people must stay clear that it is unfair to stick their difficulties to anither mapset just because the songs name the same. It is their obligations to seek mods and ask for qualifications with their own efforts.

Everyone does know that it is unlikely to retract a newly addressed rule like slapping oneself. Thus, why shan't we enjoy it and push forward?
Ayako

antondan wrote:

1. First rule seems stupid. However, since I still am not sure if I've understood correctly I wont comment more about it. (Are these gaps star rating?)

2. The second rule is ridiculous, please reconsider. Doing that not only will annoy most(all) players but it will also greatly hurt mapping. We're going to end up having our favorite song with a diff we dislike as an Insane/Extra diff (I do have many mapsets with multiple maps on Insane/Extra but I usually like only one or two of those difficulties). Also players that can play light insanes wont be able to find maps nearly that easily. (Since many light insanes are accompanied by higher star insanes -which are very popular-).
    Applying this rule will only increase the amount of mapsets!!! Can you imagine how annoying it will be having to search through 50 maps of the same song just to find the one you like? Because if someone can't make a second guest insane diff on a mapset he'll just do it on another mapset. The result will be tens of mapsets ready for approval.

3. I'm fine with the 3rd rule.
I really wish this is just a prank....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wldE_4xjVQ
GenDoNL
Why did you do this?
In no way does this help the ranking system.

Beginners have enough maps to play, since every mapset already has easy's.
Why would they need 5min+ maps too?

We need more 6* maps, not more 3* maps.
Anze
Good
Let's make Unforgiving's Insane diff
Aerolustly

i completely disagree with this
bmax
Secondly, we limited the amount of difficulties of the same level per game mode. Every mapset is limited to one of each difficulty level per game mode.
why this seems stupid and pointless
gregest
I just realized something, if somebody makes a full spread for centipede, it can get ranked? cuz the gap doesn't matter between extra and ultra :^))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Makeli

Cheesecake wrote:

Democratic People's Republic of osu!
show more