forum

Mapset and Spread Restructure (Proposed)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nezkcat_old
This thread is hilarious.
Mekki
That's awful...
DeletedUser_2304476

ztrot wrote:

You can add one Ultra difficulty past an Expert difficulty that does not have to increase linearly in difficulty with the rest of the spread. Keep in mind, that Ultra is a placeholder term, used to reflect a high end difficulty that has not been specified with a name yet. We put that name in place, so you guys know what we are talking about when we want to refer to the high end difficulties of a mapset.
So there can only be one 'ultra' difficulty? Does that mean that map sets like this will no longer be allowed?

ztrot wrote:

Secondly, we limited the amount of difficulties of the same level per game mode. Every mapset is limited to one of each difficulty level per game mode. While this appears very limiting at the beginning, the hybrid set rules stay intact. Don't forget that every keycount in osu!mania is considered as individual game mode, too! If you wish to get your mapsets with multiple difficulties of the same level ranked, we advise you to split it off into a new mapset.
Just why?
JappyBabes
well this is fucking retarded
Kencho
I hate this rule…………
RIP maps
Anxient
the days of
osu file format v15 are upon us
NXTKitKat
Who came up with this idea in the first place?

Tho I do agree with allowing one or more "ultra" diffs, but not the linear spread.
xLolicore-

Anxient wrote:

the days of
no pls
GIDZ
UR MUM! Hewl noh, Rito pls fix ResidentSleeper
Noffy

Anxient wrote:

the days of
??
also, in before this thread is inevitably locked to shut the community up ..~
dong
no thanks
shionelove
this thread shows the demand gap between staffs and community is quite huge
0 qf map day will soon
silmarilen
lol, i think you mixed up valentine's day and april fools.
Sylvette
Clearly with every single osu! player ever stating their disapproval, this is stupid.
Come[Back]Home

mintong89 wrote:

This is ridiculous then how we can balance the gap the hard is too hard or something like that? make more easier? that is not a solution
Well, there are still Light Insanes, Hard+ etc. shouldnt be a problem.
EphemeralFetish
As if it wasnt hard enough to rank maps in this day and age.

Rip quality mapping.

Absolutely disgusting.
Rizia
rip osu

worst idea ever
Side

Shiguri wrote:

rip lazy mappers
ya rip
Len
HEY MOM!!!!!!!! IM MAKING 129073109237901232130971630912739021STAR DIFF NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
WITH 1*EASY 2*NORMAL 3*HARD 4*INSANE 5*EXTRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MJGHD
This sounds purely useless. You're restricting the amount of difficulties for the sake of it.
Nemis
What the fuck is this...
worst fl player
GIDZ - UR MUM
Cellina

Len wrote:

HEY MOM!!!!!!!! IM MAKING 129073109237901232130971630912739021STAR DIFF NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
Keada
Rip approval maps \.-./
toybot

Come[Back]Home wrote:

mintong89 wrote:

This is ridiculous then how we can balance the gap the hard is too hard or something like that? make more easier? that is not a solution
these rules make light insanes and hard+ extinct
Ideal
I swear, if this isn't a troll, RIP osu!.
Really hoping this is.
Community poll anyone?
Sylvette

[MJGHD] wrote:

This sounds purely useless. You're restricting the amount of difficulties for the sake of it.
wailord2700
This is a very interesting idea!
Nozhomi

Come[Back]Home wrote:

mintong89 wrote:

You don't get it lol you just can't have a Hard+ with a Hard because they're both Hard.
(Sry if your post was ironic)
xLolicore-

L-a-m-e-y [ B ] wrote:

GIDZ - UR MUM
Mum? qq
Poi Panda

Len wrote:

IM DYING
- Hakase -
It is unnecessary. >.>
Meg
no sense
[TaikoTori]

Ascendance wrote:

Spy wrote:

lmfao
also, http://www.strawpoll.me/6805738
Suisei XYousoro
This is terrible if difficulty spreads are required for Taiko/CtB/mania mapsets that have no easier diffs including marathons and compilations.

Looks like the future Taiko maps that I worked on will never materialize as single diff mapsets.
MEGAtive
Hot topic here

For rules regarding approvals, I don't really mind since it means there's more people playing the mapset.

For rules regarding one diff one map, I don't find any problem on it since I already applying this for a long time. But what'd I say is that pattern's difficulty are pretty subjective. I stumbled across many mappers that considers hard to execute patterns as normal patterns. Aren't that means Mapper A's Hard is considered as hard as Mapper B's Normal?

And,
If you wish to get your mapsets with multiple difficulties of the same level ranked, we advise you to split it off into a new mapset.
Are you telling mappers to rank an exactly same song twice or more if he got many styles to express?
Sylvette

Len wrote:

LMAO
JamesHappy

Side wrote:

PLz n0 k1ll m4pp3r sp1r17
DeletedUser_1574070
O K D A D!
Akitoshi

Rizia wrote:

rip osu

worst idea ever
I can't agree on the 1diff per Icon :(
show more