forum

Mapset and Spread Restructure (Proposed)

posted
Total Posts
show more
PureFallen

ztrot wrote:

At last, we altered the requirements for Approval beatmaps. Approval mapsets must have 1 difficulty that is either an Easy, Normal, Hard or Insane. Your mapset must contain an Insane difficulty if an Expert or Ultra difficulty is present. This means that every Approval containing only an Expert or Ultra difficulty must receive a second difficulty. If you do not wish to map more than one difficulty for your Approval sets, we would advise you to keep the single difficulty at Insane level or below.

Well, i can already smell that this will crash some currently pending beatmaps.

Also this "restrictions" (i don´t call it restructure) may decrease the amount of maps instead of rebalance the difficulty for all players.
Bara-
Can;t there be a "cummunity's voice" poll about it?
mintong89
This is ridiculous then how we can balance the gap the hard is too hard or something like that? make more easier? that is not a solution
Natteke desu

Anxient wrote:

itll be soon until peppy comes in and tells everyone to wank wank dick dicks shut the fuck up
fuck a donkey™
Doyak

ztrot wrote:

Easy Normal Hard Insane Expert < and if you can make a proper spread you are rewarded to break away and test your limits as a mapper and make a ultra diff
So you're stating that easier diffs require much less effort than Ultras so it's an unimportant thing? Is this game exist only for the 8 star maps?

ztrot wrote:

it is to streamline the mapping process make things more clear as I have stated
I don't know why is that even need to be more clear. Good mapsets with good difficulties and spread should be ranked. No? How does having more diffs would even hurt it?

ztrot wrote:

That being said as long as there is progression why do you need two insanes in the same set?
Actually I think that Easy Normal Hard Insane Expert Ultra nameset is nothing but a name. So the community already knows that what fits to each difficulty, so they know that Light Insane is easier than Insane and harder than Hard. Why having this kind of difficulty is bad? Who decided that "next to Hard should be always harder as much as the Insane - Hard gap"? Is (Insane - Hard)/2 gap bad? Why?
Ascendance

Len wrote:

its very interesting rule
Poi Panda

Len wrote:

calm down moe ppls

we can make 1903280192380912star diff and can get ranke now
its very interesting rule
Waiting for this!!
Cheesecake
Democratic People's Republic of osu!
Sylvette
Clearly, nobody likes these new changes.
PLEASE, CHANGE THESE. THEY ARE COMPLETELY RETARDED.
Zone
Please dont actually make this a thing. Rip guest diffs...
unko
I was gonna voice my opinion on this but then realized this thread is getting 3 pages of said opinion every minute.

says something doesn't it hehe
Poi Panda

Bara- wrote:

Can;t there be a "cummunity's voice" poll about it?
Don't be ridiculous. Of course you don't get a choice in what happens.
lit120
I 100% believe that a lot of mappers won't map anymore if this rules are already finalized
Ideal
WutFace DansGame
Really now? This is going to kill at least half of the current mapsets from having a chance of being ranked. Come on now...
Shiguri
rip lazy mappers
Sylvette

Idealism wrote:

WutFace DansGame
Really now? This is going to kill at least half of the current mapsets from having a chance of being ranked. Come on now...
This.

I've made a mapset with a fucking ton of difficulties and I finished it yesterday. Now I've got to delete all my hard work? Fuck it.
E m i

Microsoft Vista wrote:

I was gonna voice my opinion on this but then realized this thread is getting 3 pages of said opinion every minute.

says something doesn't it hehe
hi nookls big fan :d
Noffy

Shiguri wrote:

rip lazy mappers
and what about the mappers who exist out there that love a song so much they map tons of difficulties for it all on their own? rip to them too.
Nezkcat_old
This thread is hilarious.
Mekki
That's awful...
DeletedUser_2304476

ztrot wrote:

You can add one Ultra difficulty past an Expert difficulty that does not have to increase linearly in difficulty with the rest of the spread. Keep in mind, that Ultra is a placeholder term, used to reflect a high end difficulty that has not been specified with a name yet. We put that name in place, so you guys know what we are talking about when we want to refer to the high end difficulties of a mapset.
So there can only be one 'ultra' difficulty? Does that mean that map sets like this will no longer be allowed?

ztrot wrote:

Secondly, we limited the amount of difficulties of the same level per game mode. Every mapset is limited to one of each difficulty level per game mode. While this appears very limiting at the beginning, the hybrid set rules stay intact. Don't forget that every keycount in osu!mania is considered as individual game mode, too! If you wish to get your mapsets with multiple difficulties of the same level ranked, we advise you to split it off into a new mapset.
Just why?
JappyBabes
well this is fucking retarded
Kencho
I hate this rule…………
RIP maps
Anxient
the days of
osu file format v15 are upon us
NXTKitKat
Who came up with this idea in the first place?

Tho I do agree with allowing one or more "ultra" diffs, but not the linear spread.
xLolicore-

Anxient wrote:

the days of
no pls
GIDZ
UR MUM! Hewl noh, Rito pls fix ResidentSleeper
Noffy

Anxient wrote:

the days of
??
also, in before this thread is inevitably locked to shut the community up ..~
dong
no thanks
shionelove
this thread shows the demand gap between staffs and community is quite huge
0 qf map day will soon
silmarilen
lol, i think you mixed up valentine's day and april fools.
Sylvette
Clearly with every single osu! player ever stating their disapproval, this is stupid.
Come[Back]Home

mintong89 wrote:

This is ridiculous then how we can balance the gap the hard is too hard or something like that? make more easier? that is not a solution
Well, there are still Light Insanes, Hard+ etc. shouldnt be a problem.
EphemeralFetish
As if it wasnt hard enough to rank maps in this day and age.

Rip quality mapping.

Absolutely disgusting.
Rizia
rip osu

worst idea ever
Side

Shiguri wrote:

rip lazy mappers
ya rip
Len
HEY MOM!!!!!!!! IM MAKING 129073109237901232130971630912739021STAR DIFF NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
WITH 1*EASY 2*NORMAL 3*HARD 4*INSANE 5*EXTRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MJGHD
This sounds purely useless. You're restricting the amount of difficulties for the sake of it.
Nemis
What the fuck is this...
worst fl player
GIDZ - UR MUM
show more