forum

Mapset and Spread Restructure (Proposed)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Noffy

Nozhomi wrote:

Lust wrote:

changes like this reminds me why i dont want to be involved with the ranking process anymore
I guess no more to add here.

95% of posts here disagree with that new rule, so pls stop that and reconsider your work on this one.

Looked through it, it's looking more like 100% from anyone that didn't make this decision. The only place I see agreement is for the approval rule.
Who does this benefit?
Mappers? No, it's incredibly limiting.
Players? No, it gives them less variety to pick from.
..why?
Fezu
All I see here is someone having OCD and needed a ruleset to calm themselves down from it.
Shirona
RIP TOKYO
I LOVE IT
Garden

Yuii- wrote:

Happy Valentine's Day to people on Asia.
Nyari
I feel like this is one of the issues where you kinda want a consensus when everyone is actually there, even if 10% doesn't agree, the entire structure behind the beatmap shouldnt be able to be changed, as it is arguably the biggest part of the entire video game.
kisata
Zero community discussion. Even before considering how awful some of these new rules are - to have this simply rammed down our throats is a joke. At least we know how you really feel about this "community" now.
Azer
This is way too limiting and it's obvious the negatives of this change far outweigh the sole positive.. It's clear by the levels of backlash this post has received and I hope there is consideration to compensate for or revert these changes..
XiMerx
how about putting this into guidelines thank
Agka
posting in epic thread
Enkidu
RIP my two hour long undertale marathon
Poi Panda

XiMerx wrote:

how about putting this into guidelines thank
or just completely removing
that would be good
Shulin
Rules and Guidelines are from now on solely pushed by the Council and their discussions.
osu! dictatorship :P
CXu
Mint
This Spread™ isn't really a good thing I guess after reading the thread lol...

I really hope you guys can reconsider that diff limitation tho. What's wrong with having more options for the player?
XII
How about....No
Anxient
itll be soon until peppy comes in and tells everyone to wank wank dick dicks shut the fuck up
Kyouren
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/413877
R.I.P ;w;
sadly ;_;
Rumia-
2015 was great
Aricin
this reeks of autism
Nyari

CXu wrote:

-Genesis
holy. the limiting to 1 diff per difficulty level will ruin good spreads NotLikeThis
XII

Homestuck wrote:

RIP my two hour long undertale marathon
Don't worry, just make a 1 star diff of it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Reillia
Nice. This completely ruined current mapping theories.
Nerova Riuz GX
Oh god, i have to do something for this community.

Let's change the rule!

But i won't make any real discussion and poll because people won't agree with this nonsense
sionKotori

Side wrote:

PLz n0 k1ll m4pp3r sp1r17 kthx
BAldoTridentE
xd
Poi Panda
This is absurd.

Goodbye guest difficulties.

Goodbye long, difficult marathon maps.

Goodbye big mapsets with a variety of difficulties to play.
SpectorDG
quit is better
Yuii-

Asahina Momoko wrote:

ztrot wrote:

Hello everyone, ztrot here with some exciting new news!
the best ironic phrase 2k16
How come we don't have a "+1" button? Because this comment is PERFECT.
Hard Rock

PinkHeart wrote:

So that means I can't rank two Insane of different styles just because they got same stars?
Yes. I seriously don't understand what good this could possibly accomplish.

As solely a player and not a mapper I think this is completely stupid. I love the variety that multiple insanes/extras and guest diffs bring. PP weights need to be fixed(technical/sliders worth more, jump patterns less), we DON'T need to be limiting variety and creativity in mapsets. That is one of the GOOD things about mapping right now.
Xiraen
After checking my calendar, I am now certain it ain't april fools' yet. Can't say any of the changes would be good in my opinion. If a beatmap is good, why should it not be ranked just because it lacks lower difficulties? Why shouldn't two good insanes be ranked in the same map set?

tldr; imo the changes are fucking retarded
Surono
I need remap my GDs, or own mapper need improve his diff. or idk, oke. I just a flow river~
Kitami Erika
Literally some exciting new news!
Nozhomi

CXu wrote:

I love you CXu, you resume it perfectly ♥
xLolicore-

PoisonPanda wrote:

This is absurd.

Goodbye guest difficulties.

Goodbye long, difficult marathon maps.

Goodbye big mapsets with a variety of difficulties to play.
I feel discouraged at trying to map now :'(
Len
calm down moe ppls

we can make 1903280192380912star diff and can get ranke now
its very interesting rule
Starfy
The more the restriction on mappers, the more the frustration and pressure they have
To be honest, these rules are terrible since it limits the freedom of creating a map
I don't see any reason that mapsets are needed to be limited to one of each difficulty level per game mode
More difficulties can provide a larger variety for players to play, and allow them to experience different kinds of mapping style in one map
Is this a fault?
More difficulties can provide a more perfect diff-spread for the map, players can select a appropriate difficulty to play and have fun
Is this a fault?
Stop limiting our creativity please
We are black and blue because of the higher restriction of ranking criteria
Alheak
fuk
Weber
well this is truly the worst idea, ever

it's been said multiple times, but having limitations on the amount of difficult maps is something that absolutely no one asked for, why was this even thought of in the first place? what the fuck?

secondly, FORCING difficult marathon maps to have insanes is just

god

how did you guys come up with this

imagine if this rule came out earlier and furioso melodia or tengaku was forced to have an insane difficulty

the reason these maps are so special is BECAUSE THEY ONLY HAVE ONE DIFFICULTY AND ITS HARD AS SHIT and it's the mapper's vision on what he wanted to make with the map, difficulty-wise

this is the exact same kind of logic mappers would use to "hit a certain difficulty star rating" through the use of very intense sections, not fitting the song, except opposite

you are forcing mappers to make something easier than their intended vision of the song and thats ridiculous AND time consuming
Makeli
Guess I'll go map a 5* CS6 Insane for my approval map then
show more