forum

Mapset and Spread Restructure (Proposed)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Akasha-
Thanks for increasing more maps which need to overmapped to surepassed this rules
Kellan
It's worth mentioning that, under these new rules, NONE of the maps currently on the "Most Played Beatmaps" would have gotten ranked.
Isn't that an obvious sign that this is a terrible decision?
meii18
I do not really agree with the new structure of the spread I mean for example if the spread between easy and normal is kinda huge,it needs another normal,a new one normal and the old one being renamed to Advanced or if the spread between hard and Insane is too kinda huge it needs a difficulty named hyper or light insane but yes,the difficulties which causes problems with the spread can be tuned down just my though.
Also I agree with the spread for approval mapsets regarding Insane and Extra because there are some players who cannot pass the Extra difficulties let's say or passing the high bpm streams.Just my opinion.
stal

Loctav wrote:

Desperate-kun wrote:

Most of the members of the council were not online when this was discussed.
let me fix that. 10% were not online.
nice to know you guys had the time to proofread your thread etc. but can't even schedule a meeting.
Yuii-
Happy Valentine's Day to people on Asia.
Sonnyc
#BestAprilFoolsDay

oh wait, it's Valentines Day! Enjoy chocolate everyone <3
Ayako
Cellina
Come on, this completely ruined and ignored current mapping stuffs.
Rave-up
this shit is pretty entertaining to watch i can't even lie
Nozhomi

Lust wrote:

changes like this reminds me why i dont want to be involved with the ranking process anymore
I guess no more to add here.

95% of posts here disagree with that new rule, so pls stop that and reconsider your work on this one.
Ascendance

Spy wrote:

lmfao
Asahina Momoko

ztrot wrote:

Hello everyone, ztrot here with some exciting new news!
the best ironic phrase 2k16
Anxient
this is put in the beatmaps section

so please

QATs

DQ this rule map im begging you
Ayako
is this when strawpoll comes in handy? or is it too hard to make one
KaedekaShizuru
0.2 1.69 3.74 5.24 10.0 best spread
Fia
So that means I can't rank two Insane of different styles just because they got same stars?
Noffy

Nozhomi wrote:

Lust wrote:

changes like this reminds me why i dont want to be involved with the ranking process anymore
I guess no more to add here.

95% of posts here disagree with that new rule, so pls stop that and reconsider your work on this one.

Looked through it, it's looking more like 100% from anyone that didn't make this decision. The only place I see agreement is for the approval rule.
Who does this benefit?
Mappers? No, it's incredibly limiting.
Players? No, it gives them less variety to pick from.
..why?
Fezu
All I see here is someone having OCD and needed a ruleset to calm themselves down from it.
Shirona
RIP TOKYO
I LOVE IT
Garden

Yuii- wrote:

Happy Valentine's Day to people on Asia.
Nyari
I feel like this is one of the issues where you kinda want a consensus when everyone is actually there, even if 10% doesn't agree, the entire structure behind the beatmap shouldnt be able to be changed, as it is arguably the biggest part of the entire video game.
kisata
Zero community discussion. Even before considering how awful some of these new rules are - to have this simply rammed down our throats is a joke. At least we know how you really feel about this "community" now.
Azer
This is way too limiting and it's obvious the negatives of this change far outweigh the sole positive.. It's clear by the levels of backlash this post has received and I hope there is consideration to compensate for or revert these changes..
XiMerx
how about putting this into guidelines thank
Agka
posting in epic thread
Enkidu
RIP my two hour long undertale marathon
Poi Panda

XiMerx wrote:

how about putting this into guidelines thank
or just completely removing
that would be good
Shulin
Rules and Guidelines are from now on solely pushed by the Council and their discussions.
osu! dictatorship :P
CXu
Mint
This Spread™ isn't really a good thing I guess after reading the thread lol...

I really hope you guys can reconsider that diff limitation tho. What's wrong with having more options for the player?
XII
How about....No
Anxient
itll be soon until peppy comes in and tells everyone to wank wank dick dicks shut the fuck up
Kyouren
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/413877
R.I.P ;w;
sadly ;_;
Rumia-
2015 was great
Aricin
this reeks of autism
Nyari

CXu wrote:

-Genesis
holy. the limiting to 1 diff per difficulty level will ruin good spreads NotLikeThis
XII

Homestuck wrote:

RIP my two hour long undertale marathon
Don't worry, just make a 1 star diff of it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Reillia
Nice. This completely ruined current mapping theories.
Nerova Riuz GX
Oh god, i have to do something for this community.

Let's change the rule!

But i won't make any real discussion and poll because people won't agree with this nonsense
show more