forum

Steam Overlay Compatibility [answered] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Red Deft
I play this game running it on Valve's Steam Application, but the overlay doesn't correctly work with it. It won't allow me to shift+tab in order to open it or reply to msgs. I was wondering if there was any way this could be fixed? Or allow a private msg window to open when you are pm'ing someone so that it doesn't have to show up in the mess of everyone else's chat and it would be easier to follow.
awp
This works with Steam?
Topic Starter
Red Deft
It opens up, but the overlay won't popup :<. Steam works with all games, i even use it for WoW :O
peppy
There was a similar issue with Xfire, which seemed to be solved by changing a configuration setting on xfire's end (as to how it hooks to keyboard input). I wonder if stream has anything like this?
ROMaster2

peppy wrote:

There was a similar issue with Xfire, which seemed to be solved by changing a configuration setting on xfire's end (as to how it hooks to keyboard input). I wonder if stream has anything like this?
I think they configure most things automatically, I'll check myself.

Edit: Nope, no possible configurations at all, only to change the Hotkey to open it, or to disable it entirely. I tried several different keys and none of them work.
Topic Starter
Red Deft
same. Oh well, guess ill just deal with people between songs, lol.