forum

Resnap Inherited Sections Option

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +26
show more
Larto
Or just make them automatically move when you change the offset/BPM, as you also have the option to do that with notes with the "Move already placed notes when changing offset/BPM." option on the Timing Panel.
Topic Starter
NotShinta

Larto wrote:

Or just make them automatically move when you change the offset/BPM, as you also have the option to do that with notes with the "Move already placed notes when changing offset/BPM." option on the Timing Panel.
or that
Sakura

Zekira wrote:

Esecially now that we can snap to a note for soundset changes,
Really?! When was this implemented?! O_O [/late] Is there any special method you have to do or do you just put the timing section above the note?
Although you probably already know by now, but it's achieved by placing the timing section on the same time as the note, or before, it will affect the whole note

[on-topic]
Suppport!
mm201

Sakura Hana wrote:

Although you probably already know by now, but it's achieved by placing the timing section on the same time as the note, or before, it will affect the whole note
I think this much is obvious. (using the wrong sampleset was a bug) What Zekira meant was samplesets sticking to a note despite moving, pasting, etc., which sadly does not exist. I'd like something like this, but it's a huge change and I don't see it being worth the effort at this time.

On-topic: This sounds fine. I was also thinking of an 'optimize timing points' function that would automatically move a green timing point (without kiai changes) to the midpoint between the previous and next object and deletes unused sections.
RandomJibberish

MetalMario201 wrote:

On-topic: This sounds fine. I was also thinking of an 'optimize timing points' function that would automatically move a green timing point (without kiai changes) to the midpoint between the previous and next object and deletes unused sections.
YES

Goodbye, having to delete a shitload of sections when mapping easier diffs!
Larto

MetalMario201 wrote:

LuigiHann
I'd be happy if I could slide inherited sections around on the timeline
Louis Cyphre
Oh Gods, as timing noob my offset and bpm usually are not perfect + i like putting custom hitsounds and hitsounds on sliderticks, and after changing offset, this is just hell to fix whole map D:

SUPPORT x 50000000000000
Sakura

Louis Cyphre wrote:

Oh Gods, as timing noob my offset and bpm usually are not perfect + i like putting custom hitsounds and hitsounds on sliderticks, and after changing offset, this is just hell to fix whole map D:
SUPPORT x 50000000000000
for bpm yes, for offsets you can just +/- X ms to all timing sections

MetalMario201 wrote:

OMG YES <3
Sure
Yeah, I've been annoying at this.
Support!
Derekku
Heh, looks like this was an old duplicate that peppy was going to implement. I suppose I'll just keep this thread here since MM is a wizard has his own plans.
akrolsmir
... How does this thread not come up when I search for "Resnap Inherited"? Oh well. Support x infinity, to beat Louis Cyphre's big number.

On a related note, maybe add in an AI mod flag that checks for unsnapped inherited kiai sections.

/bump
OzzyOzrock
Yes to this! \:D/
DerekMcD
Support+.
Aoko
Good one~ SUPPORT+
hitmefast
omg I remember those days more than 4 hours to resnap all those inherits --.--
yes plESASEEE. xd
nimi
oh god please
LKs
no reason to reject this except for I‘ll lose the possibility to pick this issue up while modding
+1
Wafu
Support!~
Stefan
+1 Support.
Just because.
emonite
Support.
spboxer3
support.

same as 1/3 rhythm resnap in 1/4 Beat snap Divisor.
I think this problem need to fix or what?
e.g:It's not on the correct rhythm...
those
Real easy fixable problem by adding 1/12 snap beat divisor.
theowest
I just select everything but the timing section I moved and subtract or add by the amount of ms I moved the timing section by.

But this resnapping of inherited timing sections would be a much easier way to do it.
Bass
bumping, i think peppy should really add it.
Derekku
METALMARIO CAN YOU PLEASE JUST DO THIS ALREADY!?

thanks~<3
theowest
+ remove unused inherited timing sections.
peppy
Are we talking about as the result of changes on the F3 timing screen, or in the timing panel? As the timing panel already has this options, maybe it just needs to be checked by default.
HakuNoKaemi
actually, yes
it shouldn't be that hard to add too
peppy
You answered "yes" to a multiple choice question :P.
HakuNoKaemi
it's either, it can still be needed for both since some inherited section can still be off sometimes if moved with the offset (example: the number contained in the osu file "447.761194029851" do represent the length of a stanza and the "0.761194029851" can make some offset off by one ms in the last part).
So it fit in either cases (Timing Panel and F3).

Plus they refer to inherited sections, not hit circles.(I tried changing offset and they don't move)
Lanturn
Bumping. (3 year old thread yes)

HakuNoKaemi basically explained it. This is exactly why we need this.

If you move your uniherited (red timing) by a measure or two, or add a new timing to correct the start of a measure, your inherited sections might be off by 1ms. This causes the player to have to go through all of their inherited points and resnap them. If you have have a map with hundreds, this could take years.
Examples
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/608787
If this was to be moved to the correct measure of 00:00:825 - for anacrusis. Some inherited timings will be off by 1ms. Example: http://puu.sh/hvAKK.jpg

This time, it's having the uninherited in the completely wrong place. (it shouldn't have even existed. The timing should just be deleted.)
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/483390
If you look at the first kiai, you'll notice that it shouldn't have been moved back 1/2 (listen to the claps)
http://puu.sh/hvBQt.jpg

Having a button that can snap timings for things like these would be amazing. This will also be helpful for players who adjust the offset by a few MS but forget to adjust the inherited timings, instead of having to go in and manually select all of them and move by -5ms. It'd just be easier to press the button after, especially if they forgot how much they adjusted their offset by.

TL;DR
There are many cases where it'd just be a godsend to be able to resnap inherited timings as it can save a lot of time.