forum

Having a hard time with spinners

posted
Total Posts
show more
Yuudachi-kun

DeathAdderz wrote:

I used to be bad on spinners. Just spin more and you will be good eventually.

Actually it doesn't matter as long as you can get 300 on spinners.

There's one diff on caramel heaven that no one can pass with hr yet because it requires you to spin 450 for like 10 seconds or die.

My 400 spinning can't handle
chainpullz

Khelly wrote:

DeathAdderz wrote:

I used to be bad on spinners. Just spin more and you will be good eventually.

Actually it doesn't matter as long as you can get 300 on spinners.

There's one diff on caramel heaven that no one can pass with hr yet because it requires you to spin 450 for like 10 seconds or die.

My 400 spinning can't handle
There definitely are people who can. It's just a matter of time before one of the people capable of it decides to do it. If I could actually pass the rest of the map I could probably do the spinner. I fluctuated between 400-460 on the 10 second spinner near the start of puppet in the dark which you technically only have to spin4lyfe if you spaghetti 100 your way through the slow section in such a way that you don't get hp back for full 300 combos ever.

But yeah, I agree with Khelly in that it does matter though mostly only if you play HR and/or spinner30 maps. Tbh I'm pretty sure a lot of people who play HDHR habitually spin slower due to focusing more on reading the first note after the spinner than spinning bonus combo.
Yuudachi-kun
Let me change my statement to "no one has" yet. The leaderboard's top players were just HD SS's from people like toy, and I guesstimated spinning 450 seeing as I die at the last second from spinning 400-450 but not maintaining 450.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/809378&m=0
chainpullz

Khelly wrote:

Let me change my statement to "no one has" yet. The leaderboard's top players were just HD SS's from people like toy, and I guesstimated spinning 450 seeing as I die at the last second from spinning 400-450 but not maintaining 450.

It was ranked like barely over a month ago and there are 3 difficulties higher than it in the set. It's almost entirely just an issue of nobody caring enough yet. I don't know about toy but I do know Wilchq plays a lot of lower difficulties with HD when he could do them HDHR if he wanted to. Not to mention the map itself is actually fairly challenging compared to a lot of other 5.4* HR maps. If it doesn't have at least 10-15 hdhr passes by July I'd be surprised tbh.
Yuudachi-kun
I think you should try to playing it seeing as therr isn't a single (when I checked) hr PASS of a fairly popular map. We can wait, but that spinner drain is still way too high imo.
chainpullz

Khelly wrote:

I think you should try to playing it seeing as therr isn't a single (when I checked) hr PASS of a fairly popular map. We can wait, but that spinner drain is still way too high imo.
The set might be popular but that diff itself is not. It doesn't even have 2000 unique scores on it. Bass slut was ranked the same week and it's top diff has 12k play and it's 2nd highest diff has 6k. It also has the least number of plays out of all the diffs in the set. Besides the easy which probably only really got plays from scoreboard farmers and spinhackers tbh.

Edit: I also agree that having to maintain my max spin speed for 10 seconds is pretty aids. Maybe if I find a day where I'm not too unstable to actually play up to the spinner I'll see if I can retry my way to a pass.
DeathHydra
OP is quite new, that's why I said it doesn't really matter. He will improve eventually
Yuudachi-kun
new players don't matter
Floob
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/42234

watch the hdhr fc and look at this guy spin for his dear life
chainpullz

Floob wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/42234

watch the hdhr fc and look at this guy spin for his dear life
That spinner is twice as long as the one we are talking about lol.
Jellyfish McGub
i am proud of you florrow. i really am. not that it means anything
Deva

KanoSet wrote:

or get a tablet instant 400 rpm
I actually spin faster with mouse
PLEAS HALP
ithgyu

chainpullz wrote:

Khelly wrote:

It was ranked like barely over a month ago and there are 3 difficulties higher than it in the set. It's almost entirely just an issue of nobody caring enough yet. I don't know about toy but I do know Wilchq plays a lot of lower difficulties with HD when he could do them HDHR if he wanted to. Not to mention the map itself is actually fairly challenging compared to a lot of other 5.4* HR maps. If it doesn't have at least 10-15 hdhr passes by July I'd be surprised tbh.

holy shit your dumb do you not realize how easy that map is for so many people, its literally a 1 try for a rank 1 if you can do the spinner. Issue is, most cant
Yuudachi-kun
Not really since you'd need to hdhr it which I assume lowers the pool of people who can first try #1 it because hd. Toynalready has the hd ss

Actually, these days I don't doubt if thousands can hdhr
Unlike me

Unlike me
ithgyu
no doubt
chainpullz

II Jelli II wrote:

holy shit your dumb do you not realize how easy that map is for so many people, its literally a 1 try for a rank 1 if you can do the spinner. Issue is, most cant
Compared to maps like Stella-rium, Deus Extra, Stargazer, <insert random tv size here>, and others it's not "easy." The many people who can "literally try it for a rank 1" wouldn't be getting shit for pp for the play compared to equivalent effort they could put in elsewhere. You could say the same thing about desire dream. I'm sure there are hundreds of people capable of fc'ing it HDHR with higher acc than Dabanlong aside from the spinner and even then most of them could probably spin 460 for 20 seconds after enough tries. But Dabanlong is the only one who has because it's not worth the fucking effort. This is a shorter map so it's just a matter of time before someone cares enough. It's only been ranked for about a month now.
Jiroski_old
It's ok buddy.

re-position yourself.

try and make small, short, quick spins in a circular motion as fast as possible.

and then re-position for the next wave of incoming hit circles.
KanoSet

HK_ wrote:

I actually spin faster with mouse
PLEAS HALP
dw you'll get it eventually

KukiMonster wrote:

Don't think, just spin. Believe
ithgyu

chainpullz wrote:

II Jelli II wrote:

Compared to maps like Stella-rium, Deus Extra, Stargazer, <insert random tv size here>, and others it's not "easy." The many people who can "literally try it for a rank 1" wouldn't be getting shit for pp for the play compared to equivalent effort they could put in elsewhere. You could say the same thing about desire dream. I'm sure there are hundreds of people capable of fc'ing it HDHR with higher acc than Dabanlong aside from the spinner and even then most of them could probably spin 460 for 20 seconds after enough tries. But Dabanlong is the only one who has because it's not worth the fucking effort. This is a shorter map so it's just a matter of time before someone cares enough. It's only been ranked for about a month now.
i dont know what makes you think the map is hard...

I literally have 2 attempts on the map, the 1st attempt was the 1st play of the day, i just tried it again then and got 1xmiss 1xsliderbreak. If getting through that spinner was even remotely easy, plenty of rank 500s would just fc that in 1 try to get the rank 1. Spinning 450 for a long duration is not easy, I have no idea why you think most top players can spin 460 for 20 secs
chainpullz

II Jelli II wrote:

i dont know what makes you think the map is hard...

I literally have 2 attempts on the map, the 1st attempt was the 1st play of the day, i just tried it again then and got 1xmiss 1xsliderbreak. If getting through that spinner was even remotely easy, plenty of rank 500s would just fc that in 1 try to get the rank 1. Spinning 450 for a long duration is not easy, I have no idea why you think most top players can spin 460 for 20 secs
Dude fuck off that spinner is easy. It took me 2 tries to get the spinner.
ithgyu
i cant do it
chainpullz
Recia just sightread fc'd the map spinning like average 380-400 on the spinner. Like seriously, it's just not a popular map and it's not worth shit for HR pp for it's difficulty.