Arrival wrote:

I want a lot of Gezo's maps ;w;

I think you're the only one
Think you're funny?
Yes
Cyclohexane

Loctav wrote:

Mr Color wrote:

if there are no more countries to enter the TWC I will enjoy watching all of you eating your socks on stream
there are more to come.
rip the dream
Eiuh
HYYYYYYPE
juankristal
I feel that Taiwan will win this one.
OzzyOzrock
about that...
goatlife

OzzyOzrock wrote:

about that...
?????????
you better play this year
Shinsekai-

LZD wrote:

[_Chichinya_] wrote:

WTF!!! why? i'm not in my country ? ... can i know why? ....
i think they only sent messages to the captains xD
... I'm not in TWC ._. WHY!
Krah
There is no point in asking here.
If you think you got spoiled and actually did nothing wrong you are free to contact tournaments@ppy.sh
Shinsekai-

Krah wrote:

There is no point in asking here.
If you think you got spoiled and actually did nothing wrong you are free to contact tournaments@ppy.sh

Thanks~
xJianL520x
haha no japan team why :( :(
Nwolf
the pending section is incomplete
Topic Starter
Loctav
The Pending Team list has been updated and is now complete. I will not update the team list daily, but every now and then in bigger chunks. Right now, I am still waiting for more replies from the captains. Their deadline is the 8th March. By then, we should have everything (hopefully)
xJianL520x

Nwolf wrote:

the pending section is incomplete
oh i saw the wiki
Xorcon-Senpai

Catgirl wrote:

if japan loses i will eat my socks on stream
Kuro
How unfortunate, i wasn't picked for my country.
oh well, I figured this might happen... good luck anyway tho
Backfire
Can I be on team taiwan
Jaye
Low seed hype
Niko-nyan

Backfire wrote:

Can I be on team taiwan
Can i be on team sand-pro
goatlife
If antiPLUR - Speed of Link [200 000 000m/s] isn't picked as a map this tournament is rigged.

Shoutout to USA, United Kingdom, Australia, France and Spain. Good luck boys!!!!!!!!
Gl to everyone.
Jonah
I contacted torunaments@ppy.sh with right format of e-mail to join Korean team
Even captain picked. Why don't you add me on the list Mr.Loctav?
Unless you are not ignoring me, plz reply me about this problem.
Kuro

Niko-nyan wrote:

Backfire wrote:

Can I be on team taiwan
Can i be on team sand-pro
Can I be on team tasuke
andrew000000
I like turtles
Krah

Jonah wrote:

I contacted torunaments@ppy.sh with right format of e-mail to join Korean team
Wtf is torunaments ? I hope you made this typo only here ._.
Nashmun
Suggestion for next year : Could you send a confirmation email/PM when we register to the tournament ? We received several feedback about players who said they registered and weren't on the list. When they pm'd the staff they have been told that they never registered which is quite unfortunate since they were sure they did.
Garpo
A player with 75 playcount in taiko is on the commentator's list for A TAIKO tournament...
Can someone please tell me what is going on?
Raiden

Garpo wrote:

A player with 75 playcount in taiko is on the commentator's list for A TAIKO tournament...
Can someone please tell me what is going on?
This ^

also didn't we have good applicants, who actually have experience on Taiko, that applied as commentator?

it just strikes me as odd, really odd.
OnosakiHito
Can't say how commentators are choosen beside checking applications, but we never had many commentators to begin with, who really know something and at the same time have interest into this at all. The commentators we have right now should be fine, with ztrot and deadbeat as leading commentators who support Tasha and Chromoxx(as the Taiko experts) plus the addition of juan and Slainv who talk for the bright mass who don't know the game mode at all.

If you ask me, the commentator team should be fine. But beside that, we can't say for sure who applied as commentator. And considering the past, it wouldn't wonder me if no one applied beside the people we see in the list. lol

(If I'm not wrong, MMzz and myself will commentate the mappools anyway)
Catgirl
i applied but was rejected and will be rejected for every thing i ever do in the rest of my time trying to be in this community.

no offense toward chromoxx but i hated his commentary during last LMS. he's a good streamer and i like his commentary on his stream, but in my opinion during the matches he streamed that tourney, he was considering people bad players and not taking into account the logic that not everyone who plays taiko is the same type of player as him. an example was literally calling people idiots for not using HD on a tiebreaker when they were like rank #1000 and weren't good with mods. but he was also on his own for commentary so he'll probably do fine as support.

can't say anything about the guy with no playcount because i didn't see his application and don't know anything about him, but best of luck.
Nwolf
just as a fyi

juan was not added later, he and zak and deadbeat and ztrot are, as far as I have heard, the "core commentator staff" so no none of these were added later on.

I don't want to judge any decision made now though
Arrival

OnosakiHito wrote:

Can't say how commentators are choosen beside checking applications, but we never had many commentators to begin with, who really know something and at the same time have interest into this at all. The commentators we have right now should be fine, with ztrot and deadbeat as leading commentators who support Tasha and Chromoxx(as the Taiko experts) plus the addition of juan and Slainv who talk for the bright mass who don't know the game mode at all.

If you ask me, the commentator team should be fine. But beside that, we can't say for sure who applied as commentator. And considering the past, it wouldn't wonder me if no one applied beside the people we see in the list. lol

I totally agree with this. There is no need to worry about this, Slainv actually know the game mode quite well, and it's not the first time he will take care about a tournament-related thing.
Backfire

Catgirl wrote:

i applied but was rejected and will be rejected for every thing i ever do in the rest of my time trying to be in this community.

no offense toward chromoxx but i hated his commentary during last LMS. he's a good streamer and i like his commentary on his stream, but in my opinion during the matches he streamed that tourney, he was considering people bad players and not taking into account the logic that not everyone who plays taiko is the same type of player as him. an example was literally calling people idiots for not using HD on a tiebreaker when they were like rank #1000 and weren't good with mods. but he was also on his own for commentary so he'll probably do fine as support.

can't say anything about the guy with no playcount because i didn't see his application and don't know anything about him, but best of luck.
Ehm, if Chromoxx was saying things like this, I have to say, I don't necessarily approve of his actions, however if he was saying it in a joking tone then that's fine. We are always quite "unprofessional" on LMS, so please don't expect the same level here. TWC has a much more professional atmosphere for it's commentating.

For example, I am friends with everyone who usually signs up for LMS, so whenever I commentate, I love to poke fun at them. You should really take note of this because I think Chromoxx was probably joking. He is normally quite good as a commentator, as someone who can fill air time with decent conversation. So yeah, LMS should not necessarily guide your feelings towards this tournament specifically. We are not affiliated with their main staff.

And one more thing, if you or anyone was feeling like they had no honest chance at joining the commentary team for this tournament, in our next LMS tournament, you can feel free to drop by and commentate any match you would like.
Topic Starter
Loctav

Nashmun wrote:

Suggestion for next year : Could you send a confirmation email
I'll ask about that. Doesn't seem wrong.
Chromoxx

Backfire wrote:

Catgirl wrote:

Ehm, if Chromoxx was saying things like this, I have to say, I don't necessarily approve of his actions, however if he was saying it in a joking tone then that's fine. We are always quite "unprofessional" on LMS, so please don't expect the same level here. TWC has a much more professional atmosphere for it's commentating.

For example, I am friends with everyone who usually signs up for LMS, so whenever I commentate, I love to poke fun at them. You should really take note of this because I think Chromoxx was probably joking. He is normally quite good as a commentator, as someone who can fill air time with decent conversation. So yeah, LMS should not necessarily guide your feelings towards this tournament specifically. We are not affiliated with their main staff.

And one more thing, if you or anyone was feeling like they had no honest chance at joining the commentary team for this tournament, in our next LMS tournament, you can feel free to drop by and commentate any match you would like.
Pretty much what Backfire said.... I do not remember calling anyone an idiot, nor rank #1000 players in tiebreakers either....
And even if i may have said something like that, it was definitely not meant seriously lol.... It was the LMS and I was simply commentating for fun.
Slainv

Arrival wrote:

OnosakiHito wrote:

I totally agree with this. There is no need to worry about this, Slainv actually know the game mode quite well, and it's not the first time he will take care about a tournament-related thing.
<3 I am not that good of a player in osu! in general, however I organised IRL/offline tourbnaments as well as commented them.

I can understand why someone would be spooked but well, they'll just have to give it a listen ;)
Shurelia
I just came to check the Team's Members list and damn this Japan Monster team.
Arrival
When will be the schedule released ?
JDrago14

Arrival wrote:

You mean the Schedule for the events like the day of Top 16 or Top 8? They' should be listed on the Osu Wiki.
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/TWC_2016
Arrival

JDrago14 wrote:

Arrival wrote:

You mean the Schedule for the events like the day of Top 16 or Top 8? They' should be listed on the Osu Wiki.
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/TWC_2016
I'm talking about the hours of the Group Stage matches
show more