[HD\SD] Intuniv - A gameplay centered skin

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mizu no otoko
Intuniv by mizu no otoko
(hopefully) the best pro skin possible

Hi, my name is mizu no otoko
A long time ago I started of making a skin with the mission of creating the best possible skin to most easily read beatmaps with, AND while still having a beautiful interface and clean look. Having Attention Deficit Disorder, pretty much all but a couple skins are impossible to play with for me ^o^'.

It took me about 8 months of experimenting and fiddling around but at this point I'd like to call it finished

(the method behind the madness)

Hit circles are simple and transparent so other objects on screen are seen easily

Follow points blend with the cursor so movement is associated with a deep pink; sounds complicated but it works very well for me

Sliders have a contrasting blue to the pink cursor to help stand out, and a bold red sliderball with a subtle white outer ring so that fast or tricky sliders are easy to catch

100's 50's and misses are as undistracting and easy to read as possible

The in game interface is undistracting and easy to read, still with an elegant design

Spinners can always be noticed instantly with the bold presence of blue, so a single spin isn't missed 8-) .

:!: Borrowed elements include:
Perfect combo sprite and part of spinner metre from Minimalist Miku by Garin - t/202277
Pass and fail section elements from !Lys by y36 - p/4557025
Cursor from Pannari: t/184690
If there are any other problems please let ne know

If anybody would like a specific part of my skin changed for you, I'd be glad to customize some parts (as long as it's within my workload), just comment bellow
suffix
Nice skin, 1 thing.

Add 'InputOverlayText:' with value under [Colours]
The Monk
absolutely beautiful.
i've wanted a skin like this forever, but i can never find elements that i want.
thank you.
Topic Starter
mizu no otoko

rys wrote:

Nice skin, 1 thing.

Add 'InputOverlayText:' with value under [Colours]
Thanks for tip! I'll be sure to update it tonight
Topic Starter
mizu no otoko

Haagentii wrote:

absolutely beautiful.
i've wanted a skin like this forever, but i can never find elements that i want.
thank you.
:D Thank you so much, that means the world to me
Haskorion
Remove the donation link. I know of one case where a user got his donation link removed from his userpage.

Also the cursor is from this skin by Pannari: t/184690
The screenshots only show an old design of it, but it isn't your original design.
Topic Starter
mizu no otoko

Haskorion wrote:

Remove the donation link. I know of one case where a user got his donation link removed from his userpage.

Also the cursor is from this skin by Pannari: t/184690
The screenshots only show an old design of it, but it isn't your original design.
Sorry, I thought it was a commonly used element, I'll ask for permission or remove it immediately
Asaki_old_1
Really love your skin.

However, I play at 1024x768, and at that resolution the numbers look too big. I shrunk a lot of elements by 70% using GIMP but there's high pixelation - so I was wondering if you could shrink the elements using the original files?

Thanks in advance.

Example (score and combo are distracting at 1024x768) https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4596597

After I resized the elements, you can tell there's pixelation on the SPM meter. I changed the scorebar-colour to be thinner, and removed scorebar-colour-0, but after making that change, the line seems to extend past the scorebar-bg? And the pie-chart in the upper right hand corner has some bad overlap compared to before resizing. example: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4596607
Randshot
I really like your skin and the idea behind it :)
I'm already using it as my main skin although I changed/replaced a couple things.
I strongly suggest removing the end circle (available in the beta and cutting edge version) because it makes it a lot easier to read.
Just add a null png with the name "sliderendcircle.png" and there you go.
I also replaced the cursor with another one but that is just my preference.
You could maybe change the spinner overlay to something more simple because it is easy to overlook the next hitcircle due to the flashy character.

Anyway I really love it and I can thank you enough :)
Topic Starter
mizu no otoko

Asaki wrote:

Really love your skin.

However, I play at 1024x768, and at that resolution the numbers look too big. I shrunk a lot of elements by 70% using GIMP but there's high pixelation - so I was wondering if you could shrink the elements using the original files?

Thanks in advance.

Example (score and combo are distracting at 1024x768) https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4596597

After I resized the elements, you can tell there's pixelation on the SPM meter. I changed the scorebar-colour to be thinner, and removed scorebar-colour-0, but after making that change, the line seems to extend past the scorebar-bg? And the pie-chart in the upper right hand corner has some bad overlap compared to before resizing. example: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4596607
Yes definitely! I'm pretty positive that 1024x768 uses the SD files, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'lll only scale those since that would make it much easoer of that;s alright :oops: . I'll scale them and send the files by tomorrow
Thank you for the tips!!
Topic Starter
mizu no otoko

Randshot wrote:

I really like your skin and the idea behind it :)
I'm already using it as my main skin although I changed/replaced a couple things.
I strongly suggest removing the end circle (available in the beta and cutting edge version) because it makes it a lot easier to read.
Just add a null png with the name "sliderendcircle.png" and there you go.
I also replaced the cursor with another one but that is just my preference.
You could maybe change the spinner overlay to something more simple because it is easy to overlook the next hitcircle due to the flashy character.

Anyway I really love it and I can thank you enough :)
Thank you so much, that means a lot to me. :)
Thanks for the tips too, I'm working on changing a ton of stuff I realized should have been done better. I might post it updated tomorrow

-Blank endcircles I meant to put in, I just can't run cutting edge myself so that was an accident
-I was thinking the same thing with the spinner to; I also changed the "Spin!" png to a larger blue word, which I think helps with reaction to spinning but I'm not sure yet

Send any screenshots if you think things are better another way
Thanks so much again :D
Mango Berry
Your skin is amazing! I wanted to add numbers to them but I can't figure out how to get double digit numbers to not be so spaced. Thanks!
Topic Starter
mizu no otoko

Asaki wrote:

Really love your skin.

Thanks in advance.

Hope this helps https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
Topic Starter
mizu no otoko

Fwuffeh wrote:

Your skin is amazing! I wanted to add numbers to them but I can't figure out how to get double digit numbers to not be so spaced. Thanks!
Thank you so much :oops:
This would have to do with how much space is on the sides of your images for the numbers you used. That would be a second fix but first try changing the value of "HitCircleOverlap: x" in the 'skin.ini' file by opening it with a text editor program >>> Hope that helps
deadbeat
just checking, permission has been given for the borrowed skin elements?
MotR
There are no numbers in this skin. Also a distracting image of Miku. Otherwise good skin!
Topic Starter
mizu no otoko

deadbeat wrote:

just checking, permission has been given for the borrowed skin elements?
Yep! I checked with all the creators got permission
Randshot
Maybe you could make the dark blue approach circles a bit more striking, because I sometimes have difficulties seeing them.
Just a suggestion though :D
Pitsuwa
.zip pls ?
JapanYoshiTheGamer
This is quite a nice skin. It plays similarly to my own HueShift, and I managed to get a high score on my first try of using it. I speak Japanese, so the skin's language isn't quite a problem for me, but you might want to make an English version of the skin.

One thing, though, is that the slider ends aren't skinned out. I highly recommend you to skin out the slider ends so that it's easier to read.

Another thing is that some of the combo colors are too dark, and I couldn't see the hit circles very well. Go with pastel colors!

EDIT: Something tells me you don't actually speak Japanese. This skin that was translated by a native Japanese speaker will help you.
Topic Starter
mizu no otoko

Pitsuwa wrote:

.zip pls ? :(
Coming in the next couple days hopefully!
Topic Starter
mizu no otoko

JapanYoshiTheGamer wrote:

This is quite a nice skin. It plays similarly to my own HueShift, and I managed to get a high score on my first try of using it. I speak Japanese, so the skin's language isn't quite a problem for me, but you might want to make an English version of the skin.

One thing, though, is that the slider ends aren't skinned out. I highly recommend you to skin out the slider ends so that it's easier to read.

Another thing is that some of the combo colors are too dark, and I couldn't see the hit circles very well. Go with pastel colors!

EDIT: Something tells me you don't actually speak Japanese. This skin that was translated by a native Japanese speaker will help you.
Thank you very much for the advice! A lot of parts are messy that I'm about to fix, now that I'm in school and have more time on my hands (ironically). I was actually only able to use the current version since I used to have a mac so I wasnt able to activelly use the no end point slider feature, stupidly i should have just put them in NEVER THE LESS , v2 is coming.