forum

Arctic Monkeys - From the Ritz to the Rubble

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ascendance
If he HITSOUNDED your map, he definitely doesn't get kd. I thought he was just helping with your hitsounds. He can't bubble it either.
Milan-
wat r u doing ascendance
Ascendance

Milan- wrote:

wat r u doing ascendance
kiling myself
Topic Starter
BOUYAAA
The map was already hitsounded before he arrived with the same patterns lol. If he would have provided the new samples and suggested his changes (which there arn't many of) via a simple mod it would have achieved the same thing. I think the KD was very well deserved as he provided time and ressources I wouldn't have had to try and improve my map.

z
Exote
is this happening pls faster
Topic Starter
BOUYAAA
trying to bend spacetime as we speak
Bonsai
Nobody really cares how this stuff is treated and it doesn't really matter either, either grab your kudosu or feel free to icon it lol, I grab kds for timings too / have nominated mapsets where I reworked a lot of complicated timing too, it's not like there's gonna be any issue with that anyways~
Squichu
Sorry for the long waaaait ;; I was too busy with rl stuff
Anyway, just leaving some suggestions, feel free to decline everything. >w<

General
  1. modding thingie complaints about drum-hitfinish not being used? I'm too lazy to check each object, so please look into that. ><
Easy - looks pretty much alright to me, I just find
  1. 00:19:581 (1) - a bit weird. There are much stronger sounds on the white ticks and imo two 1/1 sliders would match with the vocals just as well. Up to you
  2. Similar here 00:22:108 (1) - . Feels off if you ignore the strong sound here for example 00:22:424 - and 00:23:055 - would play better if clickable, imo. Maybe you can make this part (and similar ones) a bit more interesting with a different rhythm? I mean, yay for 3/2s, they are interesting and add variety, but maybe something like http://puu.sh/rGlDD.jpg could work, too?
  3. 00:27:160 (1) - 00:29:687 (1) - sounds on the white ticks in the middle could use some more emphasis, no? http://puu.sh/rGlLd.jpg plays a bit better to me (2 works well as a slider too), but it's fine either way
  4. 00:39:792 (1) - feels off again, because of the sounds here 00:40:108 - 00:40:581 - , again two 1/1 sliders would match the vocals just as well, so that's what I'd prefer.
  5. 01:42:633 (3) - How about replacing this with two circles? The sound repeats and three circles would create a nice highlight of the end, imo. (Shouldn't last circle have NC tho, as in other diffs?)
Normal
  1. cause of the sound here 00:14:371 - 00:13:739 (2) - feels off to me. Try http://puu.sh/rGm8C.jpg and see what you like better? I certainly prefer the latter, cause while it's not as simplistic as your rhythm it matches the pace of the song better and emphasises vocals and beat.
  2. 00:15:634 - add a circle cause of the strong beat? Matches well with the overall difficulty of this Normal
    same at 00:26:371 - and 00:36:476 -
  3. 00:16:424 (2,3,1) - 00:16:739 - should be clickable just like (3), how about http://puu.sh/rGmju.jpg instead?
  4. 00:20:213 (2) - and 00:21:476 (2,3) - very different rhythms and I like variety but for beginner/normal players it might be a bit hard to follow this accurately, because the first is mapped to the vocals and the second to the beat. Maybe you wanna stick to either beat or vocals? Vocals for example would work well like this http://puu.sh/rGmxN.jpg and if you wanna stick to the beat you could turn (2) into something more similar to 00:18:792 (2,3) - ?
  5. 00:32:687 (2) - Consider splitting this up? Long sliders like this feel Idk.. redundant? There is a sound here 00:32:845 - and since 00:33:160 - is the same as 00:34:424 (3) - etc it should be just as clickable, imo. How about http://puu.sh/rGmMW.jpg ?
  6. 00:55:108 (1,2,3,4) - compared with 00:56:213 (1,2,3) - feels like waaay too much.. D: Can you kinda get them on the same level?
    same for 01:38:370 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3) -
  7. 01:09:791 (2,3) - any reason you change the rhythm up here? Seems weird to me, because the vocals are stronger 01:09:633 - I think. If you want to add variety, try http://puu.sh/rGnha.jpg maybe? Adds emphaiss on 01:10:264 -
Hard - Pretty fun diff, the only issue I have witht this is
  1. theeeeese guys 00:44:213 (1,2,3,4) - 00:49:266 (1,2,3,4) - etc. >: They're pretty misleading as they look exactly like some 1/4s usually do (also exactly like 01:15:001 (3,4,5) - , you might wanna change them up) and that's not appropiate for a Hard diff. Since players don't have to move at all to hit them anyway, why don't you just stack them? You get rid of all readability issues and it doesn't change gameplay in the slightest.
  2. 00:23:055 (3,4,1) - actually, counts as readability thingie, too.. is this back-forth off-stack necessary? It's the only one in the whole diff and therefore looks totally random? >:
  3. 01:39:475 (5) - missing NC DDD:
Insane - no complaints! Perfect diff, imo.
You could avoid the overlap with default hp bar tho 00:25:897 (1) - ?
Also would be nice if 00:31:739 (4,5) - were a little closer, the increased DS and the stream play very abrupt and it would be a lot more comfortable if you do sth like http://puu.sh/rGp88.jpg instead o:

Milan-'s Insane
I have to admit that I don't like the usage of 'extended' sliders in this diff. Not all of them are bad in general, some actually match really well, but there are also parts that feel forced (to me) and some that even look like they lack extended sliders as they're similar to other rhythms but mapped more... standard.
00:20:845 (1,2) - as an example for the latter.
00:18:318 (5,6,7) - as an example of what feels forced to me. The tick sound on (6) doesn't match at all (imo) with the 'soft' vocals, even if it's a new word/syllable; especially since you ignore 00:18:792 - .. Idk, I don't see any harm in following this sound or rather I don't understand why you sacrifice such a dominant sound for vocals, which you don't follow all the time anyway.
I don't think this necessarily calls for any changes, it's just what I'm uncomfortable with.

Expert
  1. 00:35:055 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - increasing DS so much here seems exaggerated to me, considering that the music doesn't change that much o: Mind moving them a tiny bit closer?
  2. 01:21:159 - this is the only beat left blank in the entire diff. o.o Did you accidentaly delete an object?
Not much to say here, while I don't particularly like the jumps the diff looks fine technically.

Yup, neat set! Unfortunately, I'm not the right BN to push this forward tho, cause I strugge with the higher diffs. They have a clear structure and look fine, but I can't judge how well things are executed, so best of luck to you! :c
Topic Starter
BOUYAAA

Squichu wrote:

Sorry for the long waaaait ;; I was too busy with rl stuff
Anyway, just leaving some suggestions, feel free to decline everything. >w<

General
  1. modding thingie complaints about drum-hitfinish not being used? I'm too lazy to check each object, so please look into that. ><
Easy - looks pretty much alright to me, I just find
  1. 00:19:581 (1) - a bit weird. There are much stronger sounds on the white ticks and imo two 1/1 sliders would match with the vocals just as well. Up to you this complements the music better imo, I tried with 2*1/1 sliders and it just feels super weird to miss the bass
  2. Similar here 00:22:108 (1) - . Feels off if you ignore the strong sound here for example 00:22:424 - and 00:23:055 - would play better if clickable, imo. Maybe you can make this part (and similar ones) a bit more interesting with a different rhythm? I mean, yay for 3/2s, they are interesting and add variety, but maybe something like http://puu.sh/rGlDD.jpg could work, too? I might reconsider this if person that wants to icon mentions it but for me this was done to follow the lead guitar. The held sliders sounds pretty good here imo in combination with the reverse on the bass
  3. 00:27:160 (1) - 00:29:687 (1) - sounds on the white ticks in the middle could use some more emphasis, no? http://puu.sh/rGlLd.jpg plays a bit better to me (2 works well as a slider too), but it's fine either way did something else, it's a bit harder but random 1/1 breaks is something i don't like
  4. 00:39:792 (1) - feels off again, because of the sounds here 00:40:108 - 00:40:581 - , again two 1/1 sliders would match the vocals just as well, so that's what I'd prefer. bass and vocals should be emphasized here imo
  5. 01:42:633 (3) - How about replacing this with two circles? The sound repeats and three circles would create a nice highlight of the end, imo. (Shouldn't last circle have NC tho, as in other diffs?) k
Normal
  1. cause of the sound here 00:14:371 - 00:13:739 (2) - feels off to me. Try http://puu.sh/rGm8C.jpg and see what you like better? I certainly prefer the latter, cause while it's not as simplistic as your rhythm it matches the pace of the song better and emphasises vocals and beat. it's barely audible to me, i'd rather keep it as is
  2. 00:15:634 - add a circle cause of the strong beat? Matches well with the overall difficulty of this Normal
    same at 00:26:371 - and 00:36:476 - i want to keep the intro's density low to contrast with the rest, adding those might go against what i planned Added the 2 others
  3. 00:16:424 (2,3,1) - 00:16:739 - should be clickable just like (3), how about http://puu.sh/rGmju.jpg instead? I kinda disagree, this is just a matter of taste to me
  4. 00:20:213 (2) - and 00:21:476 (2,3) - very different rhythms and I like variety but for beginner/normal players it might be a bit hard to follow this accurately, because the first is mapped to the vocals and the second to the beat. Maybe you wanna stick to either beat or vocals? Vocals for example would work well like this http://puu.sh/rGmxN.jpg and if you wanna stick to the beat you could turn (2) into something more similar to 00:18:792 (2,3) - ? all diffs follow something different here, this should not be a problem, clicking pattern is still very simple
  5. 00:32:687 (2) - Consider splitting this up? Long sliders like this feel Idk.. redundant? There is a sound here 00:32:845 - and since 00:33:160 - is the same as 00:34:424 (3) - etc it should be just as clickable, imo. How about http://puu.sh/rGmMW.jpg ? made it consistent with the rest
  6. 00:55:108 (1,2,3,4) - compared with 00:56:213 (1,2,3) - feels like waaay too much.. D: Can you kinda get them on the same level?
    same for 01:38:370 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - I don't see how this would be an issue, the music changes density too. Also i usually design my normals to be normals and not easies with some 1/2. Nothing excessive here imo
  7. 01:09:791 (2,3) - any reason you change the rhythm up here? Seems weird to me, because the vocals are stronger 01:09:633 - I think. If you want to add variety, try http://puu.sh/rGnha.jpg maybe? Adds emphaiss on 01:10:264 - i follow bass during the whole section here, i find it a bit awkward to switch focus just now
Hard - Pretty fun diff, the only issue I have witht this is
  1. theeeeese guys 00:44:213 (1,2,3,4) - 00:49:266 (1,2,3,4) - etc. >: They're pretty misleading as they look exactly like some 1/4s usually do (also exactly like 01:15:001 (3,4,5) - , you might wanna change them up) and that's not appropiate for a Hard diff. Since players don't have to move at all to hit them anyway, why don't you just stack them? You get rid of all readability issues and it doesn't change gameplay in the slightest. Idk hard players are not babies anymore, they're already able to read approach circles at that level. I doubt stacking them will make any difference if not confuse them more. Unstacking them was my way of putting an additionnal visual hint to indicate that those are indeed 1/2. I stacked the triple though
  2. 00:23:055 (3,4,1) - actually, counts as readability thingie, too.. is this back-forth off-stack necessary? It's the only one in the whole diff and therefore looks totally random? >: it isn't
  3. 01:39:475 (5) - missing NC DDD: uh
Insane - no complaints! Perfect diff, imo.
You could avoid the overlap with default hp bar tho 00:25:897 (1) - ? put it down a bit but idc tbh
Also would be nice if 00:31:739 (4,5) - were a little closer, the increased DS and the stream play very abrupt and it would be a lot more comfortable if you do sth like http://puu.sh/rGp88.jpg instead o: I like that, i hope it's better now

Milan-'s Insane
I have to admit that I don't like the usage of 'extended' sliders in this diff. Not all of them are bad in general, some actually match really well, but there are also parts that feel forced (to me) and some that even look like they lack extended sliders as they're similar to other rhythms but mapped more... standard.
00:20:845 (1,2) - as an example for the latter.
00:18:318 (5,6,7) - as an example of what feels forced to me. The tick sound on (6) doesn't match at all (imo) with the 'soft' vocals, even if it's a new word/syllable; especially since you ignore 00:18:792 - .. Idk, I don't see any harm in following this sound or rather I don't understand why you sacrifice such a dominant sound for vocals, which you don't follow all the time anyway.
I don't think this necessarily calls for any changes, it's just what I'm uncomfortable with.

Expert
  1. 00:35:055 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - increasing DS so much here seems exaggerated to me, considering that the music doesn't change that much o: Mind moving them a tiny bit closer? moving them closer looks ugly. the ds isn't that much higher than the rest, it just feels more intense because elsewhere there are sliders to rest on, this part has been made a bit more tense on purpose because of the separations in vocals or w/e. Still angles are pretty easy, this is very manageable
  2. 01:21:159 - this is the only beat left blank in the entire diff. o.o Did you accidentaly delete an object?
Not much to say here, while I don't particularly like the jumps the diff looks fine technically. yes the bass marks a stop here, this is intentional

Yup, neat set! Unfortunately, I'm not the right BN to push this forward tho, cause I strugge with the higher diffs. They have a clear structure and look fine, but I can't judge how well things are executed, so best of luck to you! :c luck is really something I'm lacking of atm
Thanks for the mod!

If anyone is lurking and wants to icon *cough*Sieg*cough* feel free to do so btw
Bonsai
Things are well executed, do it
Milan-
the first one doesn't need to be extended bc the vocals arent as crazy/nonsense as before but instead they snap correctly for whatever reason.
the second, i can see why it sounds overdone, but at the same time i can see why it doesn't, i could use a 1/4 reverse if necessary at all there to cover the red tick. uh
it's hard to argue bc it's mostly based on feeling the momentum of the verse rather than stick to something and try hard to cover it all the time, but either way i tried to be as constant as posible as you can see extended sliders used for the guitar background and 1/4 sliders for vocals nonsense ;_;
Cryptic
But I am the right BN.
Hitsounds are pretty g compared to last time, I'm diggin' it. Talk to Sieg about the custom normal Hit-Finish being too quiet, though. I can barely hear it when volumes are equal. Same for the Hit-Clap in normal.

For the Hard, why does the DS change on the 1,2>3,4 style jumps for the second kiai? What makes the two kiais different to warrant that?
For the Insane, fix this blanket for no reason at all 01:14:527 (2,1) - other than the fact that I wanted to mention something for this diff.

Milan's diff has grown on me a lot.

For the Expert, 00:46:581 (3,4,5) - feels really lackluster for the music, primarily DS-wise between 4,5.

Call me back when the HS's are fixed and you apply/deny these suggestions.
Topic Starter
BOUYAAA

Cryptic wrote:

But I am the right BN. My saviour!!!!!!
Hitsounds are pretty g compared to last time, I'm diggin' it. Talk to Sieg about the custom normal Hit-Finish being too quiet, though. I can barely hear it when volumes are equal. Same for the Hit-Clap in normal. Raised finish by 1.5 db and drum by 0.5 db as i think it's loud enough

For the Hard, why does the DS change on the 1,2>3,4 style jumps for the second kiai? What makes the two kiais different to warrant that? tried to normalize things a little
For the Insane, fix this blanket for no reason at all 01:14:527 (2,1) - other than the fact that I wanted to mention something for this diff. did, also did in hard lol

Milan's diff has grown on me a lot.

For the Expert, 00:46:581 (3,4,5) - feels really lackluster for the music, primarily DS-wise between 4,5. When playing i think it's fine because of the flow break. Kinda works like 00:56:213 (1,2) -. If we're talking relative spacing just considering these 3 notes then it still works because 3 has a stronger beat than 5

Call me back when the HS's are fixed and you apply/deny these suggestions.
Cryptic
b1
Let's begin.
Topic Starter
BOUYAAA

Cryptic wrote:

b1
Let's begin.
IT'S A MIRACLE
Exote
FATE
Iceskulls
[general]
  1. Unused hitsounds:
    drum-hitfinish.wav
    soft-hitfinish6.wav

RC wrote:

There must not be any unused files in the map's folder
  2. delay > 5ms:
    drum-hitfinish.wav
    normal-hitfinish.wav

RC wrote:

Hitsounds must have an acceptable range of delay under 5ms, unless there's a special purpose.

sound obviously start after 0.005 so before that was a delay

drumfinish is unused so i provide only normalfinish
    use this instead http://puu.sh/rU0WD/fd88c09337.wav
[easy]
  1. fine
[normal]
  1. 00:44:213 (1,2) - shouldn't spacing here be 1.0x so that it will make spacing consistent with others ?
  2. 00:46:739 (2,3) -00:54:634 (2,1) - 01:30:317 (3,1) - 01:42:001 (2,1) - same
[hard]
  1. 01:09:475 (2,3,4) -01:19:580 (2,3,4) - rhythm play pretty weird and feel inconsistent with the surrounding rhythm too since those are the only time that you map the 3rd white tick , i think this rhythm will be better
  2. 01:26:527 (1,2) - 01:30:633 (1,2) - 01:32:527 (1,2) -01:35:685 (1,2) - why noy jumps like the part before break now (e.g. 00:43:266 (1,2) - ) ?
    you only did it here 01:37:580 (1,2) - tho lol yea i think make them a bit more consistent would be better cus it make thing more solid imo
  3. 01:39:475 (1,2) - kinda unexpected cus you didn't jumps like this in the first kiai 00:56:213 (1,2) - and make it feel weird for me to play
[milan]
  1. 01:05:370 - same timing line but different volume

RC wrote:

An inherited timing section may be placed on an uninherited timing section (but only to change the slider speed).
[insane]
  1. 00:20:213 (4,5,6) - mm why the spacing here is different from 00:19:581 (1,2,3) - ? i think make them consistent would make them flow better
[expert]
  1. 00:12:318 (2,3) - wow didn't expect this to be low spacing like this lol , i think higher spacing would work better for this since it's the emphasized beat
  2. 01:20:527 (1,2,3,4) - pretty weird that you suddenly change the rhythm here and it make thing play a bit awkward imo , you can try this rhythm instead it would work better imo
pop because red unrankable
Topic Starter
BOUYAAA

CelsiusLK wrote:

[general]
  1. Unused hitsounds:
    drum-hitfinish.wav
    soft-hitfinish6.wav

RC wrote:

There must not be any unused files in the map's folder
  2. delay > 5ms:
    drum-hitfinish.wav
    normal-hitfinish.wav

RC wrote:

Hitsounds must have an acceptable range of delay under 5ms, unless there's a special purpose.

sound obviously start after 0.005 so before that was a delay

drumfinish is unused so i provide only normalfinish
    use this instead http://puu.sh/rU0WD/fd88c09337.wav
Fixed, that's probably not cryptic's fault btw

[easy]
  1. fine
Fixed

[normal]
  1. 00:44:213 (1,2) - shouldn't spacing here be 1.0x so that it will make spacing consistent with others ?
  2. 00:46:739 (2,3) -00:54:634 (2,1) - 01:30:317 (3,1) - 01:42:001 (2,1) - same fixed
[hard]
  1. 01:09:475 (2,3,4) -01:19:580 (2,3,4) - rhythm play pretty weird and feel inconsistent with the surrounding rhythm too since those are the only time that you map the 3rd white tick , i think this rhythm will be better the first one in intentional, i'm trying to follow the bass line here, but i agree about the second one and applied your suggestion
  2. 01:26:527 (1,2) - 01:30:633 (1,2) - 01:32:527 (1,2) -01:35:685 (1,2) - why noy jumps like the part before break now (e.g. 00:43:266 (1,2) - ) ?
    you only did it here 01:37:580 (1,2) - tho lol yea i think make them a bit more consistent would be better cus it make thing more solid imo hm, idk i'm not sure that really matters though, I used these sliders to not overdo the "jump" section here and tried to avoid jumps, even thoug some of them oppose and others point in the same direction, slider liniency kinda makes them very similar when actually playing the diff
  3. 01:39:475 (1,2) - kinda unexpected cus you didn't jumps like this in the first kiai 00:56:213 (1,2) - and make it feel weird for me to play jump is g o n e
[milan]
  1. 01:05:370 - same timing line but different volume

RC wrote:

An inherited timing section may be placed on an uninherited timing section (but only to change the slider speed).
    F i x e d
[insane]
  1. 00:20:213 (4,5,6) - mm why the spacing here is different from 00:19:581 (1,2,3) - ? i think make them consistent would make them flow better no idea at all
[expert]
  1. 00:12:318 (2,3) - wow didn't expect this to be low spacing like this lol , i think higher spacing would work better for this since it's the emphasized beat emphasis is now bueno 👌
  2. 01:20:527 (1,2,3,4) - pretty weird that you suddenly change the rhythm here and it make thing play a bit awkward imo , you can try this rhythm instead it would work better imo o yea that was done intentionally, i kinda feel the music goes to a stop here, imo those stacked circles are very satisfying to play idk lol
pop because red unrankable
Thanks!!!
Iceskulls
Rebubble!
Cryptic
Rechecked. and also made sure I could qualify with rule changes. Everything looks good. Qualified.
Makeli
very yes
Exote
oyyyy gratz<3
Topic Starter
BOUYAAA
Thanks people !
Milan-
people !
Froskya
Congratz!! :333
Myxo
Great map, congratz!
Gonzvlo
Congrats, time to download the client in this pc just to test this map!