forum

[Archived] [Resolved] [web] osu! won't open timestamps.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yuii-
Hello, everyone! How are you guys doing? Hope y'all are doing great.

For the past 3 weeks I haven't been able to open any timestamp posted on any Beatmap Thread. This happened randomly and I don't know how to replicate nor fix it by my own. Whenever I try to click on timestamps like 00:13:847 (1,2,3,4,1) - nothing happens. I have tried so hard, even tried to change the way osu! reads this file but still it hasn't been fixed.

Any help would be appreciated it since not being able to do this thing while being a BN is kinda tedious.

Thanks for your time and comprehension!
Bara-
Can you click on in-game editor links properly?
And have you set an application to open such links with?
Topic Starter
Yuii-
I can open the timestamps in-game, yes. That's why I clarify this only happens from the website. Didn't try another browser because I want to fix it on Chrome.
And regarding your other question, nope, not at all. I don't even know the extension file from it.
Topic Starter
Yuii-
Sorry for bump'ing it, but I really need assistance.
Okoratu
what the fuck baraatje changed names.

usually timestamps in beatmap threads are actually links such as osu://edit/00:59:881%20(1,1)
when first clicking them in a new browser you should be asked to choose a standard application to open links in that format with, which is usually osu!

have you tested the behaviour in different browsers before making this?
Topic Starter
Yuii-
Didn't try another browser because I want to fix it on Chrome.
Doesn't work on any browser right now. What I need is a reset to this extension. I even tried deleting the whole Chrome history and I still can't select how I open this kind of thing.
Even tried to change the files/protocoles from the Control Panel:

I'm not so sure if I have to change more things from there but after many tries, still nothing happens. I can't even mod like that huh
Lasse
I have no idea how to fix this, so I'll just let you know that you can actually drag timestamps into the editor
=> http://lasse.s-ul.eu/mWsOo1Pj
a bit less convenient than clicking them, but still way better than having to copypaste.

Also in that settings panel you already checked, where it shows the extensions, try scrolling down. There should also be a "protocols" tab
http://i.imgur.com/enVWFBM.jpg
might have something osu related, but it doesn't for me, most likely because I reinstalled windows and kept my old osu stuff
Topic Starter
Yuii-

Lasse wrote:

I have no idea how to fix this, so I'll just let you know that you can actually drag timestamps into the editor
=> http://lasse.s-ul.eu/mWsOo1Pj
a bit less convenient than clicking them, but still way better than having to copypaste. - On Fullscreen this still is the same, since it's quite hard to drag timestamps into the osu! window. And on Windows 10 not having FS is suicide. This works, though.

Also in that settings panel you already checked, where it shows the extensions, try scrolling down. There should also be a "protocols" tab
http://i.imgur.com/enVWFBM.jpg
might have something osu related, but it doesn't for me, most likely because I reinstalled windows and kept my old osu stuff - Nope, not at all.
Re-installing Chrome does not help at all. Still need help.
Doormat
I'm assuming the external protocol request pop-up doesn't show up? Apparently doing the following steps can reset the problem, but I haven't tested it out so I can't say if it's accurate or not.

-Make sure Chrome is closed
-Open "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data"
-Open "Local State" with a text editor, e.g. Notepad
-Look for the line "osu":false or something like that-
-Delete this line and Chrome will start to prompt you to open timestamps

source: https://productforums.google.com/forum/ ... uJN_gRbfkQ

edit: tried messing around with it myself; the source gives itunes as the example, so I tried changing some of the parameters to fix the osu problem. Still not sure if it works though-

edit 2: this method worked for me, but glad to see that you resolved your issue regardless
Topic Starter
Yuii-
I had already tried that and it didn't work, even tried with every single extension or anything possible.

FOUND THE SOLUTION: Re-installing osu! is the only way possible to fix this issue for now. There's a big explanation behind this. This is caused by creating a second osu! file (yeah, I did it for the tournament client).
Once you click on any timestamp on the Thread you are asked the following:

However if you create another osu! access it'll immediately replace it for the new one, meaning it can only be opened through the tournament client, I knew that. Even after deleting it the extension won't open because it doesn't recognise the other access, basically you are nullifying the extension's permission to your osu! folder.
Re-installing helps because it deleted all the saved osu! files in order to be re-detected once again.

That's what I found.

Thanks everyone for the help.
I really appreciate it, all of you.
Shiguma

Yuii- wrote:

I had already tried that and it didn't work, even tried with every single extension or anything possible.

FOUND THE SOLUTION: Re-installing osu! is the only way possible to fix this issue for now. There's a big explanation behind this. This is caused by creating a second osu! file (yeah, I did it for the tournament client).
Once you click on any timestamp on the Thread you are asked the following:

However if you create another osu! access it'll immediately replace it for the new one, meaning it can only be opened through the tournament client, I knew that. Even after deleting it the extension won't open because it doesn't recognise the other access, basically you are nullifying the extension's permission to your osu! folder.
Re-installing helps because it deleted all the saved osu! files in order to be re-detected once again.

That's what I found.

Thanks everyone for the help.
I really appreciate it, all of you.
I reinstalled osu! and I still have this problem. I can drag them into the program but clicking them doesn't work.
Pawsu
Make a new thread for you problem.
Aikawa
LOL this didn't work for me but good thing I found my own solution w/o resorting to reinstalling my OS.
Bara-
Don't bump old marked threads please