forum

post the time & what you're thinking

posted
Total Posts
show more
45Traeath
00:24~00:32AM

Puzzle wrote:

Trying to draw my own Ava today. Not happy with how it looks so far.
GL with'at.

I should get to sleep, even though tomorrow is "free".
The cold is attacking again.
It's just a pain behind (not to say, in "there") when I have to go through a week* of bad shape. It's even one bigger pain, when the cold easily catches me.
(It just doesn't sound right to me, that "one catches the cold", when it's not intentional.)
I'm told² that there isn't any cure for the classic cold. "You have to let the body do its work; if it's too painful, then the basic medecine should be helpful."
*Medical estimation of the average duration.
²Not only by the doc', but also by colleagues from hospitals with whom I worked.
ERA Puzzle
It's 8:52 PM. I feel so much better about the avatar I'm attempting to draw now that I've refined it a bit more. It's still not quite up to my standards but I think it'll probably-maybe-sort of work as an avatar since a lot of the details and flaws in it will be blurred out by the downscaling. Or they'll be 10x worse. It's hard to tell yet. Anyway, I still need some practice with stuff like this, but I think in a month or two I could actually be making my own really decent avatars.
Journal
9:08 p.m.

two inch nails uh
edit: it's raining yes
ERA Puzzle

Journal wrote:

two inch nails uh

9:13 PM. Congrats on the rain

But whatchu talkin' about with 2 inch nails
Journal

Puzzle wrote:

Journal wrote:

two inch nails uh

9:13 PM. Congrats on the rain

But whatchu talkin' about with 2 inch nails
saw people on the streets with them and just wondering how they even wipe
ERA Puzzle

Journal wrote:

Just use the nails, duh

Scrape it out
Journal

Puzzle wrote:

Journal wrote:

Just use the nails, duh

Scrape it out

45Traeath
x < 09:05PM

Wow, that's, one amazing drawing, Puzzle ( . .)
ERA Puzzle

45Traeath wrote:

x < 09:05PM

Wow, that's, one amazing drawing, Puzzle ( . .)

N-no. It's mediocre in the extreme. Nothing amazing about it.

The only reason I'm keeping it is because it reminds me to flipping draw and be better this sucks AHHHHH

5:24 pm
Ashton
6.02pm i need to clean my room
MisakiTobisawa-
10.46pm

I'm celebrating my birthday tomorrow, because I'll be in Ipoh for a school trip on the day of my actual birthday. It will be the first time I celebrate my birthday without my parents...
payney
1:13PM

its hot outside
45Traeath
07:57PM

Puzzle wrote:

The only reason I'm keeping it is because it reminds me to flipping draw and be better this sucks AHHHHH
Well, to each their perspective, I guess.
I'm like, "Come on, look at that face of mine"...
"It just... Feels too basic."
"Simple is best", sure, but that only works sometimes.
Tad Fibonacci

45Traeath wrote:

07:57PM

Puzzle wrote:

Well, to each their perspective, I guess.
I'm like, "Come on, look at that face of mine"...
"It just... Feels too basic."
"Simple is best", sure, but that only works sometimes.
Well, I used to draw a lot as well so I can relate to the feeling.
I used to have a lot of unfinished projects that I just completely scrapped mid way just because I thought it was somehow mediocre or bad.
It's not a good mentality to have, sure you should be critical of your own work and should strive to be better but in the long run it can cause extreme amount of stress.

OT: 1:11AM

Downloading some Skyrim mods.
Westonini
11:27 AM

I love the rain.
Journal
1:56p.m.

gl to all my apush test takers today
payney
3:06PM

solution to being bored: just kinda walk somewhere

edit: 5:01PM

10KM, baby
ERA Puzzle

Tad Fibonacci wrote:

Well, I used to draw a lot as well so I can relate to the feeling.
I used to have a lot of unfinished projects that I just completely scrapped mid way just because I thought it was somehow mediocre or bad.
It's not a good mentality to have, sure you should be critical of your own work and should strive to be better but in the long run it can cause extreme amount of stress.

OT: 1:11AM

Downloading some Skyrim mods.

That's one thing I've learned about trying to improve at something. You have to balance a certain level of satisfaction with your work alongside a certain amount of ambition to improve to have a really healthy mindset for it. Too much of one or the other can easily lead you down the wrong path and throw you off-course. If you feel too satisfied, your ego can inflate and lead to a stunting in your growth as well as blatant ignorance of your skill and where you stand. Too much ambition can lead to much the same, albeit via a different path. The balance is vital.

Personally, I've always sided towards the too-much-ambition side of thing and it always makes my drawings feel inadequate. I've learned to beat that not by being satisfied with what I create, but with my progress. I suck as an artist. As someone who could only draw stick figures up until a year and four months ago, Im amazing and have come a long, long way.

Theres a lot more that goes into it than that. You should look towards your progress instead of your results for a lot of reasons, but this was just the aspect that was relevant and that I wanted to comment on.

As for scrapping stuff, yeah, that can definitely be bad. Its stressful, unhealthy, and doesnt teach you certain things that you can only learn by attempting to really polish and finish a drawing.

Its 4:40 PM, and I'm stoked for the weekend. Gonna relax, drink, celebrate, eat sushi. Dream weekend.
45Traeath
10:13AM

Puzzle wrote:

Is that a seagull, or...?
ERA Puzzle

45Traeath wrote:

10:13AM

Puzzle wrote:

Is that a seagull, or...?

I... I dont know. It's just a picture I found.
8:41 AM
MisakiTobisawa-
11.10pm

I'll need to pack for my trip tomorrow. I'm pretty excited, actually. I'm sure it will be fun, even though it's an experiential school trip and not a fun trip.
Aiseca
Sunday, 7am...

I have to make the server less cluttered. Going to suggest stuff to the management team.
payney
7:05PM

billie eilish’s album was pretty good
mewkies
08:05

Just got up T_T
Time to play osu! for 12 hours straight, again.
ERA Puzzle

mewkies wrote:

08:05

Just got up T_T
Time to play osu! for 12 hours straight, again.

I used to do that. That's pretty unhealthy tbh. You should take some breaks.

It's 11:33 pm and I'm thinking that sometimes it's nice to not think. Your brain needs to vegetate from time to time while you sit around and do nothing. Guess that's okay.
payney
1:35AM

sleepy
Achromalia
10:53 PM PST.

got home. i'm fucking exhausted, and i don't want to do shit right now.

turns out that today wasn't the funeral, it was simply a commemorative service thing for my grandfather at a Kingdom Hall he attended.

the burial is on the 21st, we might be going for that as well.
Journal
1:06 a.m.

Barbecue again wtf
ERA Puzzle

Achromalia wrote:

10:53 PM PST.

got home. i'm fucking exhausted, and i don't want to do shit right now.

turns out that today wasn't the funeral, it was simply a commemorative service thing for my grandfather at a Kingdom Hall he attended.

the burial is on the 21st, we might be going for that as well.

Maaaan. I'm really sorry. That sounds pretty shitty and awful, damn.

It's 1:10 AM and I hope Achro will be able to cheer up soon.
Achromalia
11:11 PM PST.

thanks, Puzzle.

i'll be in a better mood tomorrow, probably. i think i just need some good sleep for now.

shit sucks, but not much i can do about it other than to put up with it and do my best to improve shit.
payney
11:11PM

did u make a wish?

2:14AM

ive gone from tired to not tired to tired and back to not tired again

?????
Journal
1:17 a.m.

Third wheeling is awkward

Edit: nice rocks
Ender Lain
17:01 WIB

i forgot today is sunday...oh crap....
Journal
3:41 p.m.

Nice weather
Unpleasant bugs
payney
5:01PM

im effin 🅱️ored
ERA Puzzle

charamaru wrote:

5:01PM

im effin 🅱️ored

4:02 PM

I am sorry my friend

I hope you become unbored but I can't think of a way to help besides play those forum gaems
payney
9:08PM

being in my room for most of the day every day sucks i wanna TALK TO PEOPLE
Journal
8:10 p.m.

GO OUT
payney
9:13PM

AND DO WHAT
Journal
8:17 p.m.

SKATE, BIKE, RUN, BREATHE