show more
Feb
is sotarks pishi? i hope not.
Pachiru
*cough cough*

even drama in mapping gg wp osu
Topic Starter
Sotarks
Can someone just DQ this, i'll check those messages soon.
Thanks.
Akiyama Mizuki

Mystyk wrote:

Ummm what's wrong with trying to rank old maps? Just because something is old doesn't mean the quality is bad. Are you saying we should remap the map to make it 2016 style?
That wasn't even people's point? Being old =/= Being bad, and this is bad.
Cellina
dat drama
Topic Starter
Sotarks
Thanks at everybody that said my map is bad, I appreciate.
Bearizm
Don't be discouraged. It's only the old parts that are bad lol. I don't think it's THAT bad... but it IS bad compared to what you can do. That's the issue, but then again we had shit like noisestorm ignite getting ranked and that was from 2011. I think people are giving him too much of a hard time. People makes mistakes, that's fine.

you need to change that attitude tho
Irreversible

Sotarks wrote:

Thanks at everybody that said my map is bad, I appreciate.
I beg to differ between people, who actually give you improvements and the ones that actually say your map is bad with no reason. The second ones obviously didn't get something right, but what bothers me is that you put both kinds in one pot. You stated that you are able to improve this map multiple times, yet you stopped yourself doing so by defending your map with ridiculous statements such as "if you don't like then don't play".

I really do hope for this community that this mindset can somehow be toned down because if you don't want to improve something even though you could, then simply get the fuck out and don't rank your map. Even though it seems different these days, ranking is not something you should take for granted.

Disqualified upon request.
Akiyama Mizuki
okay, I'll give feedbacks. wait please
Ciyus Miapah
i play this map and doesn't have nothing to fix :/

editor Masterrace :V
Topic Starter
Sotarks

Lanturn wrote:

[Storyboard]
I think those kind of pointed it out already, but you can see the edges of the 2swords.jpg picture in the SB. Instead of starting with a smaller image like this, I suggest filling out the whole background and then zooming in appropriately. I'm also not a fan of how it blacks out well before the next section of the song starts. It should honestly last until the next section at 00:54:253 - and let the white fade it out instead. I guess the same can be said for the next one as well, as 01:43:304 - to 01:44:917 - is a bit too long for pure black, unlike the rest of the map which fades into the white.

2swords_moe.jpg can barely be seen. you should fade it in faster imo.

Lyrics/5.png says Aoi Eir while the rest of your lyrics use Eir Aoi. It's a minor nitpick, but I think they should be consistent at least a little.

[Tags]
I'd also recommend putting the Japanese titles and artists in the tags.
春奈るな 藍井エイル 戸松遥 ユメセカイ シルシ 虹の音
You can copy paste all of those and it'll have the songs and artists. Really helpful for the Japanese players.

Hopefully something here helps :3

I fixed all here! Thanks a lot Lanturn :3

Project Railgun wrote:

Hey. I love SAO and all but I want to point out some things that bothered me while I was playing your map.

[Inconsistent Hitsounds]
  1. 01:50:631 (1,1) - Since you do not use a finish at 01:50:631 -, you should remove it from 01:53:489 (1) -. This is essentially the same pattern and only hitsounding one makes gameplay somewhat weird.
  2. 02:39:026 (1,1,1,1) -, 02:43:923 (1,1,1,1) -, and 02:48:821 (1,1,1,6) - all follow a similar music pattern, but the finishes are different. The instrument is at the same intensity, but some parts do not have the finish, making it feel weird to play.
  3. 03:24:116 (1) - This finish feels empty, especially since the same instrument plays at 03:24:564 (2) - and 03:25:011 (3) -. It would be best to add a finish to 2 and 3.
  4. 03:33:071 (1,1,1,1) - You need a finish on 03:36:654 (1) -. This is the first time that you change the finish pattern, so it might as well be consistent with the song. Missing the 3rd finish makes it somewhat weird to play since there is the same emphasis in the song.
  5. 03:52:462 (1,1,1,1) - What happened to the finish at 04:00:883 (1) -? It would be a perfect fit for the emphasis here, and it makes the mapset more consistent. Your mapping is consistent enough for the marathon, but hitsounds should be consistent as well. It seems like you put the finish here 04:09:304 (1) - even though it's the same pattern, so you should really add a finish here.
  6. 04:26:925 (1,1,1,6) - To be consistent with all of your other hitsounds in the other songs, you must remove the finish at 04:29:888 (1) - and add the finish at 04:32:851 (1) - instead. Not only do you fix consistency, but you also emphasize the vocal that got emphasized in the former.
  7. 04:45:444 (2) - Remove this finish. It's much too loud for the song and what she is saying. You did not use a finish here 04:45:444 (2) - so you should also not use it here 04:45:444 (2) -.

Fixed all this hitsound part! Thanks for the notice.
[Spacing]
  1. 02:57:852 (3,4,5,6,7) - This pattern may look cool but the spacing makes it really difficult to play, especially compared to the other parts of the map. The irregular star shape may make many regular osu players miss this. I lol'd, but I fixed this star so u happy! :X
  2. 04:12:111 (1,2,1) - It's weird to stack these objects like this. It may not be rankable, since the slider track of 04:12:637 (1) - is slightly hidden while 04:12:111 (1) - ends. Since the first slider does not follow the same pattern as the second slider, it could be an annoyance for the marathon player. This should not happen in a map of this difficulty. Furthermore, you do not use a pattern like this anywhere else, so it should not appear for the first time 4 minutes into the marathon. Yes, I remapped that part.
[Playability]
  1. 00:08:024 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - This is supremely overmapped compared to the other parts of the song. In comparison, 00:23:443 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - is an acceptable difficulty, but the one at the start is not as good as it can be in relation to the other parts of the map. You should not exclude players from enjoying the marathon simply because they cannot get through the first part of it. Try using more sliders here instead. It's totaly not overmapped since I followed the drums, and the fact I put crossing at the begening so poeple don't get frustrated at the middle about breaking on stream, so they can restart.
  2. 06:01:176 (1) - This does not follow any other pattern in the entire map. Even if this is 1/3, you should consider the fact that it's 6 minutes into the song and you did not use a previous pattern. When I played your map, this part was really weird since it was one of the only waits in the map that required me to hold a slider in place. This should not be here. I remaped this.
Good luck!

Bakari wrote:

My two cents:

Okay so first of all I already said this map is really old, even older that the submitted date, and I had no experience in mp3 cutting/mix etc.. It was the first time I downloaded Audacity, and I wanted to try it my self because I don't like when other make stuff for me. And yeah I agree with you it's not THE PERFECT cut, but it's decent, and It won't affect your gameplay.. So I won't change this one.. But I know now I can do better, and that's what I'm doing on my other maps.
Absolutely invalid point. If you want it ranked now make it accepptable for today's quality standards. Just because something is tolerable it does not necessarily mean that we should tolerate it. I'll try to redo some stuff, but this is really frustrating that poeple just come here to make drama on my map that is 8 month old, but when a shitmap from3years get ranked, aaa nobody says anything, or other maps get ranked with garbage quality atm, no no nobody says anything, but just because I mapped a SAO marathon and it's hype anime, and I'm kinda known mapper, poeple just come there instead, but ok i'll deal with the salt.

And ? Double BPM mapping is the same, thanks.
Have a read at the RC again, every song must be timed perfecytly. Yes, I believe this also applies to doubled/halved BPMs. Please I can't even count how many new maps got ranked while mapping in double BPM, even ranking while overmapping double bpm k.o.k.o.r.o, and you blaming me for doubling a 20sec song on my marathon that fits perfectly, please.

Mystyk wrote:

Ummm what's wrong with trying to rank old maps? Just because something is old doesn't mean the quality is bad. Are you saying we should remap the map to make it 2016 style?

About the map:
I was wondering why this had such a bad rating, so I checked it out, and I think there are a few things that aren't so good but I don't think it is THAT bad to deserve such a low rating either. The quality of this map is kind of in-between, it is not 10/10 but not 1/10 either. Tbh most maps are like this, I would say this map is average but not bad. I didn't find anything THAT bad, I mean, there are a few patterns that could be improved, but it feels like people are exaggerating.

Don't misunderstand me though, I'm not saying the map is awesome, and just because I said this doesn't mean you should ignore other's opinion. If people dislike this map AND they point out a reason, you should consider them.

I'm not really a good player but I played it and I thought that the jumps were kinda average, they didn't feel bad (except a few).
Well here's a small mod anyway, don't worry, if your map was REALLY bad, it would be a lot longer, and it's not like you're going to change everything anyway.

However, don't have a bad attitude and DO consider it.

1. 00:23:108 (2,1,2,3,4) - I dislike it when people place streams like this, under a sliderend I dislike when poeple mod and say "I dislike your patern but I won't give you an alternative", well I'm sorry that you dislike it, but I like it.
  2. 00:56:771 (3) - this should be here 00:56:990 - because the drum is there Okay, i fixed.
  3. 00:58:414 (3,4,5) - triplets like this are unnecessary, I mean...did you listen to the song properly? I don't understand why the person who mapped this part put these triplets ouf of nowhere, but it doesn't fit the song, ofc no one will notice while playing but it doesn't fit the song
  4. 01:00:275 (3) - this is again badly placed, the drum is 01:00:494 - so you should replace it
  5. 01:02:027 (3) - same ^
  6. 01:03:779 (4) - same ^ don't make me mention all please, you know what I mean already Please don't make me remove all triples, to make the map boring thanks. It's not like it's overmaped triples those 2 last ones, so i'll keep it.
  7. 03:11:355 (1,2) - on what sounds are these mapped on? I feel like they are unnecessary and it's overmapping because there are no sounds that ask for hit circles there, and removing them would emphasize the strong part way better 03:11:579 (3) - I think you should turn up the volume, I can't say anything else.
  8. 03:15:944 (3,4,5,6) - this stream doesn't really feel good to play either, the song is so calm, the streams don't fit well in this part so imo this kind of rhythm would fit better - https://puu.sh/qbuUC/ffc00d2f79.jpg Ok
  9. 03:22:997 (2,3,4,5,6) - same ^ nope not this one
  10. 03:25:795 (7,1) - I didn't like the different spacing between these, equal spacing would be better since they are in equal distance in time as well and it would look nicer for the eyes as well emphasis finish
  11. 03:49:830 (2,1,2,1) - I REALLY dislike this 1/4 slider jump, it is uncomfortable to play especially compared to the rest of the difficulty, imo you should put them close to each other or place it differently I REALLY like this 1/4 slider jump, and emphasis perfectly this section.
  12. 04:02:462 (2,3,4,1,2,3) - why are these spaced so differently? (and a few others as well in this track) I just see no reason to use different spacing for triplets and such, it would be so much nicer with equal spacing, it would be consistent and reasonable emphasis volume of the song
  13. 04:32:111 (7,1) - I wonder why you had to place this 04:32:851 (1) - under the other one, that made no sense imo since the field is so big but you just had to put it under, it would be better if you replaced it since it's slow bpm it's readable, and it's nice to play
  14. 04:53:937 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - it looked like you wanted to gradually increase the spacing BUT what you did was low spacing for 3 notes - high spacing for the other 3 notes, I don't really understand, you should try something like this instead - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5671390 - since the music is still not loud I wouldn't really suggest higher spacing ok
  15. 05:56:587 (2,3) - this small jump didn't feel justified since the vocals are still calm at these 2 notes, but ofc it is understandable 05:56:998 (4,5,6) - but not before, I think you could just do this https://puu.sh/qbvpi/c03de8d058.jpg - it fits the vocals perfectly and the slidertick can just emphasize the small sound where you ended your slider first clap
  16. 06:17:689 (1,2,1) - 1/4 slider jumps :( at least put them a bit closer imo nah they are fine

Maakkeli wrote:

just going to pass by and say that 06:01:176 (1) - is wrongly snapped. It's a snare hit on that blue tick and the 1/3 starts from the white tick

dunno how no one noticed this lol Yes I remapped that part!
Thanks you guys for that!
I'm not finish with this! I'll polish more and try to remap some paterns, even tho I want to keep my old style.
Meg
I think you should check all mods

Everyone used their times to check this map seriously

You should thank them

Don't defy them

P.S
Also I think this map is not bad. You don't need to give up. Good luck!
Akitoshi
wow omg its meg
big fan

welp rank pls kirito my waifu
Topic Starter
Sotarks
Ok, I remaped some part, and polished some stuff more. But I still don't think a remap of some songs is necessary for this map.
I can agree that some poeple will still don't like my map, i'm sorry then. I really like how the map turned in with the time and with the mods, and I still tried to keep the oldish version of my old mapping style while polishing more some stuff.
I'm really thankful for poeple that spent time on my map to check it, I do accept critism.

If you guys has still some feedbacks, and stuff that you noticed please say it. Please just don't say "I don't like this, so change pls".

Also please don't blame the BN for iconing this map.
Starset
hi
Doormat
to be fair about shirushi being double bpm, one of the current ranked sets (the more well known one by Umi) also lists the bpm as 146 so i can see why people would be confused about its proper bpm (it is 73 though).

gonna remain neutral on this drama stuff, best of luck Sotarks!
Topic Starter
Sotarks

Doormat wrote:

to be fair about shirushi being double bpm, one of the current ranked set also lists the bpm as 146 so i can see why people would be confused about its proper bpm (it is 73 though).

gonna remain neutral on this drama stuff, best of luck Sotarks!
Yeah, I just saw that right know!
Thank you Doormat ! ♥
Akiyama Mizuki
Oh you are fast lol, mods in crossing field ~ courage part might be overlapped ;(

I suggest AR9. AR9.2 seems a bit overforced in parts like Shirushi, mind setting to 9? Overall songs are not that intense, and parts with more intense songs like courage, INNOCENCE, crossing field look just fine with AR9.
OD8? Really no point in making a few ms difference to getting a 100.

Suggestions may be about visuals, they are (kind of) minor stuffs.

crossing field
00:05:343 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - Visually messy. Maybe like this? You don't really have to make it exactly look like this to improve, though
00:10:035 (1,1,1,2) - It looks literally like crushed a triangle and its center point
00:11:208 - VERY mappable vocal here.
00:12:382 - VERY mappable drum, too.
00:16:739 (5,6) - Is there a point in making a jump here? No difference with 00:16:069 (1,2) - and 00:16:404 (3,4) -
00:19:421 (3,4) - ^, No difference with 00:18:750 (1,2) -
00:28:136 (1,2,3,4) - It could have looked like a typical 90 degree rotate slider pattern. Idk if you tried to make it not look typical, but it looks worse than that tbh.
00:29:477 ~ 00:31:991 - Random-ish spacings like 00:18:750 ~ 00:21:264 - too.
00:34:337 (1,2,3) - this just looks simply ramdom.. At least there has to be consistency in distance as it's mapped to the drums, don't you think so?
00:36:851 (3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - 00:36:851 - is bass drum and 00:36:935 - is no drum.

No More Time Machine
01:15:275 (1) - 01:17:027 (1,2) - Inconsistency in circle / slider use

Niji No Oto
01:59:203 (1,2) - This plays awkwardly easy compared to the overall part, loosening the tension weirdly. Put a note between them or make more distance
This part looks good!

courage
02:34:741 (4,1) - Mind blanketing? https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5672532 would look good imo
02:37:648 (2) - No crash here, why put finish?
02:38:413 (2,3) - Mute the sliderend please.
02:50:352 (2) - Missing clap here!
02:51:270 ~ 02:52:648 - Easier than overall part when vocal is going up..

Overfly
03:24:116 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Drums are a bit ignored here :(

IGNITE
03:48:953 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - NC spam? Why?
03:48:252 ~ 03:50:883 - the part is slightly overdone imo even considering this is a transition to climax..
04:05:708 (3) - Extremely minor thing though, spacing inconsistency
04:14:918 - Oh no this part is REALLY PAINFULLY cut here when the song is going to the very climax. :( Imo the second worst mp3 cut in the game next to Bearizm's Absolute Soul

Yume Sekai
04:38:407 (7) - You could've put 2 notes to the drums instead to make some nice contrast with 04:37:666 (5,6) -

Startear
04:55:728 (1,2,3) - Isn't the distance supposed to increase here though
05:07:818 (1,3) - Fixed blanket would look nice

Shirushi
06:01:210 (1) - NC on 06:01:313 (2) - instead, currect NC is misleading rhythm-wise
06:01:998 (1) - Same reason, NC on 06:02:135 (2) - instead please.

INNOCENCE
06:15:393 (1,2) - A bit too large imo
06:39:820 (1,2,3,1) - Doesn't really matter though, I'd make a simple ending so players don't miss here and lose their full combo.

You don't just rank a map that you know you can improve just to show that you can. That's just a blatant self-deceit.

I hope this mod helped, apologize if my statements were overly discouraging, not my intention.
Good luck!
Topic Starter
Sotarks

bbj0920 wrote:

Oh you are fast lol, mods in crossing field ~ courage part might be overlapped ;(

I suggest AR9. AR9.2 seems a bit overforced in parts like Shirushi, mind setting to 9? Overall songs are not that intense, and parts with more intense songs like courage, INNOCENCE, crossing field look just fine with AR9.
OD8? Really no point in making a few ms difference to getting a 100.

Suggestions may be about visuals, they are (kind of) minor stuffs.

crossing field
00:05:343 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - Visually messy. Maybe like this? You don't really have to make it exactly look like this to improve, though :arrow: Okay I did an alternative of your suggestion since I don't really like blankets so much atm xd
00:10:035 (1,1,1,2) - It looks literally like crushed a triangle and its center point :arrow: It wasn't my intention to make a perfect triangle here, but I adjusted the top note to make it polished with the stream.
00:11:208 - VERY mappable vocal here. :arrow: Yeah I knew that till the begining, but I didn't want to do it. But okay lots of poeple mentionned it so I fixed.
00:12:382 - VERY mappable drum, too. :arrow: Same for this one, fixed.
00:16:739 (5,6) - Is there a point in making a jump here? No difference with 00:16:069 (1,2) - and 00:16:404 (3,4) - :arrow: Ok, I replaced it by a slider!
00:19:421 (3,4) - ^, No difference with 00:18:750 (1,2) - :arrow: Fixed!
00:28:136 (1,2,3,4) - It could have looked like a typical 90 degree rotate slider pattern. Idk if you tried to make it not look typical, but it looks worse than that tbh. :arrow: Yep, I remaped the whole thing.
00:29:477 ~ 00:31:991 - Random-ish spacings like 00:18:750 ~ 00:21:264 - too. :arrow: Made it consistent
00:34:337 (1,2,3) - this just looks simply ramdom.. At least there has to be consistency in distance as it's mapped to the drums, don't you think so? :arrow: I kept the patern, but fixed the distance!
00:36:851 (3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - 00:36:851 - is bass drum and 00:36:935 - is no drum. :arrow: I remaped that whole part!

No More Time Machine
01:15:275 (1) - 01:17:027 (1,2) - Inconsistency in circle / slider use :arrow: I did that to not have the lame spam of the same rythmn, I think it fits.

Niji No Oto
01:59:203 (1,2) - This plays awkwardly easy compared to the overall part, loosening the tension weirdly. Put a note between them or make more distance :arrow: It's because the voice looks like goes slowly, and this patern flows good!
This part looks good!

courage
02:34:741 (4,1) - Mind blanketing? https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5672532 would look good imo :arrow: Nah, but I changed the shape of the slider instead.
02:37:648 (2) - No crash here, why put finish? :arrow: Removed!
02:38:413 (2,3) - Mute the sliderend please. :arrow: Sure!
02:50:352 (2) - Missing clap here! :arrow: Upps!
02:51:270 ~ 02:52:648 - Easier than overall part when vocal is going up.. :arrow: Nah, I want to follow the voice by 1/2 sliders here..

Overfly
03:24:116 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Drums are a bit ignored here :( :arrow: Yeah I know, but I wanted to emphasis the violin first!

IGNITE
03:48:953 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - NC spam? Why? :arrow: For the readability of the patern, man.
03:48:252 ~ 03:50:883 - the part is slightly overdone imo even considering this is a transition to climax.. :arrow: Please I like it, but I nerfed the spacing a bit so it's easier.
04:05:708 (3) - Extremely minor thing though, spacing inconsistency :arrow: Sure
04:14:918 - Oh no this part is REALLY PAINFULLY cut here when the song is going to the very climax. :( Imo the second worst mp3 cut in the game next to Bearizm's Absolute Soul :arrow: I mapped the end! I agree with you xD

Yume Sekai
04:38:407 (7) - You could've put 2 notes to the drums instead to make some nice contrast with 04:37:666 (5,6) - :arrow: Sure! And I polished more this patern

Startear
04:55:728 (1,2,3) - Isn't the distance supposed to increase here though :arrow: Yep, I did that now, soz.
05:07:818 (1,3) - Fixed blanket would look nice :arrow: Blanket wasn't my intention here.

Shirushi
06:01:210 (1) - NC on 06:01:313 (2) - instead, currect NC is misleading rhythm-wise :arrow: sure
06:01:998 (1) - Same reason, NC on 06:02:135 (2) - instead please. :arrow: ok

INNOCENCE
06:15:393 (1,2) - A bit too large imo :arrow: Yup fixed!
06:39:820 (1,2,3,1) - Doesn't really matter though, I'd make a simple ending so players don't miss here and lose their full combo. :arrow: Lol who cares XD I wanted to emphasis finish anyways and it's not that hard

You don't just rank a map that you know you can improve just to show that you can. That's just a blatant self-deceit.

I hope this mod helped, apologize if my statements were overly discouraging, not my intention.
Good luck!
Thanks a lot !
Spaghetti
ill be back with a mod soon~
Kinshara
I don't think this map is bad really lool.

About shirushi, since all your other songs are timed perfectly, why not change shirushi to 73 for consistency and just double the sv using an inherited timing point?
Doyak
The only different thing when mapped with double bpm is the Nightcore mod and the beat speed on the menu, so still it's better to fix it.
Topic Starter
Sotarks
I tried to do that, but it fucked up my whole song, how can I do this ?
Kinshara
here you go~ http://puu.sh/qbRca/d00ab92a6f.osz

i fixed it for you using the most up-to-date beatmap :)
Spaghetti
leggo

[general]
im not gonna point every one out, but pls polish your blankets and slider curves. it makes for a much better map aesthetically-wise
[full dive]
00:05:845 (1,2,3) - this pattern is basically a triangle, why not polish it? (id just rotate one slider 3 times too so it looks nicer)
00:16:739 (5,6) - this is some awkward flow, try copying 00:17:745 (2) - and pasting it around where 6 was, and blanket 3 with it
00:21:935 (3) - wouldn't this be better as a 1/2 slider to avoid an awkward rhythm gap? it also helps to add more intensity in the next gap, where you can really hear the transition into the second half of the chorus.
00:32:158 (1,2) - this 3/4 spacing is inconsistent with the last one, id choose one or the other for such a drastic change in gameplay
00:39:197 (1) - why is this NC here?
00:41:041 (3) - polish these curves pls
00:42:382 (4) - ctrl ging this would play better with the repeating slider before it
00:54:910 (4,5,6,7,8) - TA TO E
01:15:275 (1,2,3,4) - not a fan of the small spacing for the 1/2 gap, especially on low bpm. why not make it bigger?
03:09:116 (1) - POLISH THE SECOND CURVE PLS
04:09:129 (6,1) - i feel like this can also be spaced out more because, even if its 1/4 rhythm-wise, it still plays like a 1/2 gap
05:09:385 (1,2) - wai no blanket
05:53:505 (3,4,1) - this would play a bit nicer if you put 4 at around x:284 y:162

seems like the maps quality got better as i went in, but the Niji No Oto section was the best mapped part imo

gl with this o/
Underforest
will help out soon
those
I think it would be more accurate to mod this map only after the mapper has created a better mp3 (that way, timestamps will be consistent with the final version). I'll quote from what I posted before:

those wrote:

Figure out precisely which section of each song you want to map, and make proper cuts and fades that are actually consistent across all songs (e.g. the first song fades out while the mapping does not stop, the second break is much, much longer than all the other breaks, etc.)
Topic Starter
Sotarks

Kinshara wrote:

here you go~ http://puu.sh/qbRca/d00ab92a6f.osz

i fixed it for you using the most up-to-date beatmap :)
Thanks dude, I really appreciate !

Spaghetti wrote:

leggo

[general]
im not gonna point every one out, but pls polish your blankets and slider curves. it makes for a much better map aesthetically-wise :arrow: some patern u want me to blanket wasn't mean to be blankets please.
[full dive]
00:05:845 (1,2,3) - this pattern is basically a triangle, why not polish it? (id just rotate one slider 3 times too so it looks nicer) :arrow: Hmm, idk how to polish it since i think it is good already xd
00:16:739 (5,6) - this is some awkward flow, try copying 00:17:745 (2) - and pasting it around where 6 was, and blanket 3 with it :arrow: ok i did
00:21:935 (3) - wouldn't this be better as a 1/2 slider to avoid an awkward rhythm gap? it also helps to add more intensity in the next gap, where you can really hear the transition into the second half of the chorus. :arrow: I like really much actually this rythmn, I don't want to change it.. It fits the song.
00:32:158 (1,2) - this 3/4 spacing is inconsistent with the last one, id choose one or the other for such a drastic change in gameplay :arrow: yep ok, I corrected it.
00:39:197 (1) - why is this NC here? :arrow: oups removed
00:41:041 (3) - polish these curves pls :arrow: ok
00:42:382 (4) - ctrl ging this would play better with the repeating slider before it :arrow: gud idea bro
00:54:910 (4,5,6,7,8) - TA TO E :arrow: Ok fixed =w=
01:15:275 (1,2,3,4) - not a fan of the small spacing for the 1/2 gap, especially on low bpm. why not make it bigger?
03:09:116 (1) - POLISH THE SECOND CURVE PLS :arrow: OK THANK YOU
04:09:129 (6,1) - i feel like this can also be spaced out more because, even if its 1/4 rhythm-wise, it still plays like a 1/2 gap :arrow: ok darling
05:09:385 (1,2) - wai no blanket :arrow: fck blanket
05:53:505 (3,4,1) - this would play a bit nicer if you put 4 at around x:284 y:162 :arrow: ok

seems like the maps quality got better as i went in, but the Niji No Oto section was the best mapped part imo

gl with this o/
thanks spag!
Underforest
00:10:035 (1,1) - It is really neccesary NC?
00:40:203 (1,3) - You draw those sliders as a different way, intentional?
03:52:287 - 03:52:374 - add circles stacking on the slider start of this 03:52:462 (1) -
05:01:101 (1) - this part of stream is a bit off move it to x:328 y:351
05:37:785 - you skipped a drum here
06:18:016 (1,1) - add finish

gl!
Topic Starter
Sotarks

Underforest wrote:

00:10:035 (1,1) - It is really neccesary NC? :arrow: for the readability of the rythmn
00:40:203 (1,3) - You draw those sliders as a different way, intentional? :arrow: yep, because i think the flow is beter with more curve on horizontal ones rather than vertical xd
03:52:287 - 03:52:374 - add circles stacking on the slider start of this 03:52:462 (1) - :arrow: sure I can
05:01:101 (1) - this part of stream is a bit off move it to x:328 y:351 :arrow: it's not off it's spaced more for emphasis on finish
05:37:785 - you skipped a drum here :arrow: yeah i know xd
06:18:016 (1,1) - add finish :arrow: yes

gl!
Thanks!
Kibbleru

Monstrata wrote:

Sadly, this could use more work...

I don't really care about the drama, but I agree with Sonnyc. You're becoming one of the more popular mappers of 2016... People are going to expect higher quality works from you because sooner or later, if they aren't already, people are going to be opening your maps and learning your "style" and applying stuff in your maps to their own maps. Whether you want to or not, you will be influencing the next generation of mappers with your works. What do you want to leave behind when you move on from osu?
i second this.

trust me, i did exactly what u did here https://osu.ppy.sh/s/249230
the user rating explain everything LOL

As a life lesson. It's one thing to be a bad mapper and make a bad map. But its another thing to be a good mapper but make a bad map. From personal experience, having people say "I'm dissapointed in you" is the worst feeling ever.
-kevincela-
Hello! Since it seems like you want to get this map ranked I thought I might also give you a hand with a mod.
[Full Dive]
  1. 00:08:024 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - This pattern seems quite inconsistent and not really great flow-wise... I'd suggest you to move 00:08:359 (4,5,6) - at x:496 y:96 and the whole pattern 00:08:694 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - at x:467 y:298, I think it has a more consistent spacing and the dropoff should also play better!
  2. 00:10:706 (2) - After that downward motion from 00:10:538 (1) - to this slider, I didn't really expect a slider actually curved upwards... I would rework this pattern a bit by using a slider going downwards instead (and not as curved as the current one), I think it makes much more sense in this way. Here's what it should look like: http://puu.sh/qcAMv/7f16c5ac0c.jpg
  3. 00:11:711 - The sudden change from the vocals to the drums feels quite strange here because of this note, I'd make it into a 1/1 slider finishing at 00:12:046 - , so that it follows the whole vocal chord and also goes in the transition to the drums better (that 3/2 gap is kinda awkward as is at the moment)
  4. 00:16:572 (4) - Unless you really wanted to make this lower in DS, I'd suggest you to move this to x:256 y:24. This is mostly for aesthetic reasons, and if you want you can also buff a bit the spacing of 00:16:069 (1,2) - to make up for this. Your choice here :D
  5. 00:21:767 (2,3,1,2,3) - While I think I get the reason standing behind this pattern, I do find this gap to be quite surprising, especially since you've used up to now a costant rhythm, and also since you don't repeat it with 00:32:661 (3,4,5,6) - . I'd suggest you to replace 00:21:935 (3) - with a 1/2 slider pointing to 00:21:767 (2,1) - , like this: http://puu.sh/qcB2d/33285af864.jpg
  6. 00:32:996 (4) - A new combo should go here, according to your previous pattern!
  7. 00:34:002 (1,2,3) - This triplet standing there is a bit strange, considering that there's a new combo on it which is strange when you see it goes straight into another new combo with 00:34:337 (1) - and also considering how it's placed there, suddenly decreasing the spacing and also being a bit too crowded because of this spacing. Maybe you should place it a bit further from 00:33:834 (2) - and also increase its spacing, especially since the player will go into 00:34:337 (1,2,3) - after this triplet.
    00:40:203 (1,2,3) - This pattern could also use some work imo. I think 00:40:706 (2) - works better for this pattern, especially because of the transition between 00:40:203 (1,3) - , and I would also adjust the curves of 00:41:041 (3) - to blanket 00:40:203 (1) - . This should be the outcome result:
    SPOILER

170,270,40203,6,0,B|194:204|149:179|178:110,1,160,6|8,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
    24,153,40706,2,0,P|17:193|18:233,1,80,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
    208,352,41041,2,0,B|176:368|128:352|128:352|88:336|51:349,1,160,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
  8. 01:06:954 (4) - Does this need a new combo? I don't think it varies enough here to do it.
  9. 01:19:874 (6,7) - This transition is a bit heh, it kinda breaks the upwards flow you created with 01:19:217 (3,4,5) - . There are many options to redo this, this may be an example: http://puu.sh/qcBDx/70d1b7eb08.jpg
  10. 01:21:406 (5) - A new combo could work well here, since the drums starts playing here.
  11. To be honest the No More Time Machine part lacks of focus on the vocalist, it flows okayish but its rhythm is quite dull, it's mostly 1/2 with some 1/1 sliders on white ticks and some triplets. If you want to give this part some more polish later on I'd say to start with focusing a bit more on the vocals, foe example you can remake 00:59:071 (5,1) - into a note + 1/1 red tick slider to follow it. There are many things you can actually do :P
  12. 01:49:560 (3,4) - This is a really little thing, though these two sliders are not parallel. You should copy 01:49:560 (3) - here and use the ingame tool to extend it so that you obtain a perfect slider to match with it :P
  13. 01:57:417 (4,5,6,1) - Seeing the direction where 01:57:060 (3) - is heading, I'd place 01:57:417 (4) - so that 01:56:346 (1) - blankets it. The outcome will be quite smoother to play, imo! Here's how you can also continue the pattern:
    SPOILER

352,240,117417,1,2,0:0:0:0:
    240,152,117596,1,8,0:0:0:0:
    240,152,117685,1,0,0:0:0:0:
    240,152,117774,6,0,L|157:150,1,60.0000022888184,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
    88,80,118132,2,0,B|120:64|120:64|208:64,1,120.000004577637,2|8,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
  14. 02:07:596 (7) - What would you think about putting this note at x:512 y:128? I think it continues the pattern better, and also looks quite good since it's parallel to 02:06:881 (3,4,5) - :P
  15. 02:22:060 (1) - x:120 y:104? I think it'd make more sense than just putting it into the center :P
  16. 02:34:741 (4) - This curve could continue the jump from 02:34:588 (3) - better... What would you think about something like this?
  17. 02:48:056 (4) - This is another place where a new combo could work really well, because of the introduction of the drums :P
  18. 02:50:964 (5) - Just for aesthetic reasons, I'd place this at x:296 y:240 to make a blanket with 02:50:352 (2) -
  19. 02:52:801 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - This may be just me, however i expected these jumps to go on the other way, as in from the biggest to the smallest, since the singer's pitch here decreases, while the drums are simply repeated.
  20. 03:17:399 (2) - The sudden decrease in spacing going towards the stream seems rather strange... I'd place this at x:96 y:272 to avoid so. You may also place 03:18:295 (8) - at x:488 y:96 if you do so
  21. 03:24:116 (1,2,1) - This pattern sure could use some tweaking to make it a little bit better aesthetically, here's an example:
    SPOILER

328,176,204564,2,0,P|355:131|339:65,1,120,6|8,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
    323,51,205011,2,0,P|261:36|206:70,1,120,12|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
    200,80,205459,1,8,0:0:0:0:
    192,96,205571,1,8,0:0:0:0:
    184,112,205683,1,8,0:0:0:0:
    176,128,205795,1,0,0:0:0:0:
  22. 03:50:006 (3) - This new combo can be quite confusing since it comes right after a 1/4 slider. I'd remove it, since there's no real need to have it! I'd also do the same with 03:49:304 (1) - , in case you fixed this.
  23. 04:46:925 (1) - A new combo here instead could work good since it makes the pattern look tidier and also fits with the singer's changing phase.
  24. 04:53:937 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - While you had a good idea in mind with gradually increasing the spacing here, the outcome isn't very pleasant to play. I'd go for a rounder pattern here, by placing 04:54:385 (3) - at x:344 y:280, 04:54:833 (5) - at x:320 y:56 and 04:55:057 (6) - at x:176 y:96. It should feel quite better both to look at and to play!
  25. 04:55:728 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - The same applies for this. I'd place 04:56:624 (5) - at x:224 y:248 and 04:56:848 (6) - at x:488 y:232.
  26. 05:06:922 (3,4) - This seems to be overmapped, or at least I don't hear any 1/4 sounds here. If you really want to keep it at least you should put 05:06:698 (2) - to a more distant place (example: x:184 y:64) since as of now the transition is kinda awkward :v
  27. 05:51:792 - A note here would work really good, since there's a clear beat going on here and it makes also a nice rhythm variation :p (it's in 1/12 snap, in case you are wondering)
While the map is not bad I do think it could use some more tweaks (my mod could have been a lot longer if I introduced other minimal aesthetic things), however it's not anything that can't be done with some mods. With that being said, good luck with the map! I hope you can get it requalified sooner or later :D
Topic Starter
Sotarks

-kevincela- wrote:

Hello! Since it seems like you want to get this map ranked I thought I might also give you a hand with a mod.
[Full Dive]
  1. 00:08:024 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - This pattern seems quite inconsistent and not really great flow-wise... I'd suggest you to move 00:08:359 (4,5,6) - at x:496 y:96 and the whole pattern 00:08:694 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - at x:467 y:298, I think it has a more consistent spacing and the dropoff should also play better! :arrow: Yes, you're totally right! Good idea.
  2. 00:10:706 (2) - After that downward motion from 00:10:538 (1) - to this slider, I didn't really expect a slider actually curved upwards... I would rework this pattern a bit by using a slider going downwards instead (and not as curved as the current one), I think it makes much more sense in this way. Here's what it should look like: http://puu.sh/qcAMv/7f16c5ac0c.jpg :arrow: Yep, correct. I used your suggestion here.
  3. 00:11:711 - The sudden change from the vocals to the drums feels quite strange here because of this note, I'd make it into a 1/1 slider finishing at 00:12:046 - , so that it follows the whole vocal chord and also goes in the transition to the drums better (that 3/2 gap is kinda awkward as is at the moment) :arrow: Ok, I added that 1/1.
  4. 00:16:572 (4) - Unless you really wanted to make this lower in DS, I'd suggest you to move this to x:256 y:24. This is mostly for aesthetic reasons, and if you want you can also buff a bit the spacing of 00:16:069 (1,2) - to make up for this. Your choice here :D :arrow: Ok, I placed that note here it's a good idea, I can't remember why I did that, I also buffed a little bit the previous patern.
  5. 00:21:767 (2,3,1,2,3) - While I think I get the reason standing behind this pattern, I do find this gap to be quite surprising, especially since you've used up to now a costant rhythm, and also since you don't repeat it with 00:32:661 (3,4,5,6) - . I'd suggest you to replace 00:21:935 (3) - with a 1/2 slider pointing to 00:21:767 (2,1) - , like this: http://puu.sh/qcB2d/33285af864.jpg :arrow: Yeah I was just thinking about that, fixed.
  6. 00:32:996 (4) - A new combo should go here, according to your previous pattern! :arrow: Ok!
  7. 00:34:002 (1,2,3) - This triplet standing there is a bit strange, considering that there's a new combo on it which is strange when you see it goes straight into another new combo with 00:34:337 (1) - and also considering how it's placed there, suddenly decreasing the spacing and also being a bit too crowded because of this spacing. Maybe you should place it a bit further from 00:33:834 (2) - and also increase its spacing, especially since the player will go into 00:34:337 (1,2,3) - after this triplet. :arrow: I made this a reverse instead, so it's not weird anymore (maybe?) xD
    00:40:203 (1,2,3) - This pattern could also use some work imo. I think 00:40:706 (2) - works better for this pattern, especially because of the transition between 00:40:203 (1,3) - , and I would also adjust the curves of 00:41:041 (3) - to blanket 00:40:203 (1) - . This should be the outcome result: :arrow: Correct fixed, but I didn't blanket because fck blankets.
    SPOILER

170,270,40203,6,0,B|194:204|149:179|178:110,1,160,6|8,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
    24,153,40706,2,0,P|17:193|18:233,1,80,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
    208,352,41041,2,0,B|176:368|128:352|128:352|88:336|51:349,1,160,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
  8. 01:06:954 (4) - Does this need a new combo? I don't think it varies enough here to do it. :arrow: Well.. Ok.
  9. 01:19:874 (6,7) - This transition is a bit heh, it kinda breaks the upwards flow you created with 01:19:217 (3,4,5) - . There are many options to redo this, this may be an example: http://puu.sh/qcBDx/70d1b7eb08.jpg
  10. 01:21:406 (5) - A new combo could work well here, since the drums starts playing here.
  11. To be honest the No More Time Machine part lacks of focus on the vocalist, it flows okayish but its rhythm is quite dull, it's mostly 1/2 with some 1/1 sliders on white ticks and some triplets. If you want to give this part some more polish later on I'd say to start with focusing a bit more on the vocals, foe example you can remake 00:59:071 (5,1) - into a note + 1/1 red tick slider to follow it. There are many things you can actually do :P :arrow: Tbh I'm fine with the rythmn on this song, since I wanted to make it simple so player can rest a bit I think, and replayed it and I quit enjoyed the rythmn in fact.. So yeah. I think it fits.
  12. 01:49:560 (3,4) - This is a really little thing, though these two sliders are not parallel. You should copy 01:49:560 (3) - here and use the ingame tool to extend it so that you obtain a perfect slider to match with it :P :arrow: Done!
  13. 01:57:417 (4,5,6,1) - Seeing the direction where 01:57:060 (3) - is heading, I'd place 01:57:417 (4) - so that 01:56:346 (1) - blankets it. The outcome will be quite smoother to play, imo! Here's how you can also continue the pattern: :arrow: Good idea!
    SPOILER

352,240,117417,1,2,0:0:0:0:
    240,152,117596,1,8,0:0:0:0:
    240,152,117685,1,0,0:0:0:0:
    240,152,117774,6,0,L|157:150,1,60.0000022888184,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
    88,80,118132,2,0,B|120:64|120:64|208:64,1,120.000004577637,2|8,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
  14. 02:07:596 (7) - What would you think about putting this note at x:512 y:128? I think it continues the pattern better, and also looks quite good since it's parallel to 02:06:881 (3,4,5) - :P :arrow: nice!
  15. 02:22:060 (1) - x:120 y:104? I think it'd make more sense than just putting it into the center :P :arrow: Yes I know! Fixed
  16. 02:34:741 (4) - This curve could continue the jump from 02:34:588 (3) - better... What would you think about something like this? :arrow: Yeah, good idea.
  17. 02:48:056 (4) - This is another place where a new combo could work really well, because of the introduction of the drums :P :arrow: Ok!
  18. 02:50:964 (5) - Just for aesthetic reasons, I'd place this at x:296 y:240 to make a blanket with 02:50:352 (2) - :arrow: Ok sure thing
  19. 02:52:801 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - This may be just me, however i expected these jumps to go on the other way, as in from the biggest to the smallest, since the singer's pitch here decreases, while the drums are simply repeated. :arrow: No no fine! I did what u suggested! xd
  20. 03:17:399 (2) - The sudden decrease in spacing going towards the stream seems rather strange... I'd place this at x:96 y:272 to avoid so. You may also place 03:18:295 (8) - at x:488 y:96 if you do so :arrow: yep!
  21. 03:24:116 (1,2,1) - This pattern sure could use some tweaking to make it a little bit better aesthetically, here's an example: :arrow: nice!
    SPOILER

328,176,204564,2,0,P|355:131|339:65,1,120,6|8,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
    323,51,205011,2,0,P|261:36|206:70,1,120,12|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
    200,80,205459,1,8,0:0:0:0:
    192,96,205571,1,8,0:0:0:0:
    184,112,205683,1,8,0:0:0:0:
    176,128,205795,1,0,0:0:0:0:
  22. 03:50:006 (3) - This new combo can be quite confusing since it comes right after a 1/4 slider. I'd remove it, since there's no real need to have it! I'd also do the same with 03:49:304 (1) - , in case you fixed this. :arrow: Yep!
  23. 04:46:925 (1) - A new combo here instead could work good since it makes the pattern look tidier and also fits with the singer's changing phase. :arrow: nice
  24. 04:53:937 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - While you had a good idea in mind with gradually increasing the spacing here, the outcome isn't very pleasant to play. I'd go for a rounder pattern here, by placing 04:54:385 (3) - at x:344 y:280, 04:54:833 (5) - at x:320 y:56 and 04:55:057 (6) - at x:176 y:96. It should feel quite better both to look at and to play! :arrow: Oh yes it fits
  25. 04:55:728 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - The same applies for this. I'd place 04:56:624 (5) - at x:224 y:248 and 04:56:848 (6) - at x:488 y:232. :arrow: okok
  26. 05:06:922 (3,4) - This seems to be overmapped, or at least I don't hear any 1/4 sounds here. If you really want to keep it at least you should put 05:06:698 (2) - to a more distant place (example: x:184 y:64) since as of now the transition is kinda awkward :v :arrow: well I really want to keep it so i did your other suggestion
  27. 05:51:792 - A note here would work really good, since there's a clear beat going on here and it makes also a nice rhythm variation :p (it's in 1/12 snap, in case you are wondering) :arrow: Ah I don't want to do that here, I prefer do jump to follow vocals!
While the map is not bad I do think it could use some more tweaks (my mod could have been a lot longer if I introduced other minimal aesthetic things), however it's not anything that can't be done with some mods. With that being said, good luck with the map! I hope you can get it requalified sooner or later :D
Thanks a lot for this awesome, it might have been the best mod I've ever recieved!! Thank you verymuch! I owe u alot

(RIP X icon)
Eni
For some reason my post was exempt from kudosu, so I hope this one will be able to receive kudosu.

Old mod link: p/5337972

Good luck!
Sonnyc
Gave your kudosu at the correct post.
Seijiro
kevin top tier modder, hue
Topic Starter
Sotarks
Graveyard #3 .... :(
- Ed -

Sotarks wrote:

Graveyard #3 .... :(
:/
Topic Starter
Sotarks
Well I think i'll leave this in graveyard..
Like 2 our of 3 bns that involved in this map got removed (not because of that) but still. And I guess idk if some others BNs want to take care of this mapset anymore..

I might take this back again, if I can find some BNs for this but idk ...
Thx to all who helped on this set!
AndrewLeMaster

Sotarks wrote:

This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.