forum

Telltale's Back to the Future

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
K2J
From the same people who brought you Sam & Max, Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, and Tales of Monkey Island:

New story trailer. Watch it, it got me really excited.

Screenshots

"Behind the scenes" clips:

LuigiHann
Trailer looks great, hopefully the lip sync there is a fluke, they're always bad at lip sync but it's not usually that bad. Otherwise the character facial expressions and mannerisms are pretty great. Voices sound great too. I preordered this a while back because I'm both a huge BTTF nerd and a huge Telltale fan, so it's nice to see it's definitely coming along well.
Loginer
Telltale
Instant purchase as far as I'm concerned.
Mashley
I hate the new TTG style, with the black bars and keyboard controls :
Topic Starter
K2J
BTW, get the first episode free here. Promo code is 121GIGAWATTS if that doesn't work. Of course, if you decide to pay money for the game instead, some of that will go to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research.
Gabi
is this like a visual novel?
Mashley
No, Gabi, it's an adventure game.
Loginer

Gabi wrote:

is this like a visual novel?
Sort of, but with a much bigger focus on puzzles.
heintsi
preordered first free ep, thanks o/
Blasterblitz
lol that looks cool, I wanna play it now D:
LuigiHann
Oh nice, they fixed the lip sync in the trailer. The day is saved!
Topic Starter
K2J
The official site has been updated, the episode section has (somewhat vague) spoilers, so be careful. There's also less-spoilery profiles (voice samples, story detail, and character design) for Marty, Old/Young Doc, George McFly, Biff, and hinting at what appears to be another Marty.
Topic Starter
K2J
Topic Starter
K2J
Just got an e-mail from Telltale. First episode on December 22, but only if you paid for it. If you signed up for the free copy, you have to wait until February. I feel like I've been scammed...
LuigiHann
I don't know if you can call it a scam (since free is free and you can't expect a whole lot), but what an odd thing for them to do. I can't imagine it'll have that much of a promotional impact if they hold out that long.
Topic Starter
K2J
Yeah, I realize there was no guarantee about when I'd get it, but I still feel cheated.
Mashley
Eh, I'll pirate it on release in that case.
Loginer
More importantly, there's still no Steam version announced. Guess they won't be getting my money after all.
LuigiHann

Loginer wrote:

More importantly, there's still no Steam version announced. Guess they won't be getting my money after all.
Steam version is confirmed