forum

If you want to get better quicker, change your tranning

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kurodahatsuharu
I find a science article about how to to learn a new skill better and i thing we can relate to that.

"What we found is if you practice a slightly modified version of a task you want to master, you actually learn more and faster than if you just keep practicing the exact same thing multiple times in a row,"

The volunteers were randomly assigned to one of three groups. The first group completed a typical training schedule where after the initial training session, they repeated the exact same training lesson six hours later -- based on previous studies, the amount of time believed needed to consolidate memories from the first session -- and again the next day. The second group performed the first practice session and, after six hours, completed a second training session in which Celnik and colleagues had tweaked the test so that the force needed to be changed ever so slightly in every trial.

Celnik says the gains in performance, such as a speedier and more accurate completion of the task, nearly doubled among those in the second group, who were given the altered second session, compared to those in the first group, who repeated the same task, Celnik says.

Celnik says the alterations in training have to be small, something akin to slightly adjusting the size or weight of a baseball bat, tennis racket or soccer ball in between practice sessions

"If you make the altered task too different, people do not get the gain we observed during reconsolidation," he says. "The modification between sessions needs to be subtle."

So guys, i things it's time to add some weight and size to your pen/ mouse, change your hand position, and try to tap with other fingers (maybe, i don't know)

The link is right here if you want to read the whole article
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 130955.htm
KanoSet
well for osu this means nothing.. cuz muscles' memory
Endaris
I think this rather means "don't retry, play a lot of different maps"
Deva
I noticed that i play better when i change skins.
Topic Starter
kurodahatsuharu

KanoSet wrote:

well for osu this means nothing.. cuz muscles' memory
If you read the test in the article " This entailed squeezing a device called a force transducer to move a computer cursor across a monitor. The screen test featured five windows and a "home space." Participants were asked to move the cursor from home to the various windows in a set pattern as quickly and accurately as possible." And you think this is not similar to Osu ?

HK_ wrote:

I noticed that i play better when i change skins.
Read first

Endaris wrote:

I think this rather means "don't retry, play a lot of different maps"
That's also true
Deva
I did read but it makes no sense when applied to osu.
The Gambler
Pray mole.
Topic Starter
kurodahatsuharu

HK_ wrote:

I did read but it makes no sense when applied to osu.
yeah because when you play basketball but you use a tennis ball for trainning people also said that doesn't make sense, but when someone try it and recommend it, it become normal trainning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HULFTikidB0
You are not a siencetist. This actually applied long time ago, but now they make a research about it.
You just a person who really freak out when you have to leave you comfort zone to try a new thing, you just make escuses.
Deva
Why do i even bother
FrzR
I never thought someone would be as serious as this guy in the forums. Kappa

Unfortunately I don't train myself for this game as if I play this competitively or some sort, I just improve myself overtime.
Synpoo
spam more dt and u will get better quicker
Myles

Synpoo wrote:

spam more dt and u will get better quicker
I Give Up
Just play different maps dude.
dung eater
slightly changing sensitivity for better aim ?!
DeathHydra
Seems unrelatable with osu but idk
Rilene
Is there osu!science?
silento
I mean, he's not exactly wrong. The way this applies to osu is play everything. No one gets better if they play the same shit all the time. No one learns how to jump if they keep playing streams and vice versa.
Yuudachi-kun
No but they keep getting better at streams by playing the same streams
timemon

Khelly wrote:

No but they keep getting better at streams by playing the same streams
streaming is what keeps me sane. My aim is so depressing.
Yuudachi-kun
Streams require aim though, mate.
show more