forum

Guide from one noob to another.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
The Actor
Before we start the wall of text. quick reminder that these are only my opinions and that you don't need to express your hate or anger toward me just because you don't agree with my opinion.
Note(IMPORTANT):This guide is mainly towards players that are lower than 120k.

How do I become better?
SPOILER
Becoming better is a very vague term. Are you talking about impressing your nerd friends in highschool? Or to impress your brother? In any case, the usual answer in these type of forums is quite literally "Play more". People who are usually new to this game take this as a insult and usually lash out like a child.But in all honesty, this is actually very true. There is no way to instantly FC Airman with HRHD in your first play. Sure, you may have been a pro FPS player in Counter-Strike,Call Of Duty etc... But osu itself is very different. It's a 2-Dimensional game where you press circles for about a hour and rage quit about a number in a 2000's website. FPS games and osu have very different sensitivity's(search google), and therefore your supposed aim increase from playing osu is actually closer to your RS(Response Time) improving. I could go on about all day about this but there is only one way to become better, and that is to play more.

I'm not bad, it's just that this game is made bad by horrible programmers.
SPOILER
I'm sure about 90% of people who claims that the game is horribly programmed, probably don't even know the difference between a global variable and a local variable. That aside, it's not the game that is bad. How do you think that pro players become so good? Stop lying to yourself. Practice more.

I can't jump for some reason hulp
SPOILER
Before you make a topic about this in Gameplay & Rankings, try searching on google. But that aside, jumping is a very sensitive subject. Jumping is quite literally clicking two or more circles that are far from each other. Sounds simple, but if you play it on AR9.6 with 240 BPM it's not exactly easy is it? Before you jump on those Satan Jumps, try to practice your snapping tech more. It's going to help you play better in the long run and it is going to help you jump more efficiently. Try practicing your jumps on 2011~2013 esque maps. For people who cannot pass a insane map, you can try playing hard maps that have Olbion jumps. For more information reference to https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Jumping_Techniques

Buying a tablet seems to make people pros and make mouse players look like absolute chumps
SPOILER
Absolutely wrong. I myself own both tablet and mouse. I prefer mouse over tablet as well. A graphics tablet will not make you insta better and make you the next cookiezi. There are many factors including reading,muscle memory,patterns etc.. To be more precise, I won't say that 800 DPI mouse + mouse accel = tablet. That is simply not true. Most of the time, people who's skills are mediocre claim that tablet is far better than mouse because pen is lighter than mouse. It is lighter but there are some downfalls. Tablet uses absolute tracking meaning that any shaking will effect your aim and therefore make it harder to aim. That's only one reason out of many. So experiment with mouse and move on to tablet if you feel it's more comfortable.

How do I get better ranks?
SPOILER
For actual osu ranking, use tillerino and send him !r nomod or !r dt. That will give you shitloads of pp. Jokes aside, the only way to really increase ranking is to play more maps and actually get a decent acc/combo on them. I wish I can make this like 2000+ lines, but then again I can't really put it in a easier way to explain. Ranks itself isn't exactly important, but it is there for compete

I can't stream please help
SPOILER
Streaming is a very very hard subject to get into. I myself will be honest, I am horrible at streaming as well. We are fellow bad streaming brothers/sisters lol. That aside, the road to becoming better at streams is to........ You guessed it, play more stream maps. Try searching for mini-stream maps or maps that have more 1/3 than needed. The people at Gameplay & Rankings are no longer as cancerous as they used to be, so don't be so worried that they will flame on you. Just don't get pissy on them or they will fuck you up. lol

Wait, why is a 90k noob saying this?
SPOILER
If it makes you feel any better, I lost my account in 2014 and it was a 50k. I don't know how I lost it, but I just can't remember any information about it. So um yaeh.

DT farming is for noobs
SPOILER
I agree on some aspects of that, and some I don't. People usually say Rafis is a dt farmer and sucks at the game compared to other top 10 players. And that is simply not true. The reason why this whole "dirty dt farmer" started is because overinflated easy dt hard maps that give you shitloads of pp for 30 seconds of ar 9.6/200bpm. Getting a good acc/score on a 5.2 star map with dt hr hd is far harder than you think.

Your advice is completely worthless
SPOILER
It could be to you, but I made this for the sole purpose to help new players. If you don't agree with my opinions, then go your own way ^^

To all those circle-jerking newbies. Have fun ^^
(I know this is structured horribly, and the message = play more. I still haven't completed the post itself, I will eventually one day :p, was made from boredom so don't expect quality )
Endaris
50k in 2014 is worse than 100k nowadays, so yeah...
Idk, your guide lacks structure and a clear message.
Deva
You just said "play more" in a overly complicated way.
This is why scrubs shouldnt be making guides even if its for lower rank players.
Myles
what
chainpullz

The Actor wrote:

The people at Gameplay & Rankings are no longer as cancerous as they used to be, so don't be so worried that they will flame on you. Just don't get pissy on them or they will fuck you up. lol
Good joke. If I had a potato for every "halp I suck at stream gib stream map" threads we get in G&R not only would I never be hungry, but I also would be very very very sick of potatos.
Sayorie
My tip for noobs like me:

If you like anime, play songs with cute anime music. E.g. Naruto, Reol
If you like wub wub wub, play songs with wub wub wub. E.g. Big Black
If you want to show the world that you are the next osu! master and that you eat PP for breakfast, then play more. E.g. Buy a tablet
If you want to have fun, then just enjoy the game. E.g. Play more
Myles

Arthraxium wrote:

My tip for noobs like me:

If you like anime, play songs with cute anime music. E.g. Naruto, Reol
If you like wub wub wub, play songs with wub wub wub. E.g. Big Black
If you want to show the world that you are the next osu! master and that you eat PP for breakfast, then play more. E.g. Buy a tablet
If you want to have fun, then just enjoy the game. E.g. Play more
I Give Up

The Actor wrote:

Tablet uses absolute tracking meaning that any shaking will effect your aim and therefore make it harder to aim.

The Actor wrote:

absolute tracking

The Actor wrote:

harder to aim.
pls play more before making guide. ty
Yuudachi-kun

chainpullz wrote:

The Actor wrote:

The people at Gameplay & Rankings are no longer as cancerous as they used to be, so don't be so worried that they will flame on you. Just don't get pissy on them or they will fuck you up. lol
Good joke. If I had a potato for every "halp I suck at stream gib stream map" threads we get in G&R not only would I never be hungry, but I also would be very very very sick of potatos.
>>HELP ME WITH STREAMS I WANT TO IMPROVE

>> Rank 100k posting them

Me: "Get to fuck"
DeathHydra
This is not really a guide tbh
kurodahatsuharu
you rank nearly 100k and you only have 4 songs rank S and 0 song on SS rank. you need to pratice on acc, and play more
Yolshka

The Actor wrote:

Why do you think that? Sure ,there are some postcount hunters here and there but I haven't experienced such high level of cancer. From what I can tell, if you take the time to formulate your question well then people are usually willing to help.
Am I failing to see something?

EDIT: Quote fixed >< , idk how i managed to do that.
Endaris
That failquote. :<
N0thingSpecial
Barusamikosu
G&R users are only cancerously nice. :D
Deva

kurodahatsuharu wrote:

you rank nearly 100k and you only have 4 songs rank S and 0 song on SS rank. you need to pratice on acc, and play more
You know youre bad when 300k tells you to play more
Yuudachi-kun

HK_ wrote:

kurodahatsuharu wrote:

ICE BURN
kurodahatsuharu

HK_ wrote:

kurodahatsuharu wrote:

i just play for 5 days :roll: Wait 2 more months and comeback here and edit 300K to 100K
Myles

HK_ wrote:

kurodahatsuharu wrote:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
DeathHydra

HK_ wrote:

kurodahatsuharu wrote:

Best post ever. Nothing more to say
Saphirshroom
The triangle has spoken
KanoSet
bad guide but thx for sharing.. this must have taken a bit of time
Endie-
so basically play more
Myles

Endie- wrote:

so basically play more